Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duel academy RPG!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+12
YgoBeast247
Necruta
YAMI MOTO#1
DanelerH
Booked
niney16
Alisae
Kangaroo-Jolty
username290
Pepchoninga
PowerNova
CrimsonOverlord
16 posters

descriptionDuel academy RPG!  - Page 5 EmptyDuel academy RPG!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

So some of you remember the idea we once came up with. Our very own roleplay rpg consisting of dueling through various seasons of the ygo anime and such. Now i see people are still hype for this so i want to discuss what you guys would like to have and not have, so that i can work on this to give all a good experience. Discuss below!

descriptionDuel academy RPG!  - Page 5 EmptyRe: Duel academy RPG!

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
We are making the game very luck based in many ways. But we are also getting back the old days. Then, certain decks were better then others. And the idea of the RP is not like who will win. Bad guys or good guys. So your reference to mafia, doesn't really make *sense (:3). Villains are ultimately there, to be defeated. And if it is TOO hard from them to be defeated, people will get tired or bored. I'm saying there should be a well thought system. Some are easier, some are harder. And you will know if you are gonna challenge the big bad, you are gonna have to prepare for the duel of your life. 

The thing is...if ANY of us beats the badguy they are considered defeated(I think..?) so as I said earlier it's really not gonna end up taking long if they are too easy to beat...And also...no one said the last boss deck should be any easier to beat,heck I'm not actually vs them using banned cards :3
And also reconsidering this whole idea...I find a simple good guys vs bad guys not much of an RP...cause you see...it's gonna end up being a simple event in which you just have to find these shadow fellows online and duel them;it REALLY doesn't encourage any interaction between anyone...I do have some suggestions but wanna see if anyone's gonna say anything vs what I said 1st...

P.S I like your new Avi @CrimsonOverlord

more_horiz
Well the duels we had today were neck to neck. I also dueled beast, he can tell you how epic it was.

more_horiz
Current changes suggested to the banlist:
Delinquent Duo - Forbidden (YgoBeast)
Raigeki - Forbidden (Pep)
Poisonous Winds - Forbidden (Daneler)

Any thoughts for these cards?

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:
We are making the game very luck based in many ways. But we are also getting back the old days. Then, certain decks were better then others. And the idea of the RP is not like who will win. Bad guys or good guys. So your reference to mafia, doesn't really make *sense (:3). Villains are ultimately there, to be defeated. And if it is TOO hard from them to be defeated, people will get tired or bored. I'm saying there should be a well thought system. Some are easier, some are harder. And you will know if you are gonna challenge the big bad, you are gonna have to prepare for the duel of your life. 

The thing is...if ANY of us beats the badguy they are considered defeated(I think..?) so as I said earlier it's really not gonna end up taking long if they are too easy to beat...And also...no one said the last boss deck should be any easier to beat,heck I'm not actually vs them using banned cards :3
And also reconsidering this whole idea...I find a simple good guys vs bad guys not much of an RP...cause you see...it's gonna end up being a simple event in which you just have to find these shadow fellows online and duel them;it REALLY doesn't encourage any interaction between anyone...I do have some suggestions but wanna see if anyone's gonna say anything vs what I said 1st...

P.S I like your new Avi @CrimsonOverlord

I think there are several things that can be done.  For one, we don't have to do "good guy vs bad guy."  Instead, we can have multiple story points, which could include that as one of them, as well as others, such as a tournament, rivalries, or even classes at the academy.

Should we do a "good guy vs bad guy" scenario, despite popular belief, the hero doesn't have to win.  It shouldn't be easy to beat the villain, but it shouldn't be impossible, either.  In the event the villain wins, we would then split off to a separate storyline, which occurs in the aftermath.  The villain doesn't have to be causing a world-ending event.  It could just be a takeover of Duel Academy in an attempt to train an army of Shadow Duelists (or something).  In this event, the second storyline could be a retry to take the villain down from the inside.  This is, of course, just an example.

more_horiz
Why make a new banlist when you can just play by NEWGIOH rules. You can find those here:
NEWGIOH Rules :
Also, if you're trying to make everything balanced, unless you have defined balance so you know what you're looking for, why not just make everything overpowered.

OR (and this idea will save you a lot of pain and misery), go about balancing so that 8-10 decks are the only decks that can be used, but against each other, they all have equal match-ups AND have a lot of divercity. This is similar to how Super Smash Brothers Melee is a balanced game. You have 26 characters, but only 8-10 of them are competatively viable. But Melee is still a balanced game because those 8-10 characters are so diverse. To a point where you get so much out of just those 8 characters. And once you know what 8 decks you are going to revolve around, make the banlist so that 1 deck would have an equal matchup with the 7 other decks and etc for the rest of them.

Like for example, here are 8 decks that you could use as an example: ABCs, Nekroz, Shaddolls, Dragon Rulers, Spellbooks, PePe, Clownblade, and TELEDAD. My example list may have some flaws in it, but it's the idea what matters.

more_horiz
If we continue updating the current banlist:  Updated Banlist

Changes :

more_horiz
Ok can we do a simulation of academia invading the xyz dimension?

more_horiz
While storylines should be complicated and have interesting twists, the main goal is defeating the badie. We are only starting, so our REAL focus (If we are thinking of making it like seasons/years per month or something) should be developing our characters. This is why in first seasons of many shows are split in two: development/side-story arcs and main-story arcs. As I've said many times before, it is important to let the members run free for a while. Make rivalries between each other, duel, complete quests and interact. This is what it's gonna give it a unique look. Something that not many forum RPs have, if any. 

Generally speaking, from the testing I've done against diffrent decks using out banlist and highlander rule (which work really well) there are 2 real scenarios. 1: One deck is clearly faster and more consistent then the other, or 2: decks are incredibly balanced and it is all end to end. I think we are clearly going for the second one. 

Villains should be defeated. Let's say we get to the main antagonist and he defeats every single protagonist, apart from one and is on path to defeating the second one. What is gonna happen? The Roleplay is gonna end, because all the heroes were defeated? Well this seems very anticlimactic. No, we should either NOT allow a situation like that to occur, or have the villains to purposely lose, for advancing the plot. 

Of course what Dan said as a posible scenario is totally something posible. But it is something we shouldn't do so quicly. At the end of the day, I don't think we are ever gonna get short on plots. 

more_horiz
I think the highlander rule balances things out considerably. Also lol raigeki got banned ;--;. Anyway why dont we host a test phase? We test how each others decks run and then determine which archetype is op even at 2.

P.s @pepchoninga i've had this avi for a week now >.< it's iv the guy who runs gimmick puppets

more_horiz
I didn't say shit about your stupid avi nigger Razz 

Also this might be a good idea, I dinno. I'm kinda not set on my deck tbh. It obviously toned down a lot by the highlander rule. Tho if everybody uses like those old school decks with some new school twists, maybe it will work. 

@DanelerH @faervel what do you think about this?

more_horiz
Oh shit faer did >.< lol well a tourney to help judge balance would help no? Anyway lets see what others say about this

more_horiz
I think a good deck judge will be enough. Let's say Dan. 

We don't want to make this a competition.

more_horiz
Dan thought his natura deck was balanced, you saw what that was lmao

more_horiz
You have a point. Then we will judge his deck, he will jufge ours Razz 

more_horiz
on the topic of the banlist can we talk about emergency teleport  and allure of darkness because thats the main engine for the deck I'm using 

also would D-HERO maicious be affected by the 'only two of every monster and one of every boss monster' rule

more_horiz
E-teleport unfortunately is a card that is very fast and also is used in some pretty strong meta decks. I think after the tests we did yesterday we can agree that it would be better if we stay as far from today's decks and as close as some more old school decks. You are free to use allure of darkness at 2, because I think it's not a card that will necessarily be too op, since it's only a +1 and sometimes it's a plus 1 at big costs.

Yes, Destiny-Hero Malicious is affected by the highlander rule, so the maximum amount you may use in your deck is 2. 

@username290

Last edited by Pepchoninga on Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Every single card, except for the ones that are limited or are boss monsters must be ran at 2. Boss monsters are to be ran at 1 only

more_horiz
great now my deck is almost as bad at this game as I am so thanks guys

more_horiz
Its really fun actually and duels are very close. Yesterday we had a 450 vs 600 lp duel lol.

more_horiz
Our decks are probably gonna be just as good as yours if not worse. So I think everything is gonna be balanced ^^

more_horiz
well, I post what I would be using in the deck valt so you can see for your self

more_horiz
Your deck is too op  Duel academy RPG!  - Page 5 1151057309

more_horiz
what are you talking about I MADE IT

more_horiz
I would love 2 take part in this Odd-Eyes Dragon Rulers Say no more.

more_horiz
That moment where the post you made was completely ignored.

But seriously, the way you are going about this, someone can make your life more difficult by finding more decks that you'll claim to be "OP"

more_horiz
No making everything op is just not fun. Most decks get pretty slow with the highlander rule as tested.

more_horiz
We will just advice members to use older school decks. Since we cannot ban all the decks and we cannot know if a deck is neccessarily op, we can only do that. If a deck turn out to be overpowered or being much better then everyone else's, it will be banned and the member will be required to make a new deck. 

more_horiz
To me, I'm having fun if I'm having a good duel where anyone can win it at any situation. This is what I'm encouraging by allowing 8 insert decks here. And making everything OP is a way easier method to balance things then the way you're going about it.

And eventually I can keep suggesting deck after deck and eventually, because I'm suggesting deck after deck and the decks I keep on proposing are getting banned, it just won't be fun having to be like "can I use this? No. What about this? No."

Want people to use older decks, go by NEWGIOH Rules.

more_horiz
I...actually really like Dazo's ideas on the decks for this...
Also if we going generation by generation...shouldn't our decks do the same? :3

more_horiz
Hell, even Goat Control Format would be fun.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply