Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Duel academy RPG!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+12
YgoBeast247
Necruta
YAMI MOTO#1
DanelerH
Booked
niney16
Alisae
Kangaroo-Jolty
username290
Pepchoninga
PowerNova
CrimsonOverlord
16 posters

descriptionDuel academy RPG!  EmptyDuel academy RPG!

more_horiz
So some of you remember the idea we once came up with. Our very own roleplay rpg consisting of dueling through various seasons of the ygo anime and such. Now i see people are still hype for this so i want to discuss what you guys would like to have and not have, so that i can work on this to give all a good experience. Discuss below!

descriptionDuel academy RPG!  EmptyRe: Duel academy RPG!

more_horiz
If a duel plays a vital role in this, how will you go about accurate recording so as to ensure rl events are noted properly?

Ideas for establishment of things in the RPG:
- Determine top student in each dorm through actual dorm tournaments / nomination
- Will current staff need to be staff in the RPG, and if not, how will you go about deciding who's who?
- Nominate Protagonist & Antagonist 
- Do things relative to irl (Fall will soon be upon us and Halloween for that matter so Spooky Boogie Nights Festival or some shit where some shit goes down son)

I honestly probably don't have to say any of this shit since its already known, but decided to contribute to the cause regardless. I might get involved in this

more_horiz
Well we thought of following the plot of gx first where 7 shadow duelists appear. So 7 members will be the shadow duelists. You have to do specific quests to challenge these bosses in order. Obv one will monitor all of this. All duelists that arent the villains are automatically the heroes that they create themselves . Also decks will be toned down so that we can get closer to an anime experience, im talking about highlander rules with cards being max at 2 of the same copies and boss monsters will only be at 1 copy. This slows duels down and doesnt ensure a fast otk format and gives every deck a fighting change. Meta is banned. 

Give suggestions as to what you would like to see in this, as this idea is for everyone to enjoy and participate. Btw after the gx plot is done we will continue with other villain arcs, also even if its gx era you can still use xyz and synchro summons im thinking, but if you dont want that we can remove that its no prob.

more_horiz
For me, a good idea would be for the staff to be main antagonists. You will monitor everything and in the end the member who got though the quests will duel you. Of course if the member does not sucseed in defeating the staff (shadow duelist for example), the next member that completes the needed quests will try there luck. 

At best a member could chose to be an anti-hero. While some member might like to be evil, if they are, it will be much harder to monitor the situation.

more_horiz
Thing is out of our staff only 4 people duel. We might take people who wanna be villains to fill in some roles. But for now discuss deck limitations and how you want it to be

more_horiz
Deck thinggy is simple enoug. 

Imo there should be 1 or 2 cards that you can have at 3 copies and the rest is 2 max. Your main boss monster will be limited to 1, as usually in the anime (mostly excluding the main protagonists) the goal of there deck was to summon there big beaters. 

more_horiz
If I get in on this, I'm game for being a shadow duelist if needed. Ofc if it comes down to just staff, then RIP

more_horiz
As i said only 4 staff duel at max or maybe even less so thats why we will take normal users as villains. Nova you need to be active for this once it starts

more_horiz
I really want to be in this, but the only working version of pro that i have is the stupid android version

could i maybe be some kinda sub character that doesn't really duel

more_horiz
Get it on compute lol...it's easy...

more_horiz
it's not how hard or easy it is, it's that my dad keeps uninstaling it

more_horiz
Lol why though. Anyway well if you want you can use a non dueling role, maybe a mentor or something?

more_horiz
ditto

more_horiz
yeah become a ditto!

more_horiz
I feel like this would actually get me RPing again as long as people didn't post with fluff, and that fluff causes me to have to read 15 pages, which some of those pages may or may not contain plot, so I risk missing something.

more_horiz
I want to be a villain in the game.

more_horiz
I would suggest you don't play...

@niney16

more_horiz
Villains will only be the best duelists we have. We cant risk having team rocket villains now can we?

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Villains will only be the best duelists we have. We cant risk having team rocket villains now can we?

The 4 staffs must need to play more than 1 role then or you re-open the topic in staff and actually see what we say.

more_horiz
Crimson, can I be the hero of the game then?

more_horiz
Everyone will work together towards the goal of beating the bad guys. So you are auto hero basically.

more_horiz
I'm with Pep on this.  I don't think Niney should be allowed to play.  Remember the last Mafia game?  Niney did absolutely nothing.  She made, at most, 10 posts and never performed a Night action, despite knowing how the Sheriff role worked.  Niney, don't join a game that you have no intention of playing.  You don't even duel, anyways, which is mainly what this would consist of.

more_horiz
There is no reason why you (the staff) can't be multiple antagonist. At the end of the day, your only real goal as an active player will be dueling us. 

Niney, I also suggest that you di not participate in this event. You do not have a dueling system and as seen in your activity in events you don't seem to do your job roles. 

more_horiz
No fair.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Lol why though. Anyway well if you want you can use a non dueling role, maybe a mentor or something?not really up 

not really up for being a mentor. how about just that guy who makes dumb comments and doesn't do anything important (until I get YGOpro)

more_horiz
If that is what you want. Anyway i wanna hear more people's opinion on this, what to add,what to not etc etc

more_horiz
username290 wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Lol why though. Anyway well if you want you can use a non dueling role, maybe a mentor or something?not really up 

not really up for being a mentor. how about just that guy who makes dumb comments and doesn't do anything important (until I get YGOpro)

lul...
@username290
erm...crimson i duel however i am still trying to get ygopro on meh computer..i know how to but meh computer is  being stupid/hates meh!!
anyway....can there be roles for duelists who can't duel yet? 
ie: a student or successor or maybe something like that??
im probably going to send someone to buy meh a new computer!!!!!
im just wondering if there's a role where i can participate and hopefully learn and jump in when ready?
and...i haven't thought of any   thoughts of adding/subtracting stuff....i can let you know if i think of anything ....
@crimson
anyway..
im out
later yarimans.

Last edited by YAMI MOTO#1 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : meh)

more_horiz
Tbh, this would be ruining the experience. A Roleplay must have some plot to follow. Or at least an idea. Since this is a Yugimons Roleplay, the plot/idea will follow stuff that happened on the Yu-Gi-Oh anime, or anything else DUEL related that the staff members come out with. 

Playing a character that doesn't duel, or doesn't contribute to the Roleplay in any way is pointless. This will only make the experience less fun for both the active players (That WILL duel) and the members that don't have access to the needed dueling platform.

@YAMI MOTO#1 @username290

more_horiz
Well i wonder how they would contribute to it tbh. This is mostly dueling so

more_horiz
Exactly my point. 

Now I have a question. While this would be better left for a surprise I would like to hear what are your ideas for quests/objectives that eill move the Roleplay forward, so maybe we can give our feedbacks and ideas.

@CrimsonOverlord

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply