Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

The unofficial "NEW" banlist september 2013

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+35
Placido Le Pwnzor
Lever10
merik300
BliTz
Skitoritto
Efane
Naito Raizu
Jin Kazama
Anzo
tavo
Heatnix
Typical Jew™
Eheroduelist
Linda-Senpai
Fwar
Luxray
Bubbles
VoxPopulii
ALu
TDS
Diamond
Gremlin
Slonaka
! High Dutchman Gianus
Train Heartnet
Alikaey
Whatup Nab
FluffyTots
L.Lawliet
onlyaaron17
BlackWarGreymon
JudgmentDuelist
Jue Viole Grace
Gustavo
The_Dutch_Prince
39 posters

descriptionThe unofficial "NEW" banlist september 2013 - Page 2 EmptyThe unofficial "NEW" banlist september 2013

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

This list seems decent and weird, but meh Konami has done some weird stuff in the past so meh...lol

I have not been the last 2-3 formats so in all honesty I do not know if this would be a decent list or if the cards on this list are needed at that spot except for the dragons I guess, seeing they are OP.

Anyway my source for this list is:Banlist at POJO

Newly Forbidden:
Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks (炎征竜-バーナー)
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts (風征竜-ライトニング)
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles (地征竜-リアクタン)
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets (水征竜-ストリーム)
Spellbook of Judgment (魔導書の神判)

Newly Limited:
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Rooster (立炎星-トウケイ)
Genex Ally Birdman (A・ジェネクス・バードマン)
Mermail Abyssteus (水精鱗-ディニクアビス)
Wind-Up Shark (ゼンマイシャーク)
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (氷結界の龍 トリシューラ)
Number 11: Big Eye (No.11 ビッグ・アイ)
Divine Wind of Mist Valley (霞の谷の神風)
Super Rejuvenation (超再生能力)
Abyss-sphere (アビスフィアー)

Newly Semi-Limited:
Gladiator Beast Bestiari (剣闘獣ベストロウリィ)
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (冥府の使者ゴーズ)
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole (N・グラン・モール)
Black Whirlwind (黒い旋風)

Newly Unlimited:
Tsukuyomi (月読命)
Wind-Up Magician (ゼンマイマジシャン)
Advanced Ritual Art (高等儀式術)
E – Emergency Call (E-エマージェンシーコール)
Pot of Duality (強欲で謙虚な壺)
Scapegoat (スケープ・ゴート)
Mirror Force (聖なるバリア-ミラーフォース-)

Enjoy!!

descriptionThe unofficial "NEW" banlist september 2013 - Page 2 EmptyRe: The unofficial "NEW" banlist september 2013

more_horiz
One question I have is why put E-Call to 2 one format, then raise it back to 3 the next?

And who would've seen 3rd Mirror Force coming?

descriptionThe unofficial "NEW" banlist september 2013 - Page 2 EmptyRe: The unofficial "NEW" banlist september 2013

more_horiz
Alikaey wrote:
pure_wiN wrote:
Luxray wrote:
One thing that's been bugging me though, is how scapegoat sorta jumped from 1 to 3....has that happened before?
Yes. Tsuk also jumped from 1 to 3. And so did Reasoning.
He means in 1 banlist. Scapegoat 1 > 3. Tsuku and Reasoning went from 1 > 2 > 3.

Yeah, that's what I meant, guess I wasn't clear enough

more_horiz
3 mirror force and 3 d prison and 2 TT and 3 compuls is gonna be a huge pain to put up with

more_horiz
^We have heavy, trap stun and Starlight Road that seem to see a lot more play lately

more_horiz
Comfirmed for those that have doubted Ruby's sources 1 week ago...

OP needs to edit in Chaos Sorcerer and Fire Formation Tenki to the Semi-Limited, and Reasoning to Unlimited

more_horiz
dammit i wanted ruby nudes

more_horiz
I'm happy to see the newly forbidden and E-Emergency at 3.

Scapegoats though... scapegoats everywhere...

more_horiz
Hope this list is not legit im fine with everything, but spellbook of judgement without it spellbooks are dead. Wouldn't mind if they semi limited it or hit the searchers, spend so much buying judgement dont want to see it go, sadly this sounds like something Konami would do. On the bright side heroes might make a comeback.

more_horiz
tavo wrote:
Hope this list is not legit im fine with everything, but spellbook of judgement without it spellbooks are dead. Wouldn't mind if they semi limited it or hit the searchers, spend so much buying judgement dont want to see it go, sadly this sounds like something Konami would do. On the bright side heroes might make a comeback.
Not just heroes, every deck will have a chance to come back lel.
But the high tier 1 as it looks right now is most certainly Mermails, Bujins, Verz and Gadgets (2 bloody gorz, veiler + 2 gadgets = trish).

more_horiz
Okay, let me tell you what is false about your argumentation.

1. A deck that already has immense searching power and versatility is not simply dead after one best searching card is banned; they have A LOT of support with A LOT of utility cards to shut dowj other decks. True, they will not be played like before and they will probably not be Top Tier Meta again, but they are FAR from being dead as deck itself. They just slowed down an already ridiculous searching power.

2. If you already know that you spent so much money on buying a piece of cardboard which is, considering the area of utility it is in where that said piece of cardboard is worth quite some money, then please stop building up your argumentation on the fact that you only don't want to see the card banned because you own the card.

3. Judgment IS degenerate in its card design and as such it deserved to be banned - I even called for an emergency ban just ONE DAY after I saw the card being released in Japan. If you want to argue it isn't broken or degenerate, well, activate it and make +8 in one round while still having 6 cards on the field. And you call that unworthy of a ban?

Yeah, no.
That's all~

more_horiz
Pff

Diva summons marksman, marksman attacks then summons dragoon, and trishula is summoned in m2
e

more_horiz
Yah in the next format ill be using Mermails all the time but I wont lie trish back to 1 is making me so happy all I need is brio and my ice barriers will be backk to D: anyway imo the new meta's gonna be

Verz,Mermails,DW and well maybe fire fists even if rooster got hit Spirit is still at 3 and that thing will just keep getting revived.

more_horiz
^My bubble drain is gonna disagree with that as for DW it might be certain because Card Destruction had to be hit, which it did not. And I do not understand why they did not hit diva when they are bringing Trishula to 1, yes the card is really good but what makes it broken are the easy ways to bring it out. Mermailshits have that covered quite well even though the deck dies to the Drain cards.

more_horiz
But yeah the only real Meta in my eyes is Anti-Meta lol

more_horiz
TDSillian wrote:
But yeah the only real Meta in my eyes is Anti-Meta lol

Dude, you run mermails.

more_horiz
So my favorite card is coming back, Trishula! And of course not forgetting the double Gorz. If I'm not mistaken Chaos Dragons are coming back to the scene and perhaps mixed with whatever is left from Elemental Dragons into one combo. And i wouldn't be surprised to see Trishula combos alongside as well with Frogs.

The interesting thing is WU Shark and Magician. With Magician at 3 WU are certainly coming to the scene again even if Shark is at 1. There is just so many combos still playable and can compete with meta if played correctly. We all remember how some people called WU an auto-pilot deck while the fact it was a strategical deck and requires someone with brain and a plan to run it properly. If this is the actually ban list i might actually come back to this game.

more_horiz
As a word of warning, because Konami has indicated that the banlist is unveiled on the 21st, there MAY be a discrepancy on the banlist for TCG. Not sure how likely, but would they really kill Rooster to 1 and Spellbook of Judgment after it just came out?

more_horiz
Let's think about it, it's not impossible. A format or two ago there has been at least 5 to 8 decks playable in tournaments and are able to compete with each other. However, in the last format, everyone has been running E Dragons and Spellbooks, and rarely see a Mermails deck lurking around but hardly doing anything. That's a collapse in my opinion, the purpose of this game is variety, if they want to keep that, they need some essential changes.

more_horiz
I agree with you there; I'm just saying that from a business standpoint if you kill off your two biggest money cards in the most recent sets you absolutely lose out on profits.

Also see the tins that they're making for the Dragon Rulers.

more_horiz
They did the same a format before they released the E dragons and spellbooks. They're probably preparing for some kind of a new kickass arch-types.

more_horiz
^Well they are releasing the Vampire and Vampire Hunters archetypes.

more_horiz
i dont get why people are acting like spellbook judgment and e-drags are new to the tcg. They wrecked long enough. Too long.

more_horiz
pure_wiN wrote:
i dont get why people are acting like spellbook judgment and e-drags are new to the tcg. They wrecked long enough. Too long.

Plus they did a lot of damage in the OCG as well. Anyway, those 2 decks deserve to be destroyed by the banlist. Tachy was a bad set, full of retarded sh*t... And by the looks of things, we'll pretend like it didn't happen.

more_horiz
Tachy made history. Only set to ever have five cards from it go from 3 to 0 in just one format.

more_horiz
I wonder how Gladiator Beasts will do in the upcoming format with Bestiari at two.

Mirror Force and Compulsory will be a pain in the ass to deal with, but maybe the deck can do well. So I guess it's time to start testing them again.

This list is pretty good. Don't like Reactan going down, but that's just because of my Gigavise deck.

more_horiz
^Blackwings are back as well with 2 Whirlwinds

more_horiz
pure_wiN wrote:
Tachy made history. Only set to ever have five cards from it go from 3 to 0 in just one format.
"One format". We have cards that were legal for a "single" event, that got E-banned after that one event. The only thing Tachy did was help bad players win games they shouldn't.

more_horiz
looks like gbs will do more secutor plays... access to 2 s/t pop into chidori or gyzarus into another gyzarus if kinda scary))

im way more interested in how the doppel synchro will do, since some of the new synchros seems to have uses, +trishula kinda solves alot of problems plants had. Sadly, still cant made a proper plant deck to utilize rose archer :'(

more_horiz
-Forbidden-
Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks (炎征竜-バーナー)
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts (風征竜-ライトニング)
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles (地征竜-リアクタン)
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets (水征竜-ストリーム)
  End of Dragon Rulers , best way to kill them .
Spellbook of Judgment (魔導書の神判)
And prophecy is broke no more :D.
 -Limited-
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Rooster (立炎星-トウケイ)
Fire Fist Axis 3 just become slower than Fire Fist Axis 4 Smile.
Genex Ally Birdman (A・ジェネクス・バードマン)
Divine Wind of Mist Valley (霞の谷の神風)
-Insert troll face here-
Wind-Up Shark (ゼンマイシャーク)
Now this is the end of Wind-Up , what is next Inzektor Centipede Limited ?
Abyss-sphere (アビスフィアー)
Mermail Abyssteus (水精鱗-ディニクアビス)
Mermail is still broken , wrong cards KONAMI......
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (氷結界の龍 トリシューラ)
Blackwing and Infernity needed this to get crazy again...
Super Rejuvenation (超再生能力)
Number 11: Big Eye (No.11 ビッグ・アイ)
Unnecessary since Mini-Rulers are forbidden.....
 -Semi-Limited-
Gladiator Beast Bestiari (剣闘獣ベストロウリィ)
Destructive Gladiators i like it :D.
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (冥府の使者ゴーズ)
Oh god , plants >.>
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole (N・グラン・モール)
Rock Stun ? Anyone ?
Black Whirlwind (黒い旋風)
Blackwings rise !!!
-Unlimited-
Tsukuyomi (月読命)
Scapegoat (スケープ・ゴート)
Welcome to the era of Plasma Control..
Wind-Up Magician (ゼンマイマジシャン)
Since shark is out this become useless.....
E – Emergency Call (E-エマージェンシーコール)
More search for heroes :D.
Pot of Duality (強欲で謙虚な壺)
Bujins gonna love it....
Mirror Force (聖なるバリア-ミラーフォース-)
No comment.....
Advanced Ritual Art (高等儀式術)
This should be banned , not unlimited ! You Hig KONAMI ?

My rate 9.2/10
KONAMI made some bad and useless chooses....

more_horiz
Return of the mighty trishula, double Gorz, trip goats and Adv ritual Art among all the other cool stuff

we're going to have some really fun decks this format :D

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply