Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

My Personal Tier List

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+7
isetrh
Sly
Alikaey
Azure King
Exiled
mimgrim
Yami Marik
11 posters

descriptionMy Personal Tier List EmptyMy Personal Tier List

more_horiz
Updated:

Tier 1
Dino-Rabbit
Wind-up
Inzektor
Hero

Tier 1.5

chaos piper
Gladiator Beasts
T.G Stun
Six Samurai
Grave Keepers
Chaos Dragon
Dark Worlds

Tier 2

Agent
x-saber
Karakuris
light sworn
chain burn
Gadget/Machina
Watt Deck

Tier 3

Black wings
Naturia
Monarch frogs
Lancer frogs
Dragunity
Ice Barrier
Gusto

Last edited by Jack Spicer on Wed May 23, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 4 times in total

descriptionMy Personal Tier List EmptyRe: My Personal Tier List

more_horiz
GB are tier 1.5 .

I mean that.

EDIT: Oh, and heroes are 100% tier 1, no doubt.

more_horiz
this list is so effing bad its un-real and so dissapointing

watts would be tier 2 at most but they should e\be at tier 3 actually, gadgets should be a tier 2

agent, t.g. stun, chaos piper, gravekeepers, six sam, DWs, hero, dragunity, should be tier 1.5 :/

gustos have the potential to be 1.5 but not many people use them so tier 2 would be better

GBs should be at tier 1.5

x-saber, lightsworn, BWs, karakuris, should be tier 2 :/

and so much stuff you left out ._.

more_horiz
Updated:

Tier 1
Dino-Rabbit
Wind-up
Inzektor
Hero

Tier 1.5

chaos piper
Gladiator Beasts
T.G Stun
Six Samurai
Grave Keepers
Chaos Dragon
Dark Worlds

Tier 2

Agent
x-saber
Karakuris
light sworn
chain burn
Gadget/Machina
Watt Deck

Tier 3

Black wings
Naturia
Monarch frogs
Lancer frogs
Dragunity
Ice Barrier
Gusto

more_horiz
Chaos Dragons are Tier 1

more_horiz
there is no such thing as tiers in yugioh...

more_horiz
They are a player made system to describe the meta game in its current state, so, while they may not be official, they are universally recognised

more_horiz
but there is NO way to make tiers in an ever changing game... say CB took the next YCS what would that make them?

more_horiz
They wouldn't move, a deck has to consistently perform at a certain level to be put into a certain tier, and you can make tiers based on formats, no one said they last forever

more_horiz
why do ppl feel like they need to make their own topic to post there tier list. why dont someone make just one topic for this.

more_horiz
Leon Genesis wrote:
but there is NO way to make tiers in an ever changing game... say CB took the next YCS what would that make them?

You be dissing my CB's!? ::Monkey7::

more_horiz
It's based on what tier the deck types are in the current format. Nothing more, nothing less. A pure CB deck wouldn't win a YCS anyway. Try to understand that.

more_horiz
and you are wrong with tiers based on formats. the so called tier system is only a system of what is "popular" and "what everyone is using so i'll use it too"
that is the only way for them to top in such quantity
and if you haven't read yet... give it a read. and if you say it's too long then you are just lazy and refuse to learn

and no... i actually like CB

“Tier 1”
Speaking of killing your ability to innovate, the whole concept of a tier system in Yu-Gi-Oh! may be the worst contributor to that problem. Let's be clear: there's absolutely no tier system for rating decks in this game. And yet, a huge chunk of the Dueling population talks about tiers all the time. Why is that poor? Let's compare the following statements:

-“Dino Rabbit has won three recent YCS tournaments.”
-“Dino Rabbit is Tier 1.”

Do me a favor: tell me which of the above statements communicates actual information, and which one makes reference to a vague, fairytale numeric system with no definition, meaning, or value.

...Good job. I'm glad you got that one right. Let's try another.

-“Dino Rabbit, Wind-Ups, Inzektors, and Chaos Dragons are popular right now amongst competitive tournament players.”
-“Dino Rabbit, Wind-Ups, Inzektors, and Chaos Dragons are Tier 1.”

See a pattern developing? Again, the first of these statements communicates actual ideas, while the second one communicates nothing. How about this one?

-“Gravekeepers could have competitive potential, but they haven't been successful yet in a Championship-level tournament in this format.”
-“Gravekeepers are Tier 2.”

Again, one of these statements expresses coherent thoughts. The other one doesn't. But unlike our first two examples, there's something sinister going on this time around. Here, the first statement suggests that while Gravekeepers haven't been competitively proven in the current format yet, the possibility that they could be competitive isn't ruled out. The “Tier 2” statement is different: it just slaps a negative label on a deck that could be a winner, but hasn't won yet. It literally says absolutely nothing except, “This deck isn't Tier 1.” That implies it's not even worth playing in the first place, because why would you play an inferior strategy?

The use of a tier system, and related terminology, is the enemy of innovation. The whole concept just exists to crap on decks that haven't won yet. And then, when those “lower tier” decks do win? Everybody turns around and suddenly acts as if they're magically “Tier 1” now. Well... Sometimes they do. Other times, alot of people just go on bashing the deck anyways.

I really doubt Peter Gross looked at Chaos Dragons before YCS Toulouse, and thought, “This deck is clearly Tier 2. I'm going to play it regardless.” Michael Balan didn't look at Dark World before Long Beach, and proceed to tell all his friends, “I've decided to play an inferior deck. I believe in a numerical system that defines it as being worse than Dino Rabbit.” Truly great players don't view the game in those kinds of terms. At least not while they're winning.

If the potential damage these terms can cause you as a player isn't enough to get you to stop using them, how about the fact that tiers aren't defined at all? This is literally an arbitrary system, with no agreed-upon definitions whatsoever. How many YCS tournaments does a deck have to win in order for it to officially be Tier 1? Two tournaments? One tournament? Any? What percentage of the field does a deck have to occupy, or how many tops does it need to accrue, to be Tier 2? And what tournaments should contribute to that running count? Better yet, what is this hilarious garbage about “Tier 1.5” and “Tier 2.5”. Really? Do we really need to make an imaginary system – one that's both pointless and irrational – even more complicated by adding decimals? And even if we could suggest a standardized tier system, would anybody agree on it anyway?

As fun as it is to ask those Questions, the reality is that they don't matter. The only Question that should concern you is this: does the use of a tier system help you become a better player? And the answer to that is a resounding “Hell no.” If you want to talk about a deck's track record in major events, talk about the deck's track record in major events. If you happen to know what percentage of the field it occupied at a tournament, talk about that. Talk about tops, and potential, and possible interactions, both negative and positive with other decks.

Just don't talk about tiers, because doing so is completely useless. It literally doesn't mean anything.

more_horiz
If you don't like the tier system, then fine. The tier system isn't something that everyone should dig. There's really nothing to discuss about it people. And I've read that whole article before so I know what it says.

more_horiz
Sly wrote:
It's based on what tier the deck types are in the current format. Nothing more, nothing less. A pure CB deck wouldn't win a YCS anyway. Try to understand that.

Just you wait... I will win a YCS with a pure CB deck...

As for the tier thingy, it's just something players made to show what is currently strongest in the meta or some other whatnot. To some it may not really mean anything at all but to others, it tells them what's what... get it? No?

To me, the tier was just made by some guy with OCD and wants to organise everything. Quite helpful if you ask me.

more_horiz
there is a system that is better than the tier system... it's called competitive or non-competitive
it's either made for tournaments or not

more_horiz
Leon Genesis wrote:
and you are wrong with tiers based on formats. the so called tier system is only a system of what is "popular" and "what everyone is using so i'll use it too"
that is the only way for them to top in such quantity

They top because they are strongest decks in the format, that is why they are considered Tier 1. Also, tier 2 doesn't mean a deck is bad. You seem to think tiers only say if the deck is good, bad, terrible, but really, they tell you how far a deck is from becoming Tier 1 or "Meta".

Saying GK's are Tier 2 isn't not saying they are a bad deck. It is saying they are almost there, a good build and a good player could very well beat some of the top tier decks. But saying GK's are tier 2 in this format isn't even true anyway.

more_horiz
but as it says in the article "tier 2" is just a negative stamp and i completely agree with that logic and no... they top because the tournaments are over run with them... if there was only 2 or 3 in a tournament they wouldn't even top

more_horiz
I would put my money on 4 Rabbit Decks beating a field of 100 Crystal Beast decks anyday

more_horiz
I really don't think Watts are Tier 2. Sure, they have Hopper-Lock and can sometimes take down a slow deck, but most of the time they just get overpowered by the opponent even if a good player is using them, and I've never heard of them topping any major tournament.

more_horiz
Sho Minamimoto wrote:
there is no such thing as tiers in yugioh...

Tiers are human constructs. Like 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9...
Point is, Tiers are. Deal with it.

more_horiz
blackwings are higher for sure and chaos drags are tier 1, i mean they just won a ycs that means something, wind-ups aren't 1 imo

more_horiz
Tiers hmm: At times they make me wonder, because it also depends on who knows how to handle a certain deck and what their build is or the cards they include. Do you guys agree?

more_horiz
Jack Spicer wrote:
Updated:

Tier 1
Dino-Rabbit
Wind-up
Inzektor
Hero

Tier 1.5

chaos piper
Gladiator Beasts
T.G Stun
Six Samurai
Grave Keepers
Chaos Dragon
Dark Worlds

Tier 2

Agent
x-saber
Karakuris
light sworn
chain burn
Gadget/Machina
Watt Deck

Tier 3

Black wings
Naturia
Monarch frogs
Lancer frogs
Dragunity
Ice Barrier
Gusto

I honestly don't think HEROes in general are tier 1, I'd more so put my money on certain HERO variants being Tier 1. Probably a tad biased but hey, my Hero deck is far from unbeatable.

That, and they get owned more often than not by the rest of Tier 1 list. Razz

germanfan23 wrote:
blackwings are higher for sure and chaos drags are tier 1, i mean they just won a ycs that means something, wind-ups aren't 1 imo

I personally don't see the Blackwings being really high up on the tier list. They can be good, but I haven't seen a great Blackwing deck go up against anything high-up tierwise and come out on top.

Jack Spicer wrote:
Tiers hmm: At times they make me wonder, because it also depends on who knows how to handle a certain deck and what their build is or the cards they include. Do you guys agree?

More times than not people know how to run the deck. Some run it better than others sure, but it is easily assumed that the player will make the best possible decision at any given moment.

Downranking a deck purely on the basis of the possibility that the player is a total moron isn't that fair.

more_horiz
1: Ignore Sho.

2: Guys stop saying decks that are never seem in the top 32 of YCS are tier.

Tier 1:
Chaos Dragons, Dino Rabbit
Tier 1.5: Inzektors, Wind-Up, Darkworld
Tier 2: Bubblebeat, Chain Burn, and maybe T.G. Stun

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply