Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Caring for Your Monsters

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+20
deadpool007
EvenAngels
Nottu
Fefe2931995
Azure King
Nightmare5019
isetrh
Alikaey
Rashaden
bombboy1252
Rhonder
jed5150
Jaden_Yuki--
Tragedy
Atheridis
Eheroduelist
mimgrim
Harbinger
The STorM
3raser
24 posters

descriptionCaring for Your Monsters EmptyCaring for Your Monsters

more_horiz
So, Since I joined Dueling Network the only thing I've seen with (very few exceptions) is people building a deck to win and then ditch it the moment it's hit by the banlist or the moment an even more powerful deck comes out.

"What happened to all those Six Sam players?" "Playing Inzektor now" "oh ok."

My question is, does anybody here actually play decks because you like the monsters,the designs, the art, the way they play, to mirror X character you loved from the anime? Do you like the monsters you chose to build?

Or do you just take a deck to win and then move on to the next one?

In my case I've been player a weird Spellcaster deck I built when I was 12, its a bit slow but I love it, after a while I built HERO beatdown and Photons, and no matter what happens I think I will keep playing with these 3 decks even if I lose often.Because I love the card designs for them and have a kind of care for those monsters.

What do you think?

descriptionCaring for Your Monsters EmptyRe: Caring for Your Monsters

more_horiz
Nice Speech , OFC Many Players Now Are Playing Just To Win
Myself I Am Playing For Win
But The ONly Problem Now That All Are Making Same Decks Rolling Eyes
Much Players Has A Mind To Think For A New Deck Sad

more_horiz
Yes, but at this point, players have the creativity sucked out of them so they won't make new decks.

more_horiz
"What happened to all those Six Sam players?" "Playing Inzektor now" "oh ok."

Ew I'll never play pure inzekts.
Sacking Decks > Inzekts.

more_horiz
Dead thread? I was trying to contribute.

more_horiz
mesh i dont have a inzektor deck me i just take dragunities to the next level XD i have discavered soem awsome tech cards for them and have a bunch of different deck of that archetype alone ._. but eh never played inzektors/sams/new wind-up decks (have a serisouly out dated one i built before loop came out XD) i do have a agent deck but its not chaos agents (my agent deck on DN for main deck mirros my agent deck in RL and tourbus is way to expensive ._.)

but yea i think i will always use dragunities they need mroe lvoe as to many people underestimate them >_<

more_horiz
I personally hate it when people play only to win Razz

I play wiht the Elemental Heroes because they're my favorite cards, I've played with them for years.
In fact, I find it sad that people find it surprising that I've kept with the Eheroes for as long as I have .-.

more_horiz
I have a water deck and a red-eyes deck used to be my faves till i saw this awsome quasar deck (some of u may guess where i saw it) I use it now its powerfull but i really like it i like the art of quasar i like the synchros all the trolling of the special summoning and best of all when i summon quasar during my first turn .This is what dueling shoudl be about not some lame inzekts or wind-up (zenmaines) that poeple use and half of them are noobs they see a deck thats winning they use it and not even correctly they still win cuz its powerfull but i dueled some of them (having 1000+ rating) and they made some BIG mistakes I was saying OMG how the **** he has so much rating?

more_horiz
*cough*now just move that pointer over the plus button next to my post...*cough*

more_horiz
Atheridis wrote:
I have a water deck and a red-eyes deck used to be my faves till i saw this awsome quasar deck (some of u may guess where i saw it) I use it now its powerfull but i really like it i like the art of quasar i like the synchros all the trolling of the special summoning and best of all when i summon quasar during my first turn .This is what dueling shoudl be about not some lame inzekts or wind-up (zenmaines) that poeple use and half of them are noobs they see a deck thats winning they use it and not even correctly they still win cuz its powerfull but i dueled some of them (having 1000+ rating) and they made some BIG mistakes I was saying OMG how the **** he has so much rating?

To simplify, because I thoroughly agree here:
Noobs see Inzekts and Wind-up loop, and play it just cause it wins.
Noobs=crap moves=lose
crap moves + meta deck build=nullified
Noobs + netdecked meta deck build= win

its like WTF bro.
Reminds me of Six sams >_>

more_horiz
heh for some reason the + and - button dont appear for me but i probably woundt press it at all now doe to the fact that you asked for it Razz

more_horiz
I hate you, mimgrim.

more_horiz
meh the feeling is mutual :/

more_horiz
Spellcasters is one of my favorite decks. Pretty much, I screw around with it to make it awesome. Pretty much why I have Chaos Sorcerer in most Chaos decks I make. :d

more_horiz
Caring for Your Monsters 2896007000
mimgrim wrote:
meh the feeling is mutual :/

more_horiz
^ you sir confuse me ._.

when i said the feeling is mutual i ment the feeling is mutual among other people hating me :/ not that i hate you back XD XD XD

more_horiz
I'm always sticking with heros. but that doesn't mean i'm not in to win it! It just takes a little more work to build a good deck out of something not many people consider "teir 1" and yet some how it's able to beat tier 1 decks? People give me funny looks all the time when i say i play neo spacains and heroes then they duel the deck and they're like "Whoa man not half bad props" So to any one who is discouraged over the way the game works now a days just stick to your deck and work on it until... well it works xD

more_horiz
In real life, I will always stick to my E-Hero deck, but here, I learned that it was practically useless in today's meta decks. After countless losses, I ditched my heroes and started a meta deck, and here I am.

more_horiz
^ Why I hate a lot of dueling.
It's sad when you have to ditch the cards you love to be successful in winning a duel, and sadder when you have to duel with a deck you hate just to win.

I personally wouldn't touch Exodia/Inzekts/Windups with a 10 foot pole.

more_horiz
jed5150 wrote:
In real life, I will always stick to my E-Hero deck, but here, I learned that it was practically useless in today's meta decks. After countless losses, I ditched my heroes and started a meta deck, and here I am.

I'm not sure what you're talking about heroes are awesome! They can definitively compete with todays meta you just gotta work at it a bit more.

more_horiz
I once ran a hero deck that almost never lost. Not to mention rainbow Neos.

more_horiz
meh the way jaden is with heros is the way im with dragunities XD

more_horiz
I realize this topics a tad old, but it's still on the front page so meh, here goes anyways.

I can totally relate to this :3 When I first started (briefly) collecting yugioh, I was just entering middle school, which was around '07 when GX was on TV. Even though I didn't really get yugioh, I always thought that Jaden was awesome and that the Elemental Heroes seemed to do pretty good, so for the whole time that I collected/played my friend I would try to use them. I wasn't into it very long, however, and therefore never collected very many, and mostly just had a generic Warrior deck (At the time, I had purchased the structure deck with Gilford the Legend in it~).

Shoot forward several years to a few months ago and my friends got me back into this game. Of course I was completely new to the concept of synchros and stuff, but they were easily explained. I wanted to find the box that I had thrown all of my cards into to use them again and play with my friends, but unfortunately I couldn't find them, and so had to use their cards. So that got me up to date with the game, but after I finally did find my cards, I was super excited. I really only had a few heroes, Avian, Clayman, Sparkman, Mudballman, then some support like spark blaster, skyscraper, and wroghtweiler but I just incorporated them into my new decks that i made. I then discovered DN and was able to make a pretty good deck on there :3 and discovered the OmniHeroes and Masked Heroes, which was really cool. So far my hero related extra deck looks something like... Flame Wingman x2, Gaia, Absolute Zero, the Shining, and a few others I can't really use, Mudballman, Electrum x2 (Ra Yellow packs x_x), and Acid (I can only use him so far if I have either Abs Zero or Ice Edge on the field... I only have 1 of each, plus 1 copy of Mask Change x_x). Soon I'll be getting some other stuff that I ordered though.

Overall, on topic, I use the Heroes because I think they're cool, even if they're not super powerful :3 Another group of monsters that i really like are the Familiar-Possessed/Charmers, but that's another story. I'm also fond of Wind Ups (design wise, anyways) though I didn't know they were Tier 1 when I first saw them (before I actually looked into competitive stuff) so yeahh

more_horiz
I would never.....ever drop my blackwings. I just started playing again a few months ago, saw blackwings and fell in love with the artwork, the swarming, vayu's effect, and most importantly....GALE! Gale is my favorite card, ever....

more_horiz
I definately understand how everyone here feels... I'm a little different in the fact that I don't run certain decks the way everyone else does... I have to admit my favorite deck is the Gravekeeper's and I've been using them since they were released. I do build other decks (Wind-up) but I don't understand some of the tactics that everyone else uses... (I don't know Wind-Up Loop) I build some of the newer themes cuz they look fun and I like to challange myself by having to learn a new deck and new strategies. Gravekeeper's will always be my favorites though.

Long live the Gravekeeper's!!!

more_horiz
No matter what happens, I will always keep my Crystal Beasts... And kill metas with them ::Monkey14::

I believe people who play to win are most likely low on self esteem in the real world. No offence to anyone in particular. With the meta, I like to use the cards and play around with the tactics but I never duel to win because that's not fun. <- This is over-ruled if I am in a tournament and the prize is something I want, in which case I will obliterate all who get in my way. ::Monkey65::

As for fun play, everyone should play for fun hence the name "Trading Card GAME".

I play CB's because I like Johan(Jesse) and his somewhat camp character, the awesome artwork on CB's (Topaz is so cute!! ::Monkey36:Smile, unique play style and it's a great archetype with a variation of cards. (Made a deck with every CB/Rainbow card available).

more_horiz
I don't necessarily choose what deck to make based entirely on what's meta, but in terms of individual cards I'm fairly pragmatic. Though I have some favorites, I don't really have loyalty to any particular cards. Decks fall out of my favor if they get too weak, because I find losing all the time really discouraging and I'm too much of a noob to figure out how to win with "weak" cards. I had a Relinquished deck for a while, and it was pretty fun, but I ultimately stopped using it when Glow-Up Bulb got banned. I like to find different decks to use besides just the meta, and try to make a build that's just as good as the meta, but if it gets too weak, I'll get a little sad about it, then abandon it for good. I'm not going to use a deck that doesn't win.

Points for honesty?

Also, it seems like most people are assuming you can only run a deck because you like it if it isn't meta. For a while I primarily ran Dark Worlds only because I thought they were fun. The only reason I stopped is because my friends started hating me for it.

more_horiz
I've always hated losing, it's the point of the game not to, obviously it sucks, but I'd never abandon my heroes nor my build (no matter how much trolling I get from Lethal & N) just to win.
I don't mind playing meta users if they use it because they've loved it since before it was broken as hell (excludes Inzektors, they've always been broken) like Wind-ups, but people don't tend to differentiate duelists who actually love their decks and meta bandwagoners that'll ditch the deck next format when they get hit hard.
It's a sad process to watch, but it's inevitable because of sad pathetic noobs who feed their groundless ego off of meaningless Internet wins record that gets refreshed every format.

more_horiz
My main deck for two years was stardust assault, loved and still do love that deck, over the two years i played with the deck list and modified it to make it good enough that i placed 20(something) outa 80(ish) at regional tourny (my first time there to so I was happy!) back in Feb. this year. I would of placed higher, but due to that damn inzektor player, runesharking me on everything (even though i wasent doing anything wrong (time stalling)) i got a draw not a win and I would of placed higher if it wasn't for him D=

But anyway, I switched from that deck to my inzektors mostly because I wanted a change, I still have my SDAM deck and plan on playing it at locals soon, but don't think i swapped to inzekts because they're one of the best decks at the moment, I switched because I wanted a new deck and inzektors interested me, with they're play style and speed.

more_horiz
my favorite deck has always been dragons... when i first started it was a Dragon Hybrid that focused on Dark Paladin but as the years progressed my deck evolved. i went without playing for three years do to some issues and after those three years i went right back to it, tore it down, and completely rebuilt it because it was so out of date.
While i like to learn how to play other deck to get to understand them; my dragons and all its variants will ALWAYS hold the top spot

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply