Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Xyz Monsters ("Exceed" Monsters)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+8
Anzo
teramaster
RpgGamer
Kaito
Kira Amadeus
mumakil
Amy Kool
Tenshiin Yomato
12 posters

descriptionXyz Monsters ("Exceed" Monsters) EmptyXyz Monsters ("Exceed" Monsters)

more_horiz
With the airing of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, a new monster type (as you hopefullay have heard) has been released: Xyz monsters. These cards go into your Extra Deck with your Fusions/Synchros.

They don't have a level, they have a rank. So, as a result, they're unaffected by card effects that base on levels of monsters. Also, to "Exceed summon", you simply select 2 monsters as Exceed Material monsters, which both have to equal in level to the Xyz monster's rank. Then, the Xyz monster is summoned, overlaying the 2 materials. Usually, the effects of the Xyz monsters involve "detaching" the monsters, essentially sending them to the graveyard, to activate their effects.

Any insight or opinions on what the Xyz cards will be like? (Yes, contrary to popular belief, they are "Xyz" [pronounced: ikzeez], not "Exceed" - this was a misinterpetation on the fan's part) In my opinion, they're not going to be all that great... there doesn't seem to be any usable combos for it, and since they're easier to summon than Synchros and Fusions, they won't be as powerful. Here's two of them that will come out in the Generation Force Pack, coming out on the 16th of September:

Xyz Monsters ("Exceed" Monsters) GENF-EN044 Xyz Monsters ("Exceed" Monsters) GENF-EN086

descriptionXyz Monsters ("Exceed" Monsters) EmptyRe: Xyz Monsters ("Exceed" Monsters)

more_horiz
I would not agree with you. For example take a look at that 2nd one: Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon. Pretty hard to summon isn't it? I don't think so. If you take a look at new Dark World deck you can see that Sillva and Goldd are so easy to summon and they come so frequent onto the field. Also there is possibility that Ravens LV become 5 by discarding which is also easy to pull off (I did it many times but since there are no XYZs yet in DN could not summon him). He is also a fiend which makes Gate of the Dark World gain advantage too.

Next you know that GK is not doing Synchro much in last time since they rock without it. Now they have more power. Steelswarm Roach. Since all GKs you use are LV4 and just imagine Spy facedown, you see how many possibilities more you have. And this is just beginning of XYZ era, what will happen later I don't want to comment. Synchros were also not this great at their impact. Everyone used Gales eff, PSZ, Emergency Teleport and now you can see Librarian Formula Spore Bulb and all those spamming things that can devastate you in one turn just like that, casual move. XYZ are even easier to pull. And yea almost everyone was skeptical about synchros at their start and now is no difference with xyz.

descriptionXyz Monsters ("Exceed" Monsters) EmptyRe: Xyz Monsters ("Exceed" Monsters)

more_horiz
Well, I don't know if it's true, but from what I heard (did a bit of research :D), when you "detach" these Xyz Materials, they are sent to the graveyard, but not technically "sent to the graveyard", simply... detached. If that ends up being the case, I'd have to throw something.

more_horiz
they are sent to the graveyard I believe but they wont count as sent from the field.

more_horiz
Will there be numbers released or its just for the anime?

more_horiz
I am not agree with the XYZ name Exceed is better.
then Xyz remind me of some Monster that were used by Kaiba and chazz

more_horiz
I bought the new structure deck with the new Xyz monsters in it. They're pretty good, but only as an extra monster, I don't see how you can make a deck based around it.

more_horiz
XYZ is not the same as exceed. Technically an exceed monster is the fusion summon of a fusion monster that requires atleast one syncro in the materials, just as an accel summon is the summon of a syncro monster that has a syncro monster in it's material.

I have no opinion on xyz monster's themselves, though I do wonder if the attachments are still considered on the field [as in, do their effects still affect the field around them, even though their monster space is being occupied by an xyz monster that it became the material to]

more_horiz
RpgGamer wrote:
Technically an exceed monster is the fusion summon of a fusion monster that requires atleast one syncro in the materials, just as an accel summon is the summon of a syncro monster that has a syncro monster in it's material.

Err... what? First of all, Accel Synchro summon, and Delta-, and Limit Over-, are only something in the anime; it exists in the game merely as a "Synchro Summon". Second, the "exceed monsters" you're mentioning here already exist as regular Fusion monsters - Supreme Arcanite Magician, Naturia Exterio, Gaia Drake, Draco-Equiste... not to mention your statement that an exceed monster is a summon. Could you be a bit more clear with what you want to say? ^^;đ

But I do want to know what happens to a Plaguespreader Zombie revived by its own effect when it becomes Xyz material. Some say they're treated as being on the field... now, if that weren't the case, one could spam Plaguespreader's and Quillbolt Hedgehog's revival, and Overlay them into Gachi Gantetsu. It's possible in OCG the way things are.

more_horiz
TCG: Cards still ON the field , but they lose all their effects as long as they are Exceed material. Means Plagu don't get effect as long as he is used for an exceed .

OCG: Monsters are NOT on the field , means Plagu don't get effect even if the Exceed left the field . Because technically Plagu didn't touch the field even.

more_horiz
I dunno how it got translated to XYZ in English cuz thats not even an English word...

more_horiz
Someone Somewhere did it.

more_horiz
I iz pointing at Leviair the Sea Dragon, now put this guy along with Tour Guide from the Underworld in Plants or Dark World deck and see how broken it is then talk about how you can't see a deck build around an XYZ monster.

And the english translations of same of the new cards are really horrible (EX: Black Feather = Blackwings; Savior Dragon = Majestic Dragon (WTF); Machine Emperor Granel Infinity = Meklord Granel; Exeed = XYZ etc...). Someone must have been on crack while translating these >_>

more_horiz
he did it while he was sleeping with a pen sticked to his hand ._. , he is probably chines that don't knwo anything about English all what he did is put letters on paper and called new YGO monsters ._.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
he did it while he was sleeping with a pen sticked to his hand ._. , he is probably chines that don't knwo anything about English all what he did is put letters on paper and called new YGO monsters ._.

Lol so out of topic ._.

Anyways XYZ's aren't so bad nor so good either, and i personally don't find them to be a BIG deal

more_horiz
For now , i tested them with Crystal deck (don laugh) and Gadgets + Jurracs.

Technically they are doing good , but its really up to the Xyz effect to decide if that Xyz going to survive few turns or not.

more_horiz
They are great especially with gadgets and ultimate offering combo

more_horiz
I have tested a few like gadgets etc.. tho a really broken card is da bunny.. i get out kabazaulus and if i have (ex: treeborn in field and fishborgh in grave) i go for quasar, and if that's not the case i overlay for something (ex: evol)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply