Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

YCS Duel Academy #2

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+23
Train Heartnet
PhantomX
Shadow
ssss
EJ
Amy Kool
Placido Le Pwnzor
BliTz
Blaze
vem123
Dark Master
Ray1500
The_Dutch_Prince
kyosuke kiryu
hamouda
Anzo
Teise
KratoS
Vongola-x
firestorm
Ryo Bakura
svstar34
RebornShadow
27 posters

descriptionYCS Duel Academy #2 - Page 2 EmptyYCS Duel Academy #2

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Yugioh Championship Series:

Duel Academy

Hello and good day to everyone! The countdown to one of the biggest event over ALL KCVDS communities has once again started, Welcome to YCS Duel Academy #2

For those of you who don’t know, YCS are the Konami-sponsored IRL tournaments that take place in North America. This tournament will follow all pertinent Konami rules which means:

Deck Rules:

1. March 2011 ban list is in effect:

Listed are only the CHANGES

Forbidden Cards 「禁止カード」:

Goyo Guardian「ゴヨウ・ガーディアン」
Cold Wave「大寒波」
Mass Driver「マスドライバー」

Restriction Cards 「制限カード」:

Honest「オネスト」
Dandylion「ダンディライオン」
Black Feather – Kalut the Moonshadow「BF-月影のカルート」
Book of Moon「月の書」
Gateway of the Six「六武の門」

Semi-Restriction Cards 「準制限カード」:

Card Trooper「カードガンナー」
Archlord Kristya「大天使クリスティア」
Spirit Reaper「魂を削る死霊」
Debris Dragon「デブリ・ドラゴン」
Royal Tribute「王家の生け贄」
Overload Fusion「オーバーロード・フュージョン」
Megamorph「巨大化」
Solemn Warning「神の警告」
Icarus Attack「ゴッドバードアタック」

No longer restricted 「準制限」:

Chaos Sorcerer 「カオス・ソーサラー」
Snipe Hunter 「スナイプストーカー」
Demise, King of Armageddon「終焉の王デミス」
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier「氷結界の虎王ドゥローレン」
Gold Sarcophagus「封印の黄金櫃」
Skill Drain「スキルドレイン」
Ultimate Offering「血の代償」

2. You must PM me with your full deck list including Side Deck and Extra Deck. You are allowed only 1 deck for the entirety of the competition. Deck lists should be divided into categories of Monsters, Spells, Traps, Side, and Extra. SEND ME YOUR DECK LIST, NOT A PICTURE OF YOUR DECK LIST.

Tournament Setup:

1. There will be a number of initial Swiss System Rounds, where each round you will be paired with someone who has won the same number of matches as you. The number of these Swiss Rounds will depend on the final number of competitors for the tournament.

2. After the Swiss Rounds are completed, the people with the Top 16 scorers will proceed to a single elimination tournament. At the beginning of this tournament, all of the deck lists of the Top 16 will be posted. Yes, this means you will automatically know what your opponent will be using against you EXACTLY.

3. All pairing for both halves of the tournament will be made using CHALLONGE.com There is a possibility that you may play the same person more than once during the course of this tournament.

4. All duels are match duels. You will play best 2 out of 3 and are allowed to use your side deck after the 1st and 2nd games. If you believe that your opponent is abusing KCVDS by using an "infinite side deck", PM me with the cards he sided and I will tell you if those cards are actually in his deck list. It is grounds for DISQUALIFICATION to use cards other than those in your submitted deck list!!

Please include the following information in your registration:

Code:

KC: (your KCVDS name)
HAM: (your hamachi name)
(your time zone)

Time Zones will not factor into pairings. They will be displayed next to your name to make it easier for you to find good times to contact and duel with your opponents.

Again, please note that along with your registration you are
REQUIRED to PM me with your FULL DECK LIST
. If you do not do this by the time the tournament begins you will be disqualified.

Since we want this tournament to be as big as possible, I will not be setting any exact dates for end of registration. Instead, I will just wait and see when it feels like no more duelists are entering. At the most, this will take 2 weeks, however registration could end sooner than that if we get a bunch of applicants all at once and then very few register after that.

Prizes:

4th Place Prize:
500 DP

3rd Place Prize:
1000 DP + Userbar + Dorm Upgrade

2nd Place Prize:
2500 DP + Userbar + Title (if desired) + Dorm Upgrade

1st Place Prize:
5000 DP + Medal + Userbar + Title (if desired) + Upgraded directly to Graduate Dorm

YCS Duel Academy #2 - Page 2 YCSDA2

Last edited by RebornShadow on Mon May 23, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionYCS Duel Academy #2 - Page 2 EmptyRe: YCS Duel Academy #2

more_horiz
we restarted and i won 2-1 ggs.

more_horiz
placido won 3rd game 2-1 he had good hand and best game good luck

more_horiz
i won 2-0 vs Ray1500 GG'z

more_horiz
Confirmed. Gotta Hate That Gemini Spark. Like Seriously. Lol.

more_horiz
Ok now that the 1st round is over, we will move on to Top 8

firestorm vs. hamouda rajawi
_BliTz_ vs. The_Dutch_Prince
Mando/Placido vs. svstar34
Krat0$ vs. Vongola-x

Top 8 starts today April 23rd and ends April 29th

Everyone join this ham: DAYCS#2Top 8 Pass: DAYCS#2

Last edited by RebornShadow on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Won 2-0 vs Firestorm. Good games. My fav match up :3

more_horiz
the net doesnt exist xD

more_horiz
hamouda wrote:
Won 2-0 vs Firestorm. Good games. My fav match up :3

Confirm that was a cool dool :D
I can put ma bet on Hamouda winning this right now Razz

more_horiz
Placido wrote:
the net doesnt exist xD

lols there a space between top and 8. My bad lol

more_horiz
won 2-0 vs Svstar ggs.

more_horiz
Hey there folks,

well BliTz and I got to duel our match and before I say anything else, we both seriously had rubbish hands game 2. But man its so weird to see that 1 card ( he has it mained ) can do so much wrongs for me lol.

Game 1: He had control, since I had rubbish and played rubbish. SO he deserved to win that one for sure.

Game 2: the game was more interesting untill I startedu sing math for picking my card with Gold Sarco, I chose Future fusion over Trunade since he only had 1 backrow card that presented a problem. And besides that I still had 2x Dust Tornado and a MST + Trunade left in the deck, so you could say mathmetical thinking go. But I guess KCVDS works differently lmao.

BliTz won 2-0 in a good and nice way, no bitching about that for sure.

GG's and good luck in the later round(s) !!!!!

Last edited by The_Dutch_Prince on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
won 2-0 TDP, ggz bro, yes that 1 mained card is pro indeed Smile

more_horiz
Rs, could u please view this KCTAU topic: http://kctau.forummotion.com/t1216-2-cheaters-ftw

my next opp is kratos and if he has the cheat I'd like to request a TVing of him while we duel (tho he hasn't even joined the top 8 ham yet)

more_horiz
Everyone left should be TV'd. You can't trust anyone in this game anymore.

more_horiz
Offtopic: J_Project rules over cheats. ^_^

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
Offtopic: J_Project rules over cheats. ^_^

totally agree and wouldn't mind dueling in JP :D

more_horiz
Sorry for the inactivity. Goin through some stuff right now, had to sell alot of my cards (Scrap Dragons, Warnings, etc) to make ends meet, might even have to stay at my exs house for a bit. In fact I'm going to be putting a trade binder on my channel, so if anyone wants anything just look there. Overall things arent well for me right now so until i get everything together, no regionals, YCS providence or nats for me.

Back on topic:

Vongola-x wrote:
Rs, could u please view this KCTAU topic: http://kctau.forummotion.com/t1216-2-cheaters-ftw

my next opp is kratos and if he has the cheat I'd like to request a TVing of him while we duel (tho he hasn't even joined the top 8 ham yet)

Is this fully proven yet or are we still in the realm of hypotheticals? Regardless sure TVing is fine, another staff member will have to do it cause I'm not going to be around, but yea I allow it.

Agreeing with Amy on this one. From what I've seen J_PROJECT is way better. So I also wouldnt mind using this and/or YVD. Simply because of what Kyosuke said: You cant trust anyone at KCVDS anymore.

more_horiz
i want someone from the staff to TV mr. Vongola
also kyo are you butthurt =o ?

more_horiz
dawg, I lost already fair and square. In a great duel, why should I be butthurt, and I think the technical term is "bootyhurt"? Anyways, bro please stop spamming yourself and get ready to be exposed ;D

more_horiz
So what o.O if he lose means he was cheating .. lol

Anyways , if you guys will start using JP or YVD ... how can you make sure that no one will change cards in his deck ? and i guess JP is better than any other system.

more_horiz
I don't mind JP or being TVed, I never minded being TVed lol, cuz I never even had that cheat even if some guys offered it to me, I just refused, so sure TV me all u want

P.S. Kratos still hasn't joined the tourament (DAYCS#2Top 8 ) ham, even after I pmed him about it on DA

more_horiz
He is scared to be TV'd that's why he hasn't joined XD

more_horiz
techenically u are the one who is spamming kyo =D you lost :D
and vongola i dont really care if you think i have it or not .-.
I didnt join the ham because for the last 2 days i was posting from my super duper awesome phone
anyway i will be online from thursday(tomorrow) till sunday
im ok with tving me but i wont duel on JP the only prop that my net isnt fast so idk what will happen when someone TV me D:
kyo if you want a flame we can do it on kctau if you want =D

more_horiz
ok, so with both players agreeing (me and kratos) we need to set a time when both of us can duel AND 2 staff members can TV our duel.

My GMT is 0, I am mostly online from 3-4 pm till night time, will be online Thursday, Friday (not sure about evening), Weekend (again not sure about the evening - that's the party time cheers ) and ofc I will not be online all the time for those given times, because if I watch something I go offline. So it would be the best for us to set a time together with the staff members who can TV us.

more_horiz
I could do that..and Just PM me when both of you're online, I'll get ya the other staff, will be online around 4-5-6-7-8 today lawl

more_horiz
so the deadline is close im active and vogonla is active we just need 2 staff members to be active tomorrow and join the ham network
( big fuss over a game i know O wellz >:[ )

more_horiz
won vs Kratos 2-0, EB tved him and Train tved me, ggs

more_horiz
^ confirm ***** Happens.
EDIT: didnt know DA censor everything ._.

more_horiz
kks, ill start Top 4 in a few. Just back from the Extreme Victory Sneak, and theres a lot of stuff i need to sell off and work i have to do, so be patient with me for a bit.

more_horiz
Alright, im feeling well rested (I think) so imma edit the bracket now, for the next round.

Before we start, If anyone wants anything from EXVC sneak peak, PM me an offer

Now lets get started with the Top 4

Mando/Placido vs. hamouda rajawi
_BliTz_ vs. Vongola-x

Also, if you guys could record your duels and give them to EJ to be used for Feature matches, that would be really appropriated

Top 4 begins April 30th and ends May 6th

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply