Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

YCS Duel Academy #2

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+23
Train Heartnet
PhantomX
Shadow
ssss
EJ
Amy Kool
Placido Le Pwnzor
BliTz
Blaze
vem123
Dark Master
Ray1500
The_Dutch_Prince
kyosuke kiryu
hamouda
Anzo
Teise
KratoS
Vongola-x
firestorm
Ryo Bakura
svstar34
RebornShadow
27 posters

descriptionYCS Duel Academy #2 EmptyYCS Duel Academy #2

more_horiz
Yugioh Championship Series:

Duel Academy

Hello and good day to everyone! The countdown to one of the biggest event over ALL KCVDS communities has once again started, Welcome to YCS Duel Academy #2

For those of you who don’t know, YCS are the Konami-sponsored IRL tournaments that take place in North America. This tournament will follow all pertinent Konami rules which means:

Deck Rules:

1. March 2011 ban list is in effect:

Listed are only the CHANGES

Forbidden Cards 「禁止カード」:

Goyo Guardian「ゴヨウ・ガーディアン」
Cold Wave「大寒波」
Mass Driver「マスドライバー」

Restriction Cards 「制限カード」:

Honest「オネスト」
Dandylion「ダンディライオン」
Black Feather – Kalut the Moonshadow「BF-月影のカルート」
Book of Moon「月の書」
Gateway of the Six「六武の門」

Semi-Restriction Cards 「準制限カード」:

Card Trooper「カードガンナー」
Archlord Kristya「大天使クリスティア」
Spirit Reaper「魂を削る死霊」
Debris Dragon「デブリ・ドラゴン」
Royal Tribute「王家の生け贄」
Overload Fusion「オーバーロード・フュージョン」
Megamorph「巨大化」
Solemn Warning「神の警告」
Icarus Attack「ゴッドバードアタック」

No longer restricted 「準制限」:

Chaos Sorcerer 「カオス・ソーサラー」
Snipe Hunter 「スナイプストーカー」
Demise, King of Armageddon「終焉の王デミス」
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier「氷結界の虎王ドゥローレン」
Gold Sarcophagus「封印の黄金櫃」
Skill Drain「スキルドレイン」
Ultimate Offering「血の代償」

2. You must PM me with your full deck list including Side Deck and Extra Deck. You are allowed only 1 deck for the entirety of the competition. Deck lists should be divided into categories of Monsters, Spells, Traps, Side, and Extra. SEND ME YOUR DECK LIST, NOT A PICTURE OF YOUR DECK LIST.

Tournament Setup:

1. There will be a number of initial Swiss System Rounds, where each round you will be paired with someone who has won the same number of matches as you. The number of these Swiss Rounds will depend on the final number of competitors for the tournament.

2. After the Swiss Rounds are completed, the people with the Top 16 scorers will proceed to a single elimination tournament. At the beginning of this tournament, all of the deck lists of the Top 16 will be posted. Yes, this means you will automatically know what your opponent will be using against you EXACTLY.

3. All pairing for both halves of the tournament will be made using CHALLONGE.com There is a possibility that you may play the same person more than once during the course of this tournament.

4. All duels are match duels. You will play best 2 out of 3 and are allowed to use your side deck after the 1st and 2nd games. If you believe that your opponent is abusing KCVDS by using an "infinite side deck", PM me with the cards he sided and I will tell you if those cards are actually in his deck list. It is grounds for DISQUALIFICATION to use cards other than those in your submitted deck list!!

Please include the following information in your registration:

Code:

KC: (your KCVDS name)
HAM: (your hamachi name)
(your time zone)

Time Zones will not factor into pairings. They will be displayed next to your name to make it easier for you to find good times to contact and duel with your opponents.

Again, please note that along with your registration you are
REQUIRED to PM me with your FULL DECK LIST
. If you do not do this by the time the tournament begins you will be disqualified.

Since we want this tournament to be as big as possible, I will not be setting any exact dates for end of registration. Instead, I will just wait and see when it feels like no more duelists are entering. At the most, this will take 2 weeks, however registration could end sooner than that if we get a bunch of applicants all at once and then very few register after that.

Prizes:

4th Place Prize:
500 DP

3rd Place Prize:
1000 DP + Userbar + Dorm Upgrade

2nd Place Prize:
2500 DP + Userbar + Title (if desired) + Dorm Upgrade

1st Place Prize:
5000 DP + Medal + Userbar + Title (if desired) + Upgraded directly to Graduate Dorm

YCS Duel Academy #2 YCSDA2

Last edited by RebornShadow on Mon May 23, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionYCS Duel Academy #2 EmptyRe: YCS Duel Academy #2

more_horiz
Top 16:

Well after a month and a half of Swiss Rounds,we are now finished with Round 6 and we will now make the cut to top 16. There were many people who were closed to topping but unfortunately, a lot of the matches in round 6 were determined by coin flips, which affect your tiebreaker score. Either way, it was risky even if it was played it. This is however the same system used in Official KDE tournaments, even though it is somewhat flawed. Overall neither you, nor myself can control tiebreakers. The List of participants, and matchups for swiss rounds will be in the 1st post. Now lets get started, first with the top 16 players, and their deck choices, in order from Highest points to lowest:

*NOTE: All deck names are based KDE TCG Terminology

1.Kyosuke Kiryu (Chaos)
2.Mando/Placido (Gravekeepers)
3.firestorm (Miracle Fusion/Gemini)
4.Krat0$ (Miracle Fusion/Gemini)
5.Vongola-x (Miracle Fusion/Gemini)
6.Ryo Bakura (Chaos Plants)
7.Ballin1521 (Quickdraw Dandywarrior)
8.teise (X-Sabers)
9.The_Dutch_Prince (Disaster Dragon)
10.svstar34 (Anti-Meta/Stun)
11.hamouda rajawi (Chain Burn)
12.mysterio_619/Zane (Miracle Fusion/Gemini)
13.Ray1500 (Blackwings)
14.DarkBlackDragon (Plant Synchro)
15.Jimmy-Jaguar/Dark Master (Miracle Fusion/Gemini)
16._BliTz_ (Miracle Fusion/Gemini)

And now for the matchups. Matchups are based on seed number (1-16) and your seed number was determined by your overall placing in swiss rounds. There will be both a live image of the bracket and text matchups displayed:

Ballin1521 vs. svstar34
Krat0$ vs. Ray1500
Kyosuke Kiryu vs. _BliTz_
Mando/Placido vs. Jimmy-Jaguar/Dark Master
Ryo Bakura vs. hamouda rajawi
Vongola-x vs. mysterio_619/Zane
firestorm vs. DarkBlackDragon
teise vs. The_Dutch_Prince

YCS Duel Academy #2 YCSDA2TOP16

•Please note, that this tournament was started before the Update to 1.28. This is for anyone new who may stumble upon this topic with questions. Our next YCS Event in the near future will be using 1.28 (or whatever is the current version of the time)

•Full deck lists will be posted after the Tournament is over.

•Hamachi Nets: Players in the first four matches Join the following Hamachi Net:

Code:

Top16(1) Pass:DAYCS#2

Players in the last four matches Join the following Hamachi Net:

Code:

Top16(2) Pass:DAYCS#2

• The first round of Top 16 starts April 15th and ends April 22nd

Good Luck Everyone!

more_horiz
2-0 vs. ballin. I sacked hard.

Last edited by svstar34 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Im not even gonna ask how you guys got through with that duel so quick lol. Regardless, it saves me and everyone else time.

more_horiz
Lost to Hamouda 0-2 in one side game Razz. I was really owned bad bro :D !

more_horiz
Won on Black Dragon 2-0 .
GGz bro .

more_horiz
So I have to wait for mysterio vs zane and the winner of those 2 is my opponent?

more_horiz
^lol he is the same person but you can duel him twice tho if u want :3

more_horiz
didn't know that, any way he hasn't even joined the tournament ham yet :/

more_horiz
willl edit this will result
just wanted to say kyo 6 0 with an chaos very nice dude ^^

more_horiz
am the one who waited his opponent 7 hours a day and he NEVER showed up , then a coin decides that "he takes da win" ? Are you sure this is a good way to do stuff here. Justsayin

more_horiz
Confirming my win vs ryo bakura. My hands didnt let him zny chance to do sth xD

I just wanna ask if I can duel firestorm now

more_horiz
No sign of Blitz till now.

more_horiz
Havent been able to catch Teise online at ham yet, but im sure I will see him in any of other 5 days. Will update/edit this post with the match results.

more_horiz
Light Beat was not what I Was Expecting to Dominate Top 16 At All. And Yay For Being the only Blackwing Player in Top 16, Lol.

~Anyways Reserved For Match Result.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
am the one who waited his opponent 7 hours a day and he NEVER showed up , then a coin decides that "he takes da win" ? Are you sure this is a good way to do stuff here. Justsayin

u didn't even mention my name , I want to know where you waited me 7 hours and I didn't show up , I think it wasn't the coin , I think I won by default because I posted more than once that u didn't show up and I waited u on ham 12 hours daily always ask people on ham about you even if u had a problem in ham u could see the posts , and Reborn Shadow do stuff perfectly no one can say a word about him :D

more_horiz
Seriously .. 12 hour? lol , are you sure you wasn't in offline mode

more_horiz
Teise wrote:
willl edit this will result
just wanted to say kyo 6 0 with an chaos ***** very nice dude ^^

My support yo hamouda :D troll them all with yo deck :3

Good luck to my team-maties too . Vongola Blitz and Teise :D . Bring trophy to IL Smile

Last edited by vem123 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
i was 17th.wtf?i am really sad Razz

more_horiz
hmm cant catch my oppenent wha ttimerzone u got dude?

more_horiz
Teise wrote:
hmm cant catch my oppenent wha ttimerzone u got dude?

I am GMT +2, and acording to what other peopel say, you are also GMT +2 ( Germany ) so it really shouldnt be hard to catch each other online. But yesterday ( Sunday ) I had been online from like 15:00 til late at night ( 03:00 ) and hadn't seen you all. Maybe you were just doing some sports or something which is natural.

But during the normal week days ( monday-Friday ) I'm online from this moment or a little later till like 03:00 at night. So those are the times you can catch me online at hamachi.

We Finally catched eachother online and got to duel our match, which wasn't a short one.

Game 1: We both have fail openign hands, but that kept the dueling interesting. After go back and forth with chains and summons he managed to win.

Game 2: We both had mediocre openeing hands but I had the beter one I think, also in this duel the control went back and forth but in the end I managed to win.

Game 3: We both had mediocre openings again and started to sack awesome top decks ( both of us ). In the end a slight mistake from TEise cost him the duel.

Awesome Games Teise, and better luck netx time.

2-1 I win.

Last edited by The_Dutch_Prince on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
lost to TDP awesome games that brio in the end was unexpected ...
2 1 btw

more_horiz
Lost vs Blitz 1-2 D:

Last edited by kyosuke kiryu on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
won vs zane 2-1.... he sided before game one, can someone pls tell the ones who don't know, u CANNOT side before game 2!!!

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Lost vs Blitz 1-2 D:

sry about ruining ur streak.. nah not really i actualy feel F****ING AWESOME after doing that xD.. ggs Cool

Last edited by BliTz on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : emphasis on awesome)

more_horiz
Ray if u see this try to be online on ham D;
this the only day i can duel so i hope you get online :/

more_horiz
Ok remember guys deadline is tomorrow, I have box tournaments and college stuff to take care of this whole week so i havent been active

With the issue concerning Placido Vs Dark Master: There isnt enough to go on either of your claims, and there are various instances where you both have claimed the same thing, so heres whats gonna happen.

You will both receive a warning. You will also restart game 2. Both of you must record if possible and/or take screens of the match. This match will also be given a 1 day extension.

more_horiz
small correction : you mean game 3 because it was 1-1

more_horiz
KratoS wrote:
Ray if u see this try to be online on ham D;
this the only day i can duel so i hope you get online :/
When you posted this it was 6:30 Am where I lived so Yeah. And Yeah I'm posting this when it's 3:35am where you live. Since this is your only day to duel, and it's technically tomorrow where you live for me, yeah I don't think this is going to work out.

more_horiz
Dark Master wrote:
small correction : you mean game 3 because it was 1-1

Oh sorry yes game 3.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply