Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Written Tests

+3
Assassin
Kira Amadeus
Unkown
7 posters

pollWritten Tests, yes or no?

Yes.
80%
No.
20%
Total Votes:

descriptionWritten Tests EmptyWritten Tests

more_horiz
1. My Idea.

My Idea is to let EVERY staff member offer a written test to every duelist in the Forum. Duelists gain/lose DP according to their marks.

2.Why?

First, there are MANY DP hungry duelists here in DA. Second, this will encourage them to read the YGO TCG rules. Rules that no one reads. Some claim to know all rules and there are much that they have not looked on, I have noticed this.

3.Why would Duelists read the rules?

Well if the test would be between the tester and testie the user would not even bother to read the rules.
But my idea includes making a thread for each dorm for this tests. And each test of slifer members will be posted in the Slifer Test Thread and etc.

If the Duelist gets a bad mark... that will make him feel, noobish compared to others who got a good score.
It will also encourage them to read the rules because they can get DP.

4. What if the user cheats during the test? How will he learn the rules that way?

Well, even if cheating occurs the duelist WILL HAVE TO READ THE RULE WHILE HE IS CHEATING. Even if he is copying and pasting he will READ the rule in the process...even if just a little look it WILL make the duelist know something new.

5. Who will prepare the tests?

Any staff member chosen by the Admins.

6.Why do this?

This will not only grab more duelists into the forum, it will highly increase the duelists' dueling skills by enabling then to read cards and rules and increasing their knowledge of Dueling.

7. Resolution

To me, this idea is fun, grabs attention, gives us better duelists( without getting new members), more activity, more DP to duelists who care about DP, and increases duelist knowledge of dueling.

descriptionWritten Tests EmptyRe: Written Tests

more_horiz
kinda my ideea in old DA Sad
but i still like it

more_horiz
Perfectly organized and nicely presented

Yes, the idea is very good and innovative according to me

more_horiz
I agree with this idea coz it will make us actually feel like we r in "academy"
so yeah u got my vote study
Off topic - I didn't know that u can post in staff chat :D

more_horiz
well i agree but kira this idea was in the old DA before u even entered too bad i lost all the questions i had :D

more_horiz
i have to desagree with you fenix the ideea was but i made it to be used to the regestered indorms duelists and the ideea its still in this academy at ideeas and suggestions its within the first ideeas i posted EJ closed it and said that the ideea will be aplied when we get more members and forgot all about it good that unkown reminded us of it

http://duelacademy.aforumfree.com/da-site-suggestions-f5/montly-test-t57.htm

here is the link

more_horiz
I dont agree with you. I guess its useless. You can understand some of your openents skills by testing with a duel. That may show how much that person does know about rulings and playing.
As i said .. i think its useless. But thats just my idea guys :D

more_horiz
Kira I am saying about the test which was before the test duel for choosing your dorm.Written test system was applied before you even entered DA, I mean when I was tested by EJ first i took a test with 10 questions giving me points.Then he made able to test new duelists and i gave them the test with the 10 questions then we dueled.The Monthly test was your idea and it is completely different since i am talking about the test when you are being tested for dorm not Monthly test just for points.
I think Unkown is saying that he wants the idea to be applied before the test duel not like the monthly test am I right?

more_horiz
If this is a 'test' we need to narrow it down. Is it a YGO TCG Rules Test? Is it a quiz?

more_horiz
Is it a ruling test, and a test about strategy. Like you have card A and B. Your opponent has monster C and G. Should you use card A, or B?

Also about ruling like, can you play card B to negate card A? Why or why not?

more_horiz
Archived.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum