Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMy GFX? (srry sucks my first time and i dont know how to use C4ds) EmptyMy GFX? (srry sucks my first time and i dont know how to use C4ds)

more_horiz
heres my first made sig: https://2img.net/h/oi54.tinypic.com/65ahxg.png

i don't really know how to make a sig but i tried, btw i dont know how to use c4d's i just put them where i think is good. this is my first sig and any help or improvements are welcomed! thanks!

descriptionMy GFX? (srry sucks my first time and i dont know how to use C4ds) EmptyRe: My GFX? (srry sucks my first time and i dont know how to use C4ds)

more_horiz
If you don't know how to use something the best thing to do is to go research how to use it. Look up tutorials and examples that show how C4D's are used.

However, based on your sig, C4D's seem a bit advanced for you to use at the moment. Don't mess with them for a while. Go look up the most basic of signature tutorials and start from there. Also get a feel for how PS (assuming that's what you're using) works; as in all the tools and filters. For example, when decreasing the size of an object, make sure you hold shift to keep the image's proportions.

http://deviantart.com is a great place for art inspirations. You can search and find some nice beginner tutorials on signature/tag making. Again, stay away from C4D's for now. Learn how majority of PS works.

If you truly want to become a GFX artist for whatever reason, know the program you are using. Learn how to use brushes, font, layer settings, layer modes, filters, and all the tools on the left toolbar. That's the basic stuff, you can try more advanced things, such as adjustment layers, clipping masks, etc., later on. Anyway, good luck.

descriptionMy GFX? (srry sucks my first time and i dont know how to use C4ds) EmptyRe: My GFX? (srry sucks my first time and i dont know how to use C4ds)

more_horiz
thx, i'll try out some sigs without c4d's

more_horiz
Without C4D's? oO
I think thats kinda difficult.
Take a look at the Tutorial Section i think you can find something useful in this section.
My bigest problem to make signaturs are to find good colorsettings.
Thats a realy big problem.Im a beginner at making signaturs so i think that will be a big problem for you too to find good color settings.

more_horiz
Stampede wrote:
Without C4D's? oO
Take a look at the Tutorial Section i think you can find something useful in this section.
My bigest problem to make signaturs are to find good colorsettings.
Thats a realy big problem.Im a beginner at making signaturs so i think that will be a big problem for you too to find good color settings.

actually no c4ds is easy i normally only use buble c4ds b/c they are usefull in my sigs
u can smudge though :D that helps, stock images are usefull too :D

ok when making an image smaller hold shift
also a c4d isnt used as a bg all the time, u could u use it as a bg but use it more for an effect
use gradient maps and photo filters, brightness and contrast ( these are my main )
find stock images and create flow. hmm you should also follow what atticus told u hes way better than me

and what do u mean by color settings? O.o

more_horiz
I mean stuff like gradient and so on Razz

more_horiz
oh choose a color that goes with the sig Razz or any color that makes it look good
set it on soft light or w/e Razz and lower the opacity if u want

more_horiz
Stampede wrote:
Without C4D's? oO

Umm... not using C4D's is difficult?

Not every single signature made will have a C4D in it, especially when you are a beginner or near pro. Again, learn how layer settings work before moving on to C4D's.

Lighten, Screen, Color Dodge, Linear Dodge, and Lighter Color all remove dark colors, which is why they are used with C4D's a lot. Lighten simply shows the lighter colors while Linear Dodge dodges those light colors with the ones underneath it. Those aren't the only ones used though. Overlay and Soft Light can be used to create lighting for example. Also make sure you know how to play around with the opacity/flow of each layer.

You can also change layer settings on adjustment layers, such as gradient maps, curves, invert, color balance, etc. The result you get from changing an adjustment layers' settings is arrived at a more complex way, which is beyond my understanding. However the same basic idea can be used to predict what your result will look like. For example, changing a Gradient Map to Linear Dodge will still brighten and dodge the image, while setting it to Linear Burn will still burn and darken the image.

Before messing with adjustment layers, mess around with your tools. Open up an image and just take out each tool and experiment. See what happens when you brush over with your Blur/Sharpen/Dodge/Burn/Sponge/Smudge tool. Then afterward, mess around with the settings of each. It'll take some time to figure out everything, but again, if you are interested in learning GFX you'll spend time on not making a single signature, but instead figure out the program you're using.

Yea, I kinda rambled on there, so hope that helps. And if you didn't understand a lot of what I was talking about, those things are too advanced and you should start off with more beginner methods.

more_horiz
I unterstand all of this Smile
I try to follow those advices(hope i wrote it correctly Razz)

more_horiz
O.o! Razz

more_horiz
ĶÐàÑΤ€ ۩ wrote:
O.o! Razz

that's a spam, 2nd warning...half your DP has been fined.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum