Introducing the New Ranking SystemBETA

Introducing the New Ranking System Jaden_10

What is the ranking system?

The ranking system is Duel Academy’s way of distinguishing players by skill level. New duelists can be found in Slifer Red, while experienced duelists call Obelisk Blue their home.

How is my rating calculated?

Duel Academy’s ranking system is an adapted Elo system. For each game you win, you will gain ranking points and for each game you lose, you will lose points.

What games count towards my rating?

Only games played in Duel Academy official tournaments will count towards your overall rating. You can still challenge other users to gain experience and prepare yourself for future tournaments, but this won’t impact your rating.

How do I rank up?

In order to increase your rank, all you have to do is play in Duel Academy official tournaments. The more you win, the faster you will increase your rank and proving your worth against experienced players will accelerate your rank up process.

How many ranks are there?

In total there are 12 ranks, spread between 3 dorms: Slifer 1-4, Ra 1-4 and Obelisk 1-4.

Is it possible to lose my rank?

Yes, it is possible to be demoted from your current rank, however the system is designed to keep players in their skill level, so demotion will only result from a period of continued poor form or inactivity.

Why is this a BETA?

This is a very new system for Duel Academy, which means there will surely be some kinks to iron out. For that reason any and all user feedback regarding the system is greatly appreciated.