Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Ranking System Update!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+3
Kandy.JPEG
Etwizzy
Anzo
7 posters

descriptionRanking System Update! EmptyRanking System Update!

more_horiz
Hello,

I'm here to inform you guys of the upcoming changes in the next few days to our Ranking System.

About a month and a half ago we replaced our old Testing System, with a Ranking System - instead of being tested to join a dorm, now you rank yourself the more games you win or events you top.

We promised that we'll be refining our system with time, as we move forward. Before we go there, I want to speak a little bit more about why we decided to make these changes.

Previously, with the old Testing System, we had a staff-team called 'Professors'. Professors main duty was to test individuals and assign them to one of our three dormitories according to their skill-level. Even though the system Itself was flawless, we couldn't keep up with the number of new members registering at our community on a daily bases. According to our statistics, we get roughly 6 new members everyday; their first impression was "Where is Professors?", or "I can't catch a Professors online!".

Even though this is no longer summer, and It's school for everyone, we couldn't get enough Professors to test people, hence we ended up replaced the Testing System, with a Ranking System that doesn't require you to catch or wait for anyone to be online.

The Ranking System we implemented focus on your interest in our community's standards and your willingness to move forward from the bottom to the top and reach higher dorms. You could either get enough Points in our DA's League event, or win a tournament for a Rank-up to the next dorm. (It's all mentioned in our guide)

What ended up happening is most of our members have a HUGE difference in their time zones, hence there wasn't many people to play with for DA's League, and winning a tournament isn't exactly an easy thing to do either.

So, for the past 10 days or so, we've been discussing the possibility of expanding our Ranking System by adding new methods to Rank-up between dorms. That way, you'll have more things to do overall if you truly seek to reach higher dorms - some are just happy by being Slifer Red.

With that said, we still didn't want to make neither easy or hard. We just wanted to make it good. So, some of these new additions might not be mind-blowing, but they're still things you could make good use of If you're looking to rank-up.

On the 12th of November, these changes will take place on our Ranking System. I'll list the new additions, including the old ones too, so you get a general knowledge on everything you can do now to rank up: (I'll mark the new ones with +)
1. Finish Top 8 in our DA's League. (with at least +20 games played)
2. Win a Tournament with Dorm-up Prize
+3. Having participating in +3 Tournaments during a month, while reached at least top 4 in all of them. (not necessarily won any)
+4. If you're top 15 on either DN Rankings or YGO/DevPro Rankings; auto-obelisk.

(In case I missed anything, check our guide: http://www.duelacademy.net/h9-da-guide )

+Core Ranking System Changes: Previously, you had to get (as a Slifer Red) +55 Points in a season to Rank-up to Ra Yellow, and +80 points (as Ra Yellow) to Rank-up to Obelisk Blue. Now, with these changes: we're shifting the points to the total games played. Instead of collecting points, now all you need to do is play games (win or lose). In other words, instead of seeking points, you only needs total games played to Rank-up. For instance, if you're Slifer Red, you need +40 games (for example) in a season to Rank-up to Ra Yellow, or +80 games played to Rank-up to Obelisk Blue.

We value effort over skills in such scenarios. Though skills is essential for some people, and It is important to us as well, we do believe deep down that effort always beats skill. If after 80 games against members from our community and you still don't have the skill to be Obelisk Blue, then something is seriously wrong with you. Wink

This would be all. If you have any questions or concerns, you may post below.

descriptionRanking System Update! EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Personally I think you should bring testers back and try get 1 or 2 testers from allotted time zone brackets.

And lets be honest you could easily play over 80+ games and skill not have still (look at you for example Ranking System Update! 1151057309 )

descriptionRanking System Update! EmptyRe: Ranking System Update!

more_horiz
I played 10 games and became an admin. While you'll have to play 80 games to have a different name color Ranking System Update! 1151057309

more_horiz
Thats becuase they felt sorry for you Ranking System Update! 2896007000

more_horiz
You dont even wanna know how many times you get asked to get tested when your a tester.....Back in the day it was me and Grem. It was hell.

more_horiz
Just Christ! You as a tester and I can't imagine you being serious.

more_horiz
Lol Grem used Heralds for testing and still rekt.

AS for me I just played and tested nothing much

more_horiz
Testing takes a lot of time in a community similar to ours.

more_horiz
22:40:45You know anzo! Roach will be the new admin! XD

more_horiz
so if a play 80 games can i skip ra and go to blue 

more_horiz
No

more_horiz
Yeah I understand testing does take alot of time.
What about the idea of after your X amount of points in Ra then you can apply for a test to get promoted to Obe?

The problem im fore seeing with the new system is the ranks / dorms arnt going to hold any value purpose and lose all credibility.

Jv1391 wrote:
22:40:45You know anzo! Roach will be the new admin! XD

Yeah im taking Anzo job!

more_horiz
Win any of my tournaments and you will rank-up

more_horiz
Yeah winning a tournament takes skill.

more_horiz
@Zac: We still haven't reached a conclusion, that's why I said we'll give it time before we start using this. The way I see it, you need X amount of games to reach Ra Yellow. However, we're most likely going to win a win rate +X games played - If you're Ra Yellow - before we Rank-up you up to Obelisk Blue.

more_horiz
if that get top 4 in 3 tournament + is one month happened last month i would be in ra because i was top 4 in three tournaments last month

more_horiz
We won't apply this on past events. If you won last month, then that happened before this system came.

more_horiz
I was in Top8 in our first World Cup and if that didn't made me blue I don't know what will

more_horiz
It doesn't. It was a 16-person Tournament. Logically speaking, you only beat 1 guy to get top 8.

more_horiz
By the way Anzu did ya updated DA's guide with the new info?

more_horiz
No, not yet.

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
I was in Top8 in our first World Cup and if that didn't made me blue I don't know what will

KAPPAnzo wrote:
It doesn't. It was a 16-person Tournament. Logically speaking, you only beat 1 guy to get top 8.

Ranking System Update! 1151057309

KAPPAnzo wrote:
If you're Ra Yellow - before we Rank-up you up to Obelisk Blue.

If I understand correctly you will be getting Obe anyway Gala (and me YAY!)

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

KAPPAnzo wrote:

Ranking System Update! 1151057309

KAPPAnzo wrote:
If you're Ra Yellow - before we Rank-up you up to Obelisk Blue.

If I understand correctly you will be getting Obe anyway Gala (and me YAY!)

Yeah, I didn't understood that Razz

@Anzu
It was 33 people Torney
I had to play against your Obies and Darkies so I'm proud to myself :3

more_horiz
We know you're good bebe you just will have to prove it in future events.

more_horiz
So any changes here? xD when will the changes start?

more_horiz
KAPPAnzo wrote:

On the 12th of November, these changes will take place on our Ranking System.

Jv1391 wrote:
So any changes here? xD when will the changes start?

Your question has already been ansered lol

more_horiz
xD really? I couldn't find it ._.

more_horiz
Its in the opening post you pleb lol

more_horiz
too many letters but now it seems I must read it.

more_horiz
The updates will be delayed. We'll wait until DA's season #17 is over before we implement the new additions.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply