Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Haunted Halloween Special !

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
Staxx
DanelerH
[Arion]
Olethros
TricMagic
WondeRy
10 posters

descriptionDA Haunted Halloween Special ! EmptyDA Haunted Halloween Special !

more_horiz
DA Haunted Halloween Special ! Dahall11

Hello fellow Duelists and welcome to the exclusive Halloween event that yours truly WondeRy is hosting for you!

This is an EVENT not a tournament, so you can play in it without signing up or being worried that you lost! You cannot be eliminated from this event, unless you cheated or did not obey the rules of the event!

The event consists of two parts : Halloween Duels and Haunted House Challenges!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Halloween Duels :
____________________________________________________________________________________

Duelists will challenge each other in a match duels with special deck rules. The banlist used is latest TCG one and all cards that are printed in the TCG and OCG are available for you to use!The concept of the deck is "dress up". All the cards in the main,extra and side deck of the duelist must be connected in some sort to the  "dress up" theme that was chosen. For example the player says that he is dressing up as a Zombie Nurse - he can put any zombie cards from the card pool that includes direct Zombie support traps and spells and cards that are connected to the Nurse theme. There should be somewhere in the cardtext a connection to the theme for example in this Zombie deck you cannot use Allure of Darkness because it is not a Zombie specific card. On the other hand, Shiranui Style Swallow's Slash is a valid card because it is said "tribute a zombie" in its text.Decks that only contain one archtype are not recommended,because they will be far more consistent and the idea of the event is to have fun not build a new Halloween meta.

That being said I encourage you to be more creative and don't mind if the deck you came with is not really amazing - just have fun. Remember that the decks that you will face wont be that powerful as well (but hopefully fun to play).

You are not allowed to dress up as:
1.Yu gi oh cards. This is to prevent people for just building a deck around a monster and all the support that it has in the game already.

2. Attribute , Card type , Monster Type. This is to prevent people to say I am dressed up as "Monster" so I can use any monster cards. Nope. Same goes as an attribute giving access to all cards that work with that attribute and Card type which can give you access to all spell/trap/monster etc cards in the game or all spellcasters/warriors so on so forth.

3.You cannot dress up as a spy (cause SPYRALS), you cannot put True Draco cards in your deck and you cannot run cards of only one archetype in your deck. At least half your cards need to be something else!

4. You cannot use forbidden cards even if they match your theme.

You can challenge people unlimited times per day till the event ends and you can change your deck as often as you want, as long it is a legal deck. You can post challenges underneath this topic or directly do it on discord, but all results need to be posted here by the winner of the duel with an Screen Shot of the game 3 win screen. After a Duel is concluded the winner will gain 5 candy and the loser will get 1 candy.Candy score will be kept track of in this topic. At the end of the event you can exchange all your candy for prices! A list of prices and what is the candy cost will be posted.

Haunted House Challenges

When you have gathered enough candy you can use it to enter the Haunted House Which has several floors to explore and chance to get more prices inside! To do that you have to get in touch with me in any way (posting here,pm,dm on discord) and if you have enough candy to pay for it I will give you the challenge myself! 

In the haunted house there are 3 floors and a basement and you need to have complete them in sequence (you cant jump to higher level floors).

1st is the 1st floor and it costs 3 candy to get in
2nd is 2nd floor and it costs 5 candy to get in after you completed first floor
3rd floor is 3rd costs 6 candy after you completed 2nd floor
4th is the basement costs 10 candy after you have completed all other floors

Clearing first floor gives 60 candy
Clearing 2nd floor gives 100 candy
Clearing 3rd floor gives 150 candy
Clearing 4th floor gives one price of your choice from the prices!

If you have any questions feel free to ask! I would like to keep this topic spam free, so please assistants/mods assist me in deleting all the spam comments, so that the challenge comments and duel comments are easy to get to.

FAQ : 1.What rules are we using? 

The latest rules are in effect which means master rule 4 is in effect(extra deck monster zone and draw 5 on first turn).

2.How can you determine if my deck was following the concept if I am allowed to switch decks? 
First of all I expect all people to play honestly. If you are playing a match and your opponent plays a card that you think was not supposed to be in the deck you can call an Assistant from discord and he will judge it if that card was allowed.You can also send me or any other assistant your decklist before you start dueling if you wanna make sure that it is 100 % legal! If the used card was not supposed to be in that deck just banish it face down and draw a new card(and edit your deck after the duel). If the majority of the cards in that deck are not matching the theme, rehost the duel with valid deck(you can ask again if it is legal).

3.What if my opponent DC's - 

Disconnecting and cheating

Click :

4.What are the prices : 

LLDS final tournament guaranteed spot! - 450 Candy
Rank up! - 150 Candy
Host an DA event/tournament - 125 Candy
Username change! - 100 Candy
Custom Rank Title! 100 Candy
Tournament Stack! - 75 Candy (3 Tournament stacks give you a promotion and can be won by actually finishing first in some tournaments)
Profile song! 50 Candy ( have to check if we still offer this)
GFX Shop for a month! - 50 Candy
GFX Shop for three months! - 75 Candy
Deck Shop for a month! - 50 Candy
Deck Shop for three months! - 75 Candy
Change Duel points color - 20 Candy
Deck fix from Mods - 15 Candy

More stuff! (under construction will ask what most people want tbh)

Candy Stash:

TricMagic : 150 
Oletheros: 19  - Deckshop Purchased 
DanelerH:   79- level up purchased
Username290:  1 
True Killjoy: 0 - Tournament Stack Purchased , level up purchased
Arion: 344 
Xenoburn: 2
AkaFila: 2 
Lucie: 63 
StaxxTheHuman: 5 
Minako: 12

Good luck and have fun! Event starts NOW and ends November 5th !

Last edited by WondeRy on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:49 pm; edited 54 times in total

descriptionDA Haunted Halloween Special ! EmptyRe: DA Haunted Halloween Special !

more_horiz
Trick or Sweet, Ole Santa Ole chose Tricks.
Presents abound, and Tricks a'win, 2-0.

descriptionDA Haunted Halloween Special ! EmptyRe: DA Haunted Halloween Special !

more_horiz
Confirm, provided specific decks are allowed as per True Killjoys post.

Also, beat Dan 2-0: https://i.imgur.com/xfLe70t.png

With the candy I won, I'd like to enter the First Floor of the haunted house!

more_horiz
A machine Says he's a Train Conductor, Then unloads ABC, Machina, Galaxy Solider, Cyber Dragon Infinity, And Gears... Along with two trains as well..

The Machine flipped, and chose tricks. Tricks Win.  2-1

more_horiz
won 2-0 vs DanelerH with my toy maker deck. I too would like to go to the 1st floor.

Last edited by True Killjoy on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
DA Haunted Halloween Special ! UBUNqDA Haunted Halloween Special ! UBUNqhttps://imgur.com/a/uBUNq
Won 2-0 from Xenoburn. I dressed up as a Dragon. I would like to enter the First Floor.

Last edited by [Arion] on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Screenshot)

more_horiz
DA Haunted Halloween Special ! LhFS5https://imgur.com/a/LhFS5
Won 2-0 From Aka Fila, still dressed up as a Awesome Dragon.

Last edited by [Arion] on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Screenshot)

more_horiz
DA Haunted Halloween Special ! HQiav
Won 2-0 from DanelerH.DA Haunted Halloween Special ! HQiav

DA Haunted Halloween Special ! Bql7MLH

Last edited by [Arion] on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Lucie's arrival signals her Rival, once more, a Trick is played, and once more, a win. 2-0

Also, Welcome back Alisae! Can we get another Mafia game going?

more_horiz
won 2-0 vs xenoburn, ggs

more_horiz
won 2-1 vs DanelerH, ggs.

more_horiz
Oletheros challenged the first floor of the haunted house and failed! Deducting 3 candy!

more_horiz
bt Arion 2-0

more_horiz
Arion and DanelerH challenged the first floor and failed! -3 candy!

more_horiz
won 2-0 vs [Arion], ggs.

more_horiz
True Killjoy has cleared the 1st floor of the haunted house and has won 60 candy! Deducted 3 for entry!

more_horiz
Lost to Dan 2-1

more_horiz
won 2-0 vs olethros, ggs.

more_horiz
Beat True Killjoy 2-0

more_horiz
Won 2-0 from Ole with my yet to be approved deck by Wondery.

DA Haunted Halloween Special ! Hx91fVB

more_horiz
I won 2-0 against Arion.  gg

more_horiz
I won against Olethros 2-0.  gg

more_horiz

more_horiz
True Killjoy completed the 2nd floor and DanelerH completed the 1st floor ! Deducting and rewarding candy! Oletheros Completed the first floor but failed on the 2nd! Awarding and deducting!

more_horiz

more_horiz
Won 2-0 vs akaFila

DA Haunted Halloween Special ! 6jp0wgW

more_horiz
I won against Arion 2-0.  gg

more_horiz
TricMagic has challenged the first floor and emerged victorious! 60 candy -3 for entry awarded! 3rd Floor is open to challengers that have completed the 2nd floor!

more_horiz
i won 2-0 vs Tric

more_horiz
TricMagic challenged the 2nd floor of the haunted House and failed! -5 candy

@DanelerH has challenged the 2nd floor of the Haunted House and failed to clear it -5 candy!

Arion challenged the 1st floor but could not prevail! -3 Candy.

TricMagic has challenged the 2nd floor of the Haunted House and won! Congrats +100 Candy and -5 for entry!

Arion has challenged the 1st floor and emerged victorious! Contrats ! +  60 candy and - 3 for entry!

Last edited by WondeRy on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply