Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Bring Competition to DA? (Teams)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+11
Galaksii
Neji
Linda-Senpai
Anzo
PowerNova
Bladecharge
UnReyvel
BlackWarGreymon
skeletronlord
The Brodie
kyosuke kiryu
15 posters

descriptionBring Competition to DA? (Teams) EmptyBring Competition to DA? (Teams)

more_horiz
We should have a dedicated section for teams, with more members in DA, we can finally make teams a thing again to make it more competitive, what do you guys think?

descriptionBring Competition to DA? (Teams) EmptyRe: Bring Competition to DA? (Teams)

more_horiz
#WhyNot

descriptionBring Competition to DA? (Teams) EmptyRe: Bring Competition to DA? (Teams)

more_horiz
sounds nice

more_horiz
+1

more_horiz
+1

more_horiz
Admins and Mods

Please make a dedicated section for it here on the forum.

more_horiz
I tired to amek one but no one came to m team

more_horiz
With that being said, if we were to push for teams and hosting wars within the forum, we may need to drop what is currently in place or just boost it @CrimsonOverlord

I am and have always been for teams within the forum, but have seen the inconsistency ever since it was initially dropped. You (members) are truly dedicated to leading/being a member of a team, and will to your best ability remain active? The scene requires alot of activity for it to remain active, and as I've seen things go, statistics show that it simply won't work.

It is your duty, as well as Staff, if implementation is done, to prove the members of DA today will not be a statistic. Show you truly want this by posting in this thread.

more_horiz
A proposal should be more detailed.

Teams aren't easy to implement in our forum. They require a relatively large dedicated members base for it to work. In a sense, in order to establish a successful teams structure we first need to define teams, their quantities, rules, acts, procedures and all related processes including dueling formats, proper team management, and other matters related to successfully compete against other teams.

Beside, it's not "please mod and admins make teams section" kind of thing. As a veteran you should know such decisions aren't made on a whim. They take time to put together in proper manners. Such processes takes time.

Once everything is presented properly, only then you start voting.

more_horiz
teams have been tried many times. We aren't large enough atm for it

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:

Teams aren't easy to implement in our forum. They require a relatively large dedicated members base for it to work. In a sense, in order to establish a successful teams structure we first need to define teams, their quantities, rules, acts, procedures and all related processes including dueling formats, proper team management, and other matters related to successfully compete against other teams.

Beside, it's not "please mod and admins make teams section" kind of thing. As a veteran you should know such decisions aren't made on a whim. They take time to put together in proper manners. Such processes takes time.

Every single time I see teams made on this forum they die within the next two months. This needs to be done carefully

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
Anzo wrote:

Every single time I see teams made on this forum they die within the next two months. This needs to be done carefully

Yehhh
There was a huge hype couple of weeks ago with these teams. I joined one but there wasn't even a single duel between them.

more_horiz
That is true. Implementing teams do not only need a very well developed system, but also a decent activity and a larger community. The way teams have been done, is not the proper or the efficient way. We'll need time to work on it.

more_horiz
I have nothing against this. The only problem I see here, as mentioned before, is activity.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:

It's not really a proposal, thus why I did not detail it. It's more of a discussion thread to see what the community wants. The detailed stuff comes later. I mean in forum the activity is not as great as our Discord channel. If you have noticed, we have gained a good amount of people which by the way they are doing a good job as doing BA's. These people want competition, so we should give them teams!

more_horiz
You mean like a war team or teams within DA?

either way activity will be the major factor

Disregarding skill, population is also a problem, as there are not many people who play the game than before, and the way i see it not many people are dedicated to the game like they should be if they want teams to happen, we pratically have 2 or 3 slifers leaving the discord chat daily .-.

more_horiz
If yall bring teams, i'm going to start matrix clan and we're going to troll all the other teams.

more_horiz
For those who dont think we are active y'all must not pay attention to discord, I strongly believe we can bring teams back this time around, don't get discouraged because of the failed previous times;

more_horiz
Inner academy war scene is easy to implement as it's already ready in the admin archive Bring Competition to DA? (Teams) 3974120512 the problem is activity. Many times I tried to revive inner forum teams and wars and failed as many times.

As much fun as it is DA simpley hasnt have a large enough active user pool for it to work efficiently if at all sadly.

The only feasible way I could see it being active is limiting teams to 3 members each and form some sort of league. But that is also alot of work for something that isn't necasilly going to work.

I know we all sound like doom lords but we aren't we just trying to save staff time and members disappointed.

more_horiz
The thing is that this academy didn't have me Smile

more_horiz
No that is true Bring Competition to DA? (Teams) 3974120512 but trust me not even Jesus Christ himself could make inner academy wars viable here again lol

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
Inner academy war scene is easy to implement as it's already ready in the admin archive Bring Competition to DA? (Teams) 3974120512 the problem is activity. Many times I tried to revive inner forum teams and wars and failed as many times.

As much fun as it is DA simpley hasnt have a large enough active user pool for it to work efficiently if at all sadly.

The only feasible way I could see it being active is limiting teams to 3 members each and form some sort of league. But that is also alot of work for something that isn't necasilly going to work.

I know we all sound like doom lords but we aren't we just trying to save staff time and members disappointed.

Thank you

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
For those who dont think we are active y'all must not pay attention to discord, I strongly believe we can bring teams back this time around, don't get discouraged because of the failed previous times;

most of the 'active' users are the oldies and the new slifers, both in which are probably getting back into the game and both who arent as dedicated as they once were (well in oldies case), it would be also kinda mean if we made teams and only like 1 or 2 teams have all the power

more_horiz
Does not hurt to try even if it might be disappointing. I mean, if it's in archive, it's not like you have to do much, but just make it public again, and voila!

I will be in charge of the stuff alongside Nova, and whoever else wants to help. But I am making it happen!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply