Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[20AP] Cosmic Blazar Dragon Empty[20AP] Cosmic Blazar Dragon

more_horiz
So this is a monster that was apperantly used by Yusei Fudo in an alternative timeline during the show but was never shown only briefly mentioned. Here is a comment I found on youtube that I think explains the history of the card on the anime and how it got to being made as a card: 
"Cosmic Blazar Dragon is a Delta Accel Synchro monster which only exists in the anime (it's an anime-only classification). The card and monster was never shown in the entire series - only the name was mentioned. It was a veeerrrry obscure one-time mention. It was said to be the card Yusei used in an alternate future, but the card name was very faint and hard to make out. Needless to say, the Yu-Gi-Oh fandom would not let even a single small detail go by. They managed to make out the name of the card, and asked the director of the 5Ds anime himself. The director (Katsumi Ono) said that they haven't decided what to do with the card back in 2011. It was such an obscure thing after all. I bet the director just randomly made a name for the card, and he didn't actually expect people to go crazy over it. Regardless, the card is now being printed in 2017 February - a little less than 6 years after its initial mention."

With that said, here is the effect and the image: 
[20AP] Cosmic Blazar Dragon Cz7f2q10

20AP-JP051 コズミック・ブレイザー・ドラゴン Cosmic Blazar Dragon
Level 12 WIND Dragon-Type Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 4000
DEF 4000
Synchro Materials: 1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 2 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
(1) During either player’s turn, you can activate 1 of these effects.
● When your opponent activates a card or effect: You can banish this card until the End Phase; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.
● When your opponent would Summon a monster(s): You can banish this card until the End Phase; negate the Summon, and if you do, destroy that monster(s).
● When an opponent’s monster declares an attack: You can banish this card until the End Phase; negate that attack, then end the Battle Phase

description[20AP] Cosmic Blazar Dragon EmptyRe: [20AP] Cosmic Blazar Dragon

more_horiz
Quasar feels better, or am i missing something

more_horiz
Why would I even bother myself with million summons and synchros to summon a bitch ass dragon that can't even end a game...

more_horiz
I actually belive this card is better in todays game. Reasons is while admitedly this guy can't really get that potential 8000 damage quasar can, it can stop pendulum summons. It also banishes itself so it cannot get run by things like utopia. 

Basically an Omega on steroids [20AP] Cosmic Blazar Dragon 3974120512

more_horiz
Oh shit ur right

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
I actually belive this card is better in todays game. Reasons is while admitedly this guy can't really get that potential 8000 damage quasar can, it can stop pendulum summons. It also banishes itself so it cannot get run by things like utopia. 

Quasar summons SSD, also why want to negate pendulum summons when you can end the game the turn you drop quasar?

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:

No

The card is shit

more_horiz
The cards isn't shit Wink look at it in actiona dn you will see.

more_horiz
this card is without a doubt shit compaired to Shooting Quasar Dragon

more_horiz
Fuck off yall, it look sexy as hell [20AP] Cosmic Blazar Dragon 3974120512

more_horiz
they look exactly the same. just different poses

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
The cards isn't shit Wink look at it in actiona dn you will see.

I'm pretty much sure that I can determine if the card is good or not, wtf is wrong with you Obelisks?
Fucking Shapesnatch is more usefull than this

It's a Quasar that cannot finish the game. Period.

more_horiz
Ay seems pep loves this card, so guess its personal. I still think quasar is better, but maybe im missing the bigger picture

more_horiz
It isn't as good as Quasar. Lore-wise it makes sense not to be, since the whole reason Yusei beat Z-ONE is because Z-ONE expected Yusei to summon Cosmic Blazar Dragon, which he had ways to defeat due to the alternate timeline stuff. But he didn't know Yusei had Shooting Quasar Dragon, and was defeated by that.

Cosmic Blazar Dragon doesn't stay on the field when it negates something, it doesn't float when it dies. Although it has a wider amount of utility for what it can do (it's a walking Solemn Judgment, after all) that also means it can be baited out a lot more easily. Plus once it gets baited out you've got an open field to pummel, whereas if you bait Quasar, you still have to destroy it with something else (so outing it is a minimum 2-card commitment, 3 if you count getting rid of the Shooting Star Dragon that comes after it) whereas you could get Blazar out of the way then proceed to make plays to get it out of the way for good next turn.

It's cute, but eh. Sifr is still my favourite of the 12* synchros.

more_horiz
Both quasar and this are bad given the amount of resources it takes 3ple omega probabbly takes the same resources

more_horiz
There are personal opinions so chill guys. Don't make a fuss over little things.

Personally I think Quasar is better than Cosmic Blazar but Cosmiboi has better graphic.

more_horiz
Finally! The guy is basically godly looking . 

Idk I feel a connection to the card somehow [20AP] Cosmic Blazar Dragon 3974120512

more_horiz
Asuna wrote:
It isn't as good as Quasar. Lore-wise it makes sense not to be, since the whole reason Yusei beat Z-ONE is because Z-ONE expected Yusei to summon Cosmic Blazar Dragon, which he had ways to defeat due to the alternate timeline stuff. But he didn't know Yusei had Shooting Quasar Dragon, and was defeated by that.

Cosmic Blazar Dragon doesn't stay on the field when it negates something, it doesn't float when it dies. Although it has a wider amount of utility for what it can do (it's a walking Solemn Judgment, after all) that also means it can be baited out a lot more easily. Plus once it gets baited out you've got an open field to pummel, whereas if you bait Quasar, you still have to destroy it with something else (so outing it is a minimum 2-card commitment, 3 if you count getting rid of the Shooting Star Dragon that comes after it) whereas you could get Blazar out of the way then proceed to make plays to get it out of the way for good next turn.

It's cute, but eh. Sifr is still my favourite of the 12* synchros.

Which is why Blazar is just Stardust Assault Mode/Omega while Quasar is Synchro God xD

more_horiz
lol ofc this wont be as good as quasar

Spoiler :

In short, Delta Accel (Cosmic Blazar) is meant to be worse than Limit Over Accel (Quasar), Quasar was the symbol that Yusei will save the future that Z-ONE intended to save and changed but failed. Delta was the limit of synchro originally, so yeah

List of chetness synchro method in 5ds anime: Normal Synchro < Accel Syn. (Shooting Star, T.G. Blade Gunner) =(?) Double Tuning (Scarred Nova) < Delta Accel (T.G. halbert cannon max something something, Cosmic Blazer) < Limit Over Accel Synchro (Quasar)

more_horiz
In short Blazer is cute ^^

more_horiz
What's with all these Accel Synchro, Delta Accel and Limit Over Accel?

I should finish Gx soon. 5D's looks interesting.

Yeah I'm a latecomer.

more_horiz
well by definition

Accel is sync using only synchro monsters during opponent's turn, delta is using 3 synchro monsters, n limit over is using 5 heh

the rest r spoilers so

more_horiz
Ok so in short I should watch it.

more_horiz
u mean "k."

more_horiz
Yeah, 5Ds has always interested me but I just didn't get to watch it till the end lol. Stoped at like episode 50

more_horiz
well as everybody in japan say "second part of 5ds is best of ygo" heh I wud say one of the best part but ppl in the west have a diff mind set so idk

first 50 eps of 5ds is pretty weird within the series, as the first part of 5ds is clearly aimed for teen level audience but chet, some ppl like it most for that reason but some ppl hate it the most for that reason, lol

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply