Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[20AP] Necrovalley Erata  Empty[20AP] Necrovalley Erata

more_horiz
Yep people necrovalley will get like it's 7th name change (well if the change comes to the TCG too lol). Let me just tell RIP to @Alisae before you read the change. 

A reminder of the old effect: 
All “Gravekeeper’s” monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF. Cards in either player’s Graveyard cannot be banished. Negate any card effect that would move a card in the Graveyard, other than itself, to a different place.

Now I will copy-paste what I saw on YGO organization: 

Up to this point in the OCG, Necrovalley has worked in essentially the same way as the TCG version is currently written (although players familiar with its history might remember that it took more than a few tries for the TCG to get it right).

However, in the new 20th Anniversary Pack printing, the card states something closer to “negate any card effect that applies to cards in the Graveyard”, which is effectively omitting the “other than itself” part. (The definition of “applies to cards in the Graveyard” is still the same; it means moving cards to a different place.)

The result is that Necrovalley becomes a much stronger floodgate, because it will negate effects of cards that do take themselves out of the Graveyard that it previously allowed, such as Paleozoics’ Graveyard effects, Glow-Up Bulb, Sinister Serpent, Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World, Metalfoes Fusion’s second effect, Madolche monsters’ common effects, and so forth. More in-depth individual rulings will follow when I get around to posting the 20AP rulings.
It is currently unknown if and when this change will occur in the TCG, as with the other updated cards in 20AP.

What are you thoughts on this new change? Do you think it was necessary? RIP Pleozoics? (+winks at bote) 
Will keep you updated if anything new surounding this new erata or any rullings connected to it show up ^^ 

description[20AP] Necrovalley Erata  EmptyRe: [20AP] Necrovalley Erata

more_horiz
yea just a stronger floodgate nothing more

more_horiz
A stronger floodgate that can technically destroy some decks single handedly? Yeah lol, it's pretty dope

more_horiz
Cards usually get erata when they're broken so the things could be more balanced. This time it's exactly the opposite...

more_horiz
Lol, it's like Konami heards us not wanting them to make old cards worse...so they made the exact opposite [20AP] Necrovalley Erata  3974120512 made them even more op

more_horiz
I love it. I've been messing with Gravekeepers recently in anticipation of the errata, and I think it may well solidify them as being the go-to anti-meta deck. It'll punish basically every one of the current meta decks aside from maybe Zoodiacs, but once you out them or stop them mid-play, they lose a ton of resources. It's great.

more_horiz
It's pretty wizard

more_horiz
As a guy with tons of anti-meta decks, I love this.

more_horiz
I hate anti-meta...

more_horiz
Anti-meta  = Real Yugioh
Meta = Konami sheeps

more_horiz
Things is most of the time anti-meta fucks up non-meta decks too...

more_horiz
Well if you think anti-meta is a form of meta then you won't hate it much.

more_horiz
Meh, I just dislike having something that is completely made to reck something else [20AP] Necrovalley Erata  3974120512

more_horiz
I like that they're toying with the idea of using their approach of tweaked re-releases ( even if I don't really care much for the concept ) to buff cards too, it will interesting to see where they go with the idea.
Just.. Why buff Necrovalley of all things!?  UGH! [20AP] Necrovalley Erata  3356849850

Well, I guess all the Stun Mainers have something to cheer about.

Unfortunately for the rest of us that means we'll probably have to deal with more stun lists popping up... >>

more_horiz
lol I have always wished the ATK boost wud change but they touched this part instead, op

but ok then

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply