Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Battle City Tournament Is Starting! :)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
Anzo
Etwizzy
Lux
WondeRy
DDS
Heartbreaker
10 posters

descriptionBattle City Tournament Is Starting! :) - Page 2 EmptyBattle City Tournament Is Starting! :)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Good evening friends, it's been a few days and it's my final draft of the Battle City Tournament. You will have 6000 Life Points, You will not be able to attack on the first turn. If your character you pick was not only in Battle City but also in Duelist Kingdom (Peagsus) You have the option to use a mixture of cards they used in Duelist Kingdom as well. You have the option to use 40 or 60 cards in your deck. You may only use one of the Egyptian god cards in your deck and only one copie. Only one field will be in effect no matter if their are two up. You may use banned cards. I was spoken to earlier on the note of how many monster reborn will be avaible for use, and I know monster reborn is banned so I would think you could only use one. Yugioh 1st generation had many twist and climaxes in it so WINGED DRAGON OF RA- SPHERE MODE will be avaible for use in your deck. Final countdown, destiny board, and exodia are not allowed as deck choices. The Winged Dragon of Ra will have both effects so you won't have to pick between attack points and it's effect that allows you to pay 1000 life points to destroy a card on the field. Slifer will keep all it's effects. That creator of the gods field crap will not be allowed in your deck. Obelisk can be targeted by monster effects but not traps and spells. I will not be attending the tourney but I will be spectating the duels to make sure everything is going fine. You may only have one mirror force, one swords of revealing light, and one reversal quiz in your deck. You are not allowed to use Millennium Shield in your deck. Labyrinth wall and Labyrinth and wall shadow are allowed. You are allowed to only use one Dark Necrofear in your deck. You may only  use 1 chain energy.

Last edited by Heartbreaker on Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited because forgot to add a rule.)

descriptionBattle City Tournament Is Starting! :) - Page 2 EmptyRe: Battle City Tournament Is Starting! :)

more_horiz
WondeRy wrote:
Anzo wrote:
Do you remember how Battle City was run back in the day?

Each player will have play whoever accepts their challenge, winner earn his opponent rarest card plus his locator card. We can drop the rare card part in our version of Battle City and replace it with a few DP exchange from your opponent's DPs. You win you get DPs from your opponent and also take one of his locator cards. For instance, in our version of Battle City, let us presume that each player will sign-up with 500 Event fee, and 3 Locator Cards. You win a match against someone you get 100 DP and take one of his locator cards.

It doesn't has to be exactly the same it was run in the anime, we can always be inventive.

Anzo your version of the Battle City is just like a BA duel. The concept with the older decks is better in my opinion because I think that nostalgia ,and decks that the new players never knew existed,can be used (which equals fun). Also lets say that we drop the rare card part - then the event will become something like BA's with 3 lives. Also locator cards are required for the final stage of the event right? So if you give your locator cards to another person there is a possibility that the first round will take too long since some people can be stuck at 1-2 locator cards.

You can do something else like the secret dungeon event where certain mods can be the characters from the series and you start with a basic structure deck. To avoid that similarity with the secret dungeon we can think of something else but yeah an event is better than tournament for Battle City.

MANUKE GA, I am already thinking of a way that is as close as the Battle City. You get to look at your opponent's deck and choose one "rare" card from there and put it in your side deck. (Not really for siding purpose but for swapping cards before duel. Just like Battle City Royal, all the duels will be singles and NO deck switching will be allowed. Just like in the anime again, the first 8 person who gets 6 puzzle cards will advance to the second part. The other details I will give out later so yeah DIO.

descriptionBattle City Tournament Is Starting! :) - Page 2 EmptyRe: Battle City Tournament Is Starting! :)

more_horiz
WondeRy wrote:
Anzo wrote:
Do you remember how Battle City was run back in the day?

Each player will have play whoever accepts their challenge, winner earn his opponent rarest card plus his locator card. We can drop the rare card part in our version of Battle City and replace it with a few DP exchange from your opponent's DPs. You win you get DPs from your opponent and also take one of his locator cards. For instance, in our version of Battle City, let us presume that each player will sign-up with 500 Event fee, and 3 Locator Cards. You win a match against someone you get 100 DP and take one of his locator cards.

It doesn't has to be exactly the same it was run in the anime, we can always be inventive.

Anzo your version of the Battle City is just like a BA duel. The concept with the older decks is better in my opinion because I think that nostalgia ,and decks that the new players never knew existed,can be used (which equals fun). Also lets say that we drop the rare card part - then the event will become something like BA's with 3 lives. Also locator cards are required for the final stage of the event right? So if you give your locator cards to another person there is a possibility that the first round will take too long since some people can be stuck at 1-2 locator cards.

You can do something else like the secret dungeon event where certain mods can be the characters from the series and you start with a basic structure deck. To avoid that similarity with the secret dungeon we can think of something else but yeah an event is better than tournament for Battle City.

You guys are seeking something called Battle City, but we can't host something that old with the modern cards unless we make some compromises first.

If Battle City were to be an event where people gather Locator cards to reach the next round then it is nothing like Battle Arena duels. In BA you play a match with any other player and that's it, there is no next stage or another purpose of that particular match except at the end of DA Circuit season where you collect your Rank-up prize should you have earned any. If you're going to compare this to a BA duel then everything around you is a BA duel; Tournaments, events, friendly duels, etc. However, when there is a greater purpose of that one match where you earn yourself a few extra Duel Points then suddenly it has a legit purpose, It is no longer something random.

In Battle City you're supposed to play everyone else within the city, it's more like Swiss-rounds system only difference here is that BC has one round instead of multiple ones; the one with most wins and locator cards collected advances to the next round. It's why the event is called Battle City and not battle neighborhood.

The event's round might drag out, and you might run out of opponents to challenge in due time; however, when that happens then we could simply pick those with most locator cards collected and kick off the next phase of the event.

Again, as I said earlier, I have no intention in interfering with this whole Battle City event. I'm merely providing an addition insight in case @DDS decided to host this thing. You are by no means obligated to take by my opinion on this matter Wink

more_horiz
Anzo, u saw my post? ._. yeah, that is decided, we are not using old decks >.>

more_horiz
Saw it, yes - but, did i read it? no. :>

more_horiz
Ergh >.> well, we are not using old decks, to be short. Also I have set up the rules for how is it going to be already.

more_horiz
BA duels are the duels that are based on the latest content of Yu-Gi-Oh and the latest set of rules/banlists so yeah every event that is following the latest banlist and the latest rules can be considered as a swiss round of BAs. For example WC tournament is a BA TCG banlist tournament. There are other tournaments and events like the pegasus challenge and the secret dungeon though that rely on their own rules therefore they are not similar to the BAs. Also the main idea that Heart had was to host an-anime-like tournament (that should be an event not a tournament) based on Battle City not some modern version of the Battle City ,which is totally the same thing as the circuit (people duel people and instead of elo gain locator cards lol so diverse). The idea of these events are to be fun and entertaining not that dull same thing and since I know you stopped playing so you don't really get how annoyed most of us are when you duel 9 guys and you face 2 or 3 different decks at most. Getting locked down or OTKed is kinda what the game is all about nowadays so I thought that we could use a tournament like that for the old times where tribute monsters were the boss monsters and traps and spells were used as combo pieces,not to win the game by themselves. If we do a modern version of Battle City with the latest banlist and set of rules (which kinda changed atm there is a new rule about the damage step) what decks do you think people will enter with? Their main decks that they are already using in all other tournaments! If thats the case just host a normal TCG swiss tournament and after some rounds do a top cut single elimination.

more_horiz
I only read half through your post lol

Anyhow, this should go down to a poll I presume. Too many conflicted preferences :D

more_horiz
WondeRy wrote:
BA duels are the duels that are based on the latest content of Yu-Gi-Oh and the latest set of rules/banlists so yeah every event that is following the latest banlist and the latest rules can be considered as a swiss round of BAs. For example WC tournament is a BA TCG banlist tournament. There are other tournaments and events like the pegasus challenge and the secret dungeon though that rely on their own rules therefore they are not similar to the BAs. Also the main idea that Heart had was to host an-anime-like tournament (that should be an event not a tournament) based on Battle City not some modern version of the Battle City ,which is totally the same thing as the circuit (people duel people and instead of elo gain locator cards lol so diverse). The idea of these events are to be fun and entertaining not that dull same thing and since I know you stopped playing so you don't really get how annoyed most of us are when you duel 9 guys and you face 2 or 3 different decks at most. Getting locked down or OTKed is kinda what the game is all about nowadays so I thought that we could use a tournament like that for the old times where tribute monsters were the boss monsters and traps and spells were used as combo pieces,not to win the game by themselves. If we do a modern version of Battle City with the latest banlist and set of rules (which kinda changed atm there is a new rule about the damage step) what decks do you think people will enter with? Their main decks that they are already using in all other tournaments! If thats the case just host a normal TCG swiss tournament and after some rounds do a top cut single elimination.

MANUKE GA, let me shorten your paragraph into bullet points: 
1) We should use old decks just like the battle city.
2) It is due to the reason that if not people are just going to use the meta decks or stun decks that they are allowed to use in other tournaments. 
3) For BA and all other events we follow the newest format, this is meant to be a traditional event for people who enjoy the old times.
4) This is meant to be a anime-like tournament, we should follow the Battle City rules.

Well, let me ask you this: if the card effects themselves are not same as the anime ones, what is the point of following the old decks? They are just going to be a bunch of scrap paper stack together... In that case, we may just follow the anime card effects right? Which will cause confusions on DN; and impossible to do on Pros I guarantee you. Unless you can think of a way to get around with the anime card effects while using the anime rules, I won't suggest having pre-made decks and anime rules. If you have a problem with the deck choices, simply add a "No meta decks" to the rule.

Also, I don't recall other event run under the "Puzzle card system". You lost when your puzzle card number reaches 0. It's game over, no continues for them. You only start off with one in the beginning. You are free to bet up to 3 puzzle cards I recall. I don't think "TCG Swiss" works like that, eh? This is the element that makes this event unique, isn't it? As for the later stages, I will add something new and fresh to them, no worries, they are not going to be dull and plain just like any another tournaments. 

(WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! In other words: WRYtaro, even at this moment, you think like a human! You think like a human which can only live for a flash moment! Saying that this event will leave a bad taste to traditional players' mouth; saying you don't want to regret this tournament being hosted like others! These ways of thinking that can be compare to mouse shets in side the toilet are going to lead to your ultimate fail! However, this DIO doesn't have that kind of thoughts.... the only thing I have, is only one thing, which is to make this event interesting! That's all, that's all I need for satisfaction! ......The process......or the method.....SHALL NOT MATTER!!)

more_horiz
I wonder, if you really wanted to get an old-school vibe if you could use Highlander rules?

That way, it will feel more like the old school series, since it majorly limits archetypes, and the rare card rule becomes far more relevant, as you can take a card that is actually somewhat useful instead of a random archetype card that wouldn't fit into your deck anyway

EDIT: You could possibly also make it so that all participants get to choose one monster to represent their "ace" which nobody else can have in their deck. However, that card is their "Rare Card" and has to be the first card given away if they lose.

more_horiz
OH god this became a war field @.@

more_horiz
SilentKatana wrote:
I wonder, if you really wanted to get an old-school vibe if you could use Highlander rules?

That way, it will feel more like the old school series, since it majorly limits archetypes, and the rare card rule becomes far more relevant, as you can take a card that is actually somewhat useful instead of a random archetype card that wouldn't fit into your deck anyway

EDIT: You could possibly also make it so that all participants get to choose one monster to represent their "ace" which nobody else can have in their deck. However, that card is their "Rare Card" and has to be the first card given away if they lose.

Highlander rules?

You mean 10 monsters, 10 Normal monsters, 10 Spells, 10 Traps?

If so, I've played in one of this tournament myself and I saw pretty good builded decks (I've  played against Mermails and I got rekt).

more_horiz
Highlander format was every playable card is treated as Limited.

So Semi-Limited & Unlimited become Limited.

1 copy for each card.

Banned stay banned.

more_horiz
Jv wrote:
Highlander format was every playable card is treated as Limited.

So Semi-Limited & Unlimited become Limited.

1 copy for each card.

Banned stay banned.

Not a bad idea thought I still vote for a option for pre-made character decks (if this is gonna happen).

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply