Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Battle City Tournament (Again)?

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+5
Lux
Anzo
Booked
Jv
Heartbreaker
9 posters

descriptionBattle City Tournament (Again)? - Page 2 EmptyBattle City Tournament (Again)?

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Good afternoon friends, and Happy Tuesday. Tomorrow is Hump Day so don't be too sad. I recently joined the academy so I'm not sure if there has been one before but I have a proposal for A tournament based on Battle City. Character decks from the duelist that were in that tournament in Yugioh 1st generation. Just seeing what I can do to make it a fun experience for all of us. Replies and thoughts welcomed from both staff and non staff, thank you and have a great day :D.

descriptionBattle City Tournament (Again)? - Page 2 EmptyRe: Battle City Tournament (Again)?

more_horiz
ParaBox wrote:
I will be adjusting the effects of the 3 cards then, however in that case, we DO need to have decks there are around those so in this scenario we may need pre-made decks, well let DDS decide the rest
Sounds good. If I'm not online when the decision is made please pm me on the academy. Also please relay this to DDS. TTYL

descriptionBattle City Tournament (Again)? - Page 2 EmptyRe: Battle City Tournament (Again)?

more_horiz
Your Battle city tournament idea seems to me just like a normal tournament with the card pool of battle city / banlist of battle city which kinda seems boring.

It will be better if you do something like teams -> for example team heros can use the decks of yugi ,joey,kaiba,tristan (lol) etc and team villains can be any treasure hunter deck ,marik,bakura etc.

Also you can make the battle city-like rules where you need to win locator cards to get to the final elimination which means swiss rounds (depending on the number of players) then top 8 single elimination. Even if we have 10 players in the tournament make a top 8 cut and being first through last matters. For example the first can duel the 8th,2nd vs 7th and so on.
On top of that because the egyptian god cards are really significant for this even the person with the highest score from the heros will get Osiris (slifer) and the one with the highest score from the villains will get Obelisk.

Other ideas can be added such as when you win in a match you can view the decklist of your opponent and copy (not steal like in the anime) one of his cards. Note- the decks will be character based and unique.To avoid the thing that always happens when character decks are used in a tournament (everyone chooses the best one or the most popular one) we can create unique decks for all participants and they can draw a deck at random.
Example - I wanna be a hero -> I draw from the deck pool -> I drew Tristan -> I have to play the Tristan deck for the tournament.Lets say that I win in the swiss vs Joey deck user -> I can get red-eyes black dragon or Jinzo or even a mystical space typhoon. What can I do with that card now? 3 options 
1st - Add it to my deck as long as my deck size is not higher than 60
2nd - Add it to my sidedeck (which is empty by default)
3rd - Add it to my deck and put a card from my main deck to my sidedeck(replacing)

There are more stuff that we can do like sphere mode ra for the finalists etc.

Share your thoughts

more_horiz
WondeRy wrote:
Your Battle city tournament idea seems to me just like a normal tournament with the card pool of battle city / banlist of battle city which kinda seems boring.

It will be better if you do something like teams -> for example team heros can use the decks of yugi ,joey,kaiba,tristan (lol) etc and team villains can be any treasure hunter deck ,marik,bakura etc.

Also you can make the battle city-like rules where you need to win locator cards to get to the final elimination which means swiss rounds (depending on the number of players) then top 8 single elimination. Even if we have 10 players in the tournament make a top 8 cut and being first through last matters. For example the first can duel the 8th,2nd vs 7th and so on.
On top of that because the egyptian god cards are really significant for this even the person with the highest score from the heros will get Osiris (slifer) and the one with the highest score from the villains will get Obelisk.

Other ideas can be added such as when you win in a match you can view the decklist of your opponent and copy (not steal like in the anime) one of his cards. Note- the decks will be character based and unique.To avoid the thing that always happens when character decks are used in a tournament (everyone chooses the best one or the most popular one) we can create unique decks for all participants and they can draw a deck at random.
Example - I wanna be a hero -> I draw from the deck pool -> I drew Tristan -> I have to play the Tristan deck for the tournament.Lets say that I win in the swiss vs Joey deck user -> I can get red-eyes black dragon or Jinzo or even a mystical space typhoon. What can I do with that card now? 3 options 
1st - Add it to my deck as long as my deck size is not higher than 60
2nd - Add it to my sidedeck (which is empty by default)
3rd - Add it to my deck and put a card from my main deck to my sidedeck(replacing)

There are more stuff that we can do like sphere mode ra for the finalists etc.

Share your thoughts

I agree here. But, I think that the Egyptian God Cards should remain in the original decks. That means Kaiba got Obelisk, Ra is in Marik's deck, and Slifer is in one of Rare Hunters deck.

more_horiz
So what are we talking about now? Are we talking about whether we should host this or how we should host this? It's two different questions.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
So what are we talking about now? Are we talking about whether we should host this or how we should host this? It's two different questions.

Well, a good number of people think we should host it, so I think all we need to decide now is If when you and DDS want me to post the poll, that will contain the following questions on what rules people would like to have in the tourney (2000 or 4000 LP? Which Egyptian god cards should be allowed or limited copies and effects. I will make the topic and have like for example

Gods: a. 1 copie b. 2 copies. c. 3 copies of (slifer) (obelisk) (ra).

So on with a vote on should banned cards be allowed, and can you use duelist kingdom and battle city cards in your deck if that character was in both tournaments on the show. If 20 people vote for a that would win the vote.

more_horiz
Heartbreaker wrote:
Anzo wrote:

Well, a good number of people think we should host it, so I think all we need to decide now is If when you and DDS want me to post the poll, that will contain the following questions on what rules people would like to have in the tourney (2000 or 4000 LP? Which Egyptian god cards should be allowed or limited copies and effects. I will make the topic and have like for example

Gods: a. 1 copie b. 2 copies. c. 3 copies of (slifer) (obelisk) (ra).

So on with a vote on should banned cards be allowed, and can you use duelist kingdom and battle city cards in your deck if that character was in both tournaments on the show. If 20 people vote for a that would win the vote.

If you are making BATTLE CITY tournament, you're using BATTLE CITY rules I assume which are 4000lp with direct attack (and many more, but we listed only this one).

more_horiz
I'm personally not against it, if this is fine by @DDS then we can have this tournament scheduled :D

more_horiz
Yes, let's start a topic in staff.

more_horiz
Or we can just discuss it here, it seems some of the members have some interesting ideas of their own, they might as well be part of this Wink

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Or we can just discuss it here, it seems some of the members have some interesting ideas of their own, they might as well be part of this  Smile

Everyone seems in favor of it. If anyone else wants to talk about it even though they haven't seen the topic when it's been discussed for a day, then I can make the poll and we can actually start this now. Is that alright with you?

more_horiz
Final saying goes to @DDS, he's the tournament organizer.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:

I pray eventually he'll give a response because he hasn't been giving an approve or a decline whenever he replies. Also, while I have you here and since I can't pm you directly. Ezekeil made a time for 3:30 pm no later this morning to duel me for the Peagsus Tournament #2 and He broke his commitment and said he had a book report or something to do instead. I'm tired of chasing him for an arrangement. I got one this morning and he broke his commitment. I don't want to be disqualified from the tourney with him in four days when Round 2 begins because he couldn't communicate.

more_horiz
Again you don't get my point Heartbreaker. If there is a banlist and restriction on the decks a lot of people wont even bother to join because they will make poor decks or the other option is to all netdeck a kaiba and yugi deck - which means that this wont be a battlecity tournament it will be just kaiba vs yugi vs marik with old banlist. Also dont use some weird roleplay anime rules - this will confuse the players and it is another reason why some guys wont join in the first place.

So to make this work you need :
-tournament plan (plan how the event is going to happen 1 or 2 stages)
-battle city mechanics (copy of a card of your choice from your opponents deck also list of cards that are limited such as monster reborn so you dont get the idea to get 3 monster reborns or raigeki or so on)
-premade character decks (have atleast 12  character decks prepared beforehand so that everybody gets to play something different)
-staff members(to help you with the tournament management and to help you with the whole procedure like using challonge,randomizers and so on)
-time (you need to devote a lot of time for this event)

So try to get some of these done. I can help with ideas and decks and whatever else. Also note that polls arent very effective since most people that vote on the poll don't actually participate in the event.Get your job done and present it to the admins and if they approve - just host it.

more_horiz
Heartbreaker wrote:
Anzo wrote:

I pray eventually he'll give a response because he hasn't been giving an approve or a decline whenever he replies. Also, while I have you here and since I can't pm you directly. Ezekeil made a time for 3:30 pm no later this morning to duel me for the Peagsus Tournament #2 and He broke his commitment and said he had a book report or something to do instead. I'm tired of chasing him for an arrangement. I got one this morning and he broke his commitment. I don't want to be disqualified from the tourney with him in four days when Round 2 begins because he couldn't communicate.

You'll have to talk it out with the host of Pegasus Tournament #2, I have no saying in that :D

However, what I know for sure is that if he didn't show up on time and the round deadline came close then you get the win regardless.

more_horiz
Just promote @DDS the #2 Structure Deck T.

this thime we can use the #2 Version of characters like Mark etc

more_horiz
time Marik

I was like who the fack is Mark lol

more_horiz
destiny wrote:
Heartbreaker wrote:
Anzo wrote:

You'll have to talk it out with the host of Pegasus Tournament #2, I have no saying in that :D

However, what I know for sure is that if he didn't show up on time and the round deadline came close then you get the win regardless.

Were not discussing the peagsus tournament -.-

more_horiz
WondeRy wrote:
Again you don't get my point Heartbreaker. If there is a banlist and restriction on the decks a lot of people wont even bother to join because they will make poor decks or the other option is to all netdeck a kaiba and yugi deck - which means that this wont be a battlecity tournament it will be just kaiba vs yugi vs marik with old banlist. Also dont use some weird roleplay anime rules - this will confuse the players and it is another reason why some guys wont join in the first place.

So to make this work you need :
-tournament plan (plan how the event is going to happen 1 or 2 stages)
-battle city mechanics (copy of a card of your choice from your opponents deck also list of cards that are limited such as monster reborn so you dont get the idea to get 3 monster reborns or raigeki or so on)
-premade character decks (have atleast 12  character decks prepared beforehand so that everybody gets to play something different)
-staff members(to help you with the tournament management and to help you with the whole procedure like using challonge,randomizers and so on)
-time (you need to devote a lot of time for this event)

Once DDS gives a yes or a no we can make progress and actually host it. I can input everyone's opinions into it but I need him to say yes or no first and it's taking him forever to do so.

So try to get some of these done. I can help with ideas and decks and whatever else. Also note that polls arent very effective since most people that vote on the poll don't actually participate in the event.Get your job done and present it to the admins and if they approve - just host it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply