Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionHide and Seek (Short Story) EmptyHide and Seek (Short Story)

more_horiz
Finally got around to finishing another one of these. I had writers block so I took something I plan to have happen in a future chapter of the novel I'm writing and just wrote it as a short story. Enjoy and please leave honest comments.

Hide and Seek

Bang Bang!!! The banging gets louder every second. Nate sits with his back against the wall, his teeth clattering and his whole body trembling. "Open up...I know you can here me. Tehee..." Says the female voice on the other side. As the banging continues, he starts knocking on the door to his sisters room.

"Annie, Connie, help!" No response.

"I'm opening the door now." The voice on the other side says, and the door starts to slowly
Nate quickly hides himself by crouching behind his toy box. He clasps his hands together, silently whispering something, as if praying.

Once the door is fully open, Mary walks in, one baby step after the other. "Where are you? Are you playing hide and seek?" she giggles, her blue and red eyes seeming to glow, illuminating the dark room like a pair of flashlights.

"One, two, three, I'm gonna find you."  She joyfully skips around the room, searching all over. When she gets to the door to his sisters room, she presses her ear against it. Her smile slowly gets wider, and she licks her lips. "I bet Annie and Connie will be nice enough to give me a clue~."

She knocks on their door, but no sound comes from the other side. "Open up, I can hear your sharp breaths"  

When no one responds yet again, Mary sighs then chuckles. "Locking me out? No, no, that won't do." The door suddenly erupts in flames, and a screaming voice can be heard on the other side. Mary begins skipping inside when Nate shouts "No!"

He quickly covers his mouth, but she spins around at the sound of his voice.
"You are here! Come on out, I only want to play a little." She takes a book out of the stack, skimming through the pages. When she sits it back down with the rest, they all burn to a crisp instantly.

She kicks down his block tower, setting them all on fire. Then she takes one of the drawings of him and his sisters off the wall, and draws herself into it. Once she puts it back in its place, the rest all catch fire. "This is so much fun! I can smell your fear, taste your despair, and feel your wrath! Won't you come play with me?"

She continues setting everything on fire until there's only one thing left. "I wonder, could you be in the toy box?" Bending over to search through the contents of his toy box, Mary's long, silky black hair brushes against his face, and he gasps. She peeks behind the toy box, and their eyes lock.
"I found you, so I win!" She traces her finger across his face, which he swats away, stumbling back.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?!" He demands.

The expression on her face changes from sadistic cruelty to pain, tears streaming down her face as if she had been holding them in the whole time.

"Why...why don't you recognize me! We're supposed to be one and the same!" She cries, blowing her nose on her short black dress.

"Shut up! Just go home! Stay away from my family!" He yells at her.

She cups her hand under his chin, staring directly into his eyes. The world around him begins to get hazy, and he wobbles back and forth, feeling his consciousness fading away. "But...I am family. I'm your twin, Nate. Why don't you know who I am?"

Then he silently collapses.

descriptionHide and Seek (Short Story) EmptyRe: Hide and Seek (Short Story)

more_horiz
Really cool, I would love to read the rest of the story.
i think you can go throught the description of the characters even more but it may make the story longer than it should be, anyway i really liked this

more_horiz
This one had the same vibe as the last one, chill Linda its only natural.

more_horiz
Why so serious? okay honestly its amazingly dark, seems like that's your type of writing

more_horiz
@Quasar: Thanks! I can link you the rest on my devinat.art if you want
@Skit: Chill? o.o
@Dusk: Yeah thats my way of writing

more_horiz
@Linda-senpai Yes please

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply