Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[Short Story] Practice Empty[Short Story] Practice

more_horiz
The story is based on my real event Smile So it won't have any plot. Also my writing skill is bad.

Cold air.....The weather is changing. I pretty like the atmosphere of winter. Wearing warm clothes.....Hot coffee.....Everyone knows that feeling. It always makes me chill when walking outside, wandering around and improvise a melody in my head. I head back to my home, then think about what to do that makes me feel the same instead of just walking around. I know, it's staying at home, sitting next to my sleeping dog and practicing the Jazz. Staring at my dog, I pat its head then open the piano. Hm.....today I need to practice the Blues. That's not my favorite kind of Jazz, but since I already decided to follow this music, I must know everything. I grab the sheet, place it nicely on the piano:

Moanin' :

The song is in F.....so the blues scale will be: F Ab Bb B C Eb F. The scale sounds nice, but let's just wait when I combine the chords with my improvisation from that scale.

Sounds Similar To :

URGH! Sounds bad! How come Blues sounds so annoying? I don't like this at all. It really hurts my ears and I'm afraid that my dog may feel the same, too. I stand up, go to the kitchen and make a cup of coffee. That's how I make myself relaxed again from something annoying that happens.
"Can I really avoid the Blues, or accept it and learn it all?"
I just thought like that. Inside my head now there are so many things that I have to decide. I'm not that fond of Black Jazz. Not to be racist here, but White Jazz is really more peaceful. After taking a little time thinking, I go back to the piano with the coffee. Opening the song "Misty" and listening to it. It's really peaceful, unlike Moanin', so I decide to play this little Ballad piece.

Misty :

Warm house.....sleeping dog.....chilly melodies.....All are combining together. I'll never play the Blues again.....even though I won't be accepted as a Jazz musician.....
As usual, I go to see a student's Jazz quartet, includes saxophone, piano, bass, drum, a perfect recipe. And today they are going to play.....Blues? Ah, it's that kind of Black Jazz again. Seriously, it's hurting my ears. How can everyone feel nothing? Or I just that suck? To not be able to listen to this, but I keep listening and listening. since it's a must for me to learn. Soon, my left feet keeps stomping. My heart keeps beating, beating like the Blues's rhythm. Is this.....Am I getting used to it? Feeling the rhythm, the melodies, that's not hard at all. The Blues they play is happy, they also. Is it just because I hate Blues in the first place that I'm unable to learn it? Is it just because I haven't played it right? Is it just because.....I like to be chilled so much that I forgot about how to be happy? I should be ashamed.....Let me just listen to it a little bit more.....
After the practice, I ask the piano guy how to play Blues the way he does. Do you know what he answered?
"Play with your ears. Play your music."
"How about playing with my band? You may understand something." - He offers.
I sit, choosing a Blues song to play. They sure have so many sheets, but my eyes suddenly focus on a song: Moanin'. Maybe if I play this peace, I'll figure out what I got wrong. The drummer starts, so.....let's do this.
The sax sounds nice. How could I say it's annoying before? I really like this. Hahaha.....I'm  playing while laughing and crying at the same time. This is so nice. If I ever missed this practice, I'd have never become a real Jazz musician. I must thank him. He really just made me a better person.
I'm going home. This time, I don't wander around and improvise in my head anymore. Instead of that, I head back to my home and practice something called "Jazz".
"Hey Mick! I have discovered something! Believe me! This won't hurt your ears anymore!" - Said me to my dog.
I'm doing it right. I'm still playing, and my dog is still sleeping next to me, without being annoyed.....
Cold air.....The weather is changing. I pretty like the atmosphere of winter. Wearing warm clothes.....Hot coffee.....Everyone knows that feeling. It always makes me happy when staying at home, practicing the Blues. Happy atmosphere? I have never experienced it before. Tonight is a happy night.....

description[Short Story] Practice EmptyRe: [Short Story] Practice

more_horiz
I stopped where it says "practicing the Jazz".

more_horiz
Oh damn you 20.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply