Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

OO! OO! I have an idea!

+10
Enriki
Atticus Rhodes
Nekofjung
Near
DrakonEX
King Of Games
KingWolfy
MUFC
Kira Amadeus
PrinceHayzel
14 posters

descriptionOO! OO! I have an idea! EmptyOO! OO! I have an idea!

more_horiz
What about a user Tourney area!? DA members could set up our own tournaments with their own rules and rewards for it. They'd make a thread putting the rules and guidelines rewards and how to enter then for it to become legit, a mod could post in the second post as a confirmation that it was okay -^_^-

descriptionOO! OO! I have an idea! EmptyRe: OO! OO! I have an idea!

more_horiz
Thats a good idea and a staff member can give his aproval but the only thing could be so that noone can cheat every member that wants to participate must give 50 dp and the winner takes all or a quarter i don't know other staff to decide (admins) so that you won't cheat and win lets say more than 400 (400 would be max prize 1st place)

more_horiz
Okay ^-^<3 Kira-senpai is so cool ^^ *goes back to brainstorming for more ideas*

more_horiz
Agree with Kira.

more_horiz
^-^ <3

more_horiz
Hmm. That is cool, but honestly wouldn't that create a hassle? So many wanting to make their own tournaments? I mean, I know that they have to be approved, but it adds more on to the work load of the people that has to monitor it and everything else.

Not saying it shouldn't be done, but what's the best way to keep it completely organized and hassle free?

Also, Prince, I do like the idea, just have to look at all sides. Razz

more_horiz
Ok then maybe if someone can't handle it he can ask me to clear it and stuff i'd like to if i'm free and another thing no more then 3 tournaments like this a month and if you know me Wolfi i think you'll know that i can handle almost everything in here nothing is to hard maybe admin control panel which i don't have power to use so the rest can be handled by me Razz

more_horiz
Maybe if you wish to post a tourney you have to pay DP ^^!

more_horiz
Kira Amadeus wrote:
Ok then maybe if someone can't handle it he can ask me to clear it and stuff i'd like to if i'm free and another thing no more then 3 tournaments like this a month and if you know me Wolfi i think you'll know that i can handle almost everything in here nothing is to hard maybe admin control panel which i don't have power to use so the rest can be handled by me Razz
Heh. Yes, Kira I know you. I know very well how you can handle yourself and things here in the academy. Well, if you are willing to look over it, then I throw my vote in it. I'll even try my best to help it out; if I am allowed to that is. (In a sense, I am an "Advanced Senior Member" here. Lol. Smile)
Prince, I support your idea in full. Time to see what the administrators think.

more_horiz
*hugs his pillow* Yay! I'm useful ^^

more_horiz
i think this is a nice idea
it will make members more active
theyll have more fun
cuz theyll oorganise the tourneys that they want.
I think it must be approved

more_horiz
*is feeling special* ^///^

more_horiz
Yah nice ideea. I wish we could do this kind of turnament faster cuz it sounds fun.

more_horiz
yay.

I can host strange tournaments.

Like only water monsters. or the stronger monster is destroyed the weaker monster stays on field.

Draw 2 cards instead of one.

Start dueling with no card in hand.

No battle damage and only card eff damge.

win with 5 exodia in grave.

Endurance Duel

All starts with 4000 lp

And lp dose not restart for the rest of the tournament and one reach 0 lose

all with lp lefts keeps on dueling.

And so much more ideas.

more_horiz
I want to Hold A Tarrot tournament ^^
It will be teamed and each team will represent a tarrot card ^^ and each one will have a card that they have to have on the field at the beginning of the duel ^^

I also want to do a Spirit Card TOurney XD

more_horiz
Okay. This is not the place to discuss this. Please stop posting those kind of post. (Ex. I want to host this or that.) PM each other about that.

more_horiz
Sorry ^^;;;; At least it shows people are getting enthused by the idea ^^;;;

Legit question! If this goes into effect, how soon can we expect to see it happen?

more_horiz
Don't get carried away too quickly everyone. EJ and I have not yet approved such a thing as user-hosted tournies. Even if actually hosting the tournies does get approved, I can almost guarantee you will not be allowed to give out prizes to the winners so it would just have to be "for fun".

The problem with regular users hosting tournies is that the regular users aren't always going to be committed to being a good host, organization of the tournies can fall to 2nd rate levels, and issues that come up during a tournie in regards to fairness (they always do come up) may not get properly dealt with.

I'm not saying that it is 100% decided that they will not happen, but I'm saying don't be jumping the gun with this. Something that may happen instead might be a suggestion box for users to post tournies they would like to see hosted on DA by staff. Then staff could look them over and choose the best ones and make official DA tournies out of them.

more_horiz
I know how the Meister thinks heh. So I suppose we just wait for their decisions. I like how you posted that it could become a way for the tournies to become official. I think that would work better.
*Also, Neko, seeing as how I get on as often as I can. I need to know if you all will be participating in the TAU event. Please let me know. PM is the best way as of right now. (My regular comp is going through hard times.)*

more_horiz
I honestly think this isn't a good idea. Meh, the basic idea might be alright but at the moment I think it's too vague. How about an admin makes a request topic where members can request to host tournies? That way staff can keep track of these unofficial tournies, and there'll be a limited amount of them at a time. Less chaos for everyone.

more_horiz
What chaos we are talking like only 1 (best) tournament like this per month

more_horiz
This sounds like a really cool idea! Cant wait till it gets implemented.

descriptionOO! OO! I have an idea! Emptyopinion

more_horiz
I have seen other academies ( that are more free with members) that let you host tournament. Its fun because everyone can host tournaments and actually give prizes for it. We are Just having fun and all but if their is no prize hosting tournaments is not gonna be such a good idea.

more_horiz
Dont u guys think this topic has been discussed long enough. i suggest doing a poll and finish this discussion once and for all.

After that if the majority agress..we can work out all the little details

more_horiz
Sorry BliTz, but this isn't a democracy. While we do take the suggestions from our members seriously, things do not get decided just from the majority opinion of the members. The staff will be the ones making all final decisions.

more_horiz
Ok well..i know members want to get their own ideas hosted..etc
but we can't let them host their ideas themselves or else it'll be total chaos so..we'll add a topic to Tournaments forum where you can suggest tournament ideas and then if it gets approved, you'll get proper credits and an amount of DP (200 DP).Then any staff member will host it.

more_horiz
Good idea EJ.

more_horiz
Fenix so many words Smile) beside the decision all the staff shall vote for its aproval is staff discussion so you can start your ideeas people

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum