Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionLight acts as both a wave and a particle EmptyLight acts as both a wave and a particle

more_horiz
http://phys.org/news/2015-03-particle.html

Pretty cool.

descriptionLight acts as both a wave and a particle EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
That's pretty intence, can't imagine the actual size of that pic e-e

descriptionLight acts as both a wave and a particle EmptyRe: Light acts as both a wave and a particle

more_horiz
Very interesting news. thanks 4 share.

descriptionLight acts as both a wave and a particle EmptyRe: Light acts as both a wave and a particle

more_horiz
I saw it on facebook yesterday. I can't really imagine most of these things. Science is really cool.

more_horiz

"OLD NEWS WILL ALWAYS BE OLD NEWS"
                                                         - Mr. Kandy

According to what we know (what they teach in schools) gravity between two objects depends on their mass, yet light has no mass, but it is affected by gravity, so how is it affected by gravity? (i've always been baffled about this.) 
     Until last year when i learnt that light acts as both a particle AND a wave. This explains so much and leads me to my conclusion that anything that has Energy and Momentum is affected by gravity. Light has energy, and momentum; so does every other things. it's easy to figure out, if you know Newton's equation of gravity: F=[G m1 m2]/r2 minute physics also elaborated on this. 
     BUT how does light have energy without mass? this is what led to the theory and discovery that light also acts as a wave, because waves does NOT carry momentum, but energy (You think cause they show wave to be moving they carry momentum, that's motion, not momentum. they're different things). YET light has energy, therefore confirming that light can be a wave.  Laughing and of course Particles have momentum. 

A little YuGiOh Reference: the smallest particle of light is called a photon, hence:
cheers GALAXY EYES PHOTON DRAGON!!!! cheers and all of the "photon" archetype.

Suggestion for Konami: Make a boss monster for the photon archtype (as strong as ApoQliphort Tower) named: Galaxy eyes Phonon Dragon.
     Btw a phonon is a quantum of energy associated with a sound waves, or vibrations.

more_horiz
CrimzonSlayeRx wrote:

"OLD NEWS WILL ALWAYS BE OLD NEWS"
                                                         - Mr. Kandy

According to what we know (what they teach in schools) gravity between two objects depends on their mass, yet light has no mass, but it is affected by gravity, so how is it affected by gravity? (i've always been baffled about this.) 
     Until last year when i learnt that light acts as both a particle AND a wave. This explains so much and leads me to my conclusion that anything that has Energy and Momentum is affected by gravity. Light has energy, and momentum; so does every other things. it's easy to figure out, if you know Newton's equation of gravity: F=[G m1 m2]/r2 minute physics also elaborated on this. 
     BUT how does light have energy without mass? this is what led to the theory and discovery that light also acts as a wave, because waves does NOT carry momentum, but energy (You think cause they show wave to be moving they carry momentum, that's motion, not momentum. they're different things). YET light has energy, therefore confirming that light can be a wave.  Laughing and of course Particles have momentum. 

A little YuGiOh Reference: the smallest particle of light is called a photon, hence:
cheers GALAXY EYES PHOTON DRAGON!!!! cheers and all of the "photon" archetype.

Suggestion for Konami: Make a boss monster for the photon archtype (as strong as ApoQliphort Tower) named: Galaxy eyes Phonon Dragon.
     Btw a phonon is a quantum of energy associated with a sound waves, or vibrations.

Gravity, simply put, affects everything in the universe.

more_horiz
Anzo ò_ó wrote:

i wouldn't say that, 

• White holes (only exist in math), are not affected by graivity, as they increase entropy.
  • Dark Matter (proven to exist) isn't affected by gravity 
  • and neutrinos (they are effected by gravity but VERY Small, however very small does not equal 0, but it's soo small, it won't make a difference.)

more_horiz
When did they create a tryhard science section here? O.o

more_horiz
CrimzonSlayeRx wrote:
Anzo ò_ó wrote:

i wouldn't say that, 

• White holes (only exist in math), are not affected by graivity, as they increase entropy.
  • Dark Matter (proven to exist) isn't affected by gravity 
  • and neutrinos (they are effected by gravity but VERY Small, however very small does not equal 0, but it's soo small, it won't make a difference.)

1. Never heard of white holes.
2. They're basically a gravity-center on their own.
3. They do.

I'm not a science guy, never been into it. So can't really provide you with something that is scientifically proven or anything.

Zeox wrote:

A while back. About 1 month ago or something.

more_horiz
Dress is blue and black

more_horiz
Anzo can I give warnings to staff members? ;-;

more_horiz
Anzo ò_ó wrote:
1. Never heard of white holes.
2. They're basically a gravity-center on their own.
3. They do.

I'm not a science guy, never been into it. So can't really provide you with something that is scientifically proven or anything.

Zeox wrote:

White holes only exist in math, we haven't found one, if we do, it will violate the law of physics that says, entropy cannot be reversed, (it's opposite of a black hole), BUT it does exist in the mathematics of the universe. 

And i meant Dark energy not matter, true dark matter are the source of their own gravity. Dark energy does the opposite of gravity. (responsible for acceleration of the universe expansion. )

AND yea the science topics here are not that hardcore, i just give hardcore insights into it all XD

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Dress is blue and black

Banned

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply