Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Do you play YGO irl?

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+12
Rosa Linda
WondeRy
LòKóS
BlackJack
DDS
Kandy.JPEG
TylaxeSensei
Gremlin
Galaksii
Anzo
Jv
Etwizzy
16 posters

descriptionDo you play YGO irl?  EmptyDo you play YGO irl?

more_horiz
Just out of curiosity who here plays in real life?
If so what's is it like in your area?

descriptionDo you play YGO irl?  EmptyRe: Do you play YGO irl?

more_horiz
Moved to off topics ._. you posted it in the wrong section.

and No. but many people I know play it IRL

more_horiz
TCG / OCG discussion was the correct place for it Do you play YGO irl?  4204681869
Do you not know what TCG & OCG stand for?

more_horiz
How this is a TCG Discussion or ocg?

it is an off topic. that place is for news, cardobing ecc.

this is an off topic question -.-

more_horiz
I used to play in real life with my friends back when i lived in Damascus, Syria. However, I left all my cards in our house there when we made a quick decision to come back to Baghdad. I had over 3k card.

more_horiz
@roach

Do you play YGO irl?  BQg7g5Y

@anzo yeah I played too but never went to off tournaments.

more_horiz
I played irl 5 years ago or perhaps more... I wuz a little kid then

When I left the game, tournies became hit so I didn't had the chace to play competittive.
I was a HERO player even then

descriptionDo you play YGO irl?  EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:

When I left the game, tournies became hit so I didn't had the chace to play competittive.

Do you play YGO irl?  8ad1d469ba2058ea56159435d98389a611bdbc7cc88392fe62b6256839c41462

Anyways IRL is so different for example Nekroz will play by few people with all 3X each card since them are very very very expensive

more_horiz
Jv1391 wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

Do you play YGO irl?  8ad1d469ba2058ea56159435d98389a611bdbc7cc88392fe62b6256839c41462

Anyways IRL is so different for example Nekroz will play by few people with all 3X each card since them are very very very expensive

What's sad there you retarded mofo?

more_horiz
I don't play

more_horiz
Gremlin wrote:
I don't play

k.

more_horiz
I used to play irl back in the dinorabbit format after that, school and work kind of took over.

more_horiz
Ew real life ygo

Closet Player ftw

more_horiz
people changing my posts only benefits the people who have yet to read my words of unwisdom, I feel really proud for them.

GG Changed get rekt

more_horiz
So no one currently plays in real life then? Do you play YGO irl?  3974120512

If I had a local card store and dependant on what the other players we're like I'd probably play irl. I havnt played irl since around 2005.

(Ps Why was this lock topic locked? £20 says it was Jv #WorstMod)

more_horiz
Pretty much the same here ^

more_horiz
I play MTG mostly IRL yugioh is my secret pleasure.

more_horiz
That quite interesting considering the salt between YGO & MTG players lol

more_horiz
How gives a shit? I don't.

more_horiz
Lel there have been like one or two official Tournaments in Latvia Do you play YGO irl?  3974120512 Tho looong ago. Also there was only one place in Capital to buy official cards, so I never had bought any so ye. Though I actually had printed out cards which I played with my friends lol Do you play YGO irl?  3974120512

more_horiz
Im playing irl for two years now.I used to only play online but then when you get a job the cards arent that expensive and its more fun to play irl than online tbh.In Bulgaria we have only 3-4 cities who have ygo shops and mine is one of those.We have a local tournament each saturday , once a year nationals and idk how many times a year regionals.In fact there is one regional tournament tomorrow but I wont attend cuz I got a date lol.Most of the players at my locals are playing budget decks(after the lightsworn structure deck almost everyone who cant afford a more expensive deck is playing them) with some players true to their archtypes for example there is a guy who only plays blackwings,another one that only plays inzektors... The decks at the big tournaments are kinda more random than you would expect and only about 2-3 guys have full top tier metadecks from 50 guys that participated in the event.

So there are upsides and downsides- its more fun to play ygo irl also more things come into play like bluffing the opponent,strategies that focus on wasting time so you can win in the extra turns and other douchbaggery like rulesharking and cheating.
The worst thing about ygo irl is that new players kinda get destroyed by mean guys who make outrageous trades saying something like "I give you 5 cards you give me 5 cards" and they trade like 5 commons for 5 foils that cost 20 $ each.

more_horiz
I cant play IRL, yugioh in venezuela is too expensive because i think everyone know the news on my country... but i have 1 Starter Deck when zexal came out and 2 ninjas; armed and crimson. but when my brother told me on yugioh online i started to play the game online on KVCDS but i alwasy was a TAG FORCE "fan", YVD was ugly, i like a friendly interface.

more_horiz
I play, occasionally, but since there are no tournys where I live and I'm too lazy to drive to one a few hundred miles away I don't get to play competitively IRL. Also I just don't have the budget to put together a good competitive deck and after not playing the TCG & OCG for a while, I just don't feel like searching up a new deck to buy. :/

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
That quite interesting considering the salt between YGO & MTG players lol

I play mtg, well all card games in general but the salt thing is like saying the value different and how you have better chances of getting money cards vs ygo.
Its just mostly statistics and the flexible of the game mostly.

more_horiz
i dont play in real life xD but i have exp from ygopro and dn xDDDD T_T i hope i can join  a YCS some day

more_horiz
Spend money on bitches, not on cardboard...

-Gala

more_horiz
the world knows you are still virgin boy -.-

more_horiz
Jv1391 wrote:
the world knows you are still virgin boy -.-

It sure was fun in your country last summer, Jv-san...

more_horiz
Used to play it 3 years ago. Went to weekly tournaments once a month for awhile. Everybody was a super nerd. There was this one guy there who was 23 and already had a combover. 

Aside from that, I won a couple tournements using a $100 Destiny End Dragoon Lockdown deck.

more_horiz
YGO got too much expensive for me. I don't like giving away that much money for "paper"

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply