Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionRebirth of the Burning Abyss EmptyRebirth of the Burning Abyss

more_horiz
Deck screenshot: http://www.mediafire.com/view/5sq1fj2p42rkg45/Screenshot%202015-02-05%2021.40.58.png

I wanted to do something different with a TCG deck.. But inspiration didn't strike me until a few days ago and here we are.

This deck uses the Burning Abyss cards to bring out Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth. 

Probably not the most efficient way to use those cards but it's certainly more interesting than your run of the mill build.

descriptionRebirth of the Burning Abyss EmptyRe: Rebirth of the Burning Abyss

more_horiz
BA fits the needs of sophira extremely well with easy XYZ, synchro and easy ritual. But I think sophira is a awful card because it uses up so many resources for such little reward.

But cool deck never the less. It's hard to tell from just looking at it but I think you could do with so more draw power to access your combo pieces faster.

more_horiz
why fix something that isn't broken duelist?

more_horiz
Sophia of the burning abyss hmm not bad as concept. but since it is concept use ocg cards such as noden to do a very powerful concept. don't limit into boring tcg

descriptionRebirth of the Burning Abyss EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
1 too many Sophias. If you're running a Hero engine, I suggest adding Summoner Monk + Shadow Mist as a Rank 4 engine to search out Mask Change or to get an Armageddon Knight, then go into Lavalval Chain to topdeck your Sophia or to mill out another BA.

Shaddolls would probably work better and allow you to run more Beginning of the Ends, but who's to say you can't run both Hero and Shaddoll engine simultaneously? Would make your deck look a lot less boring as well as open up more plays. As for the Extra deck space, you're running too many multiples. The more multiples you run in the Extra, the less flexible the deck becomes.

Since we're on that area, your Extra deck looks boring as well. Where's the Leviair if you're gonna banish cards? Nightmare Shark is a game ending card, similar to Cowboy, and should only really be ran at 1. Remove that Acid Golem. Remove 1 Dante.

Cards like Gran Maju De Eiza or Necroface allow you to quickly OTK after Sophia's summon, because your opponent could always topdeck cards like Dark Hole. It's optional to run these, though.

I'd comment on the Raigeki and Snatch Steal since I don't believe in staples, but w/e.

If you need a Shaddoll Engine:
+2/3 Falco
+1 Squamata
+1 Beast
+1 Dragon
+1/2 Hedgehog
+3 Shaddoll Fusion
+2 Winda

(Optional)
+1 Construct
+1 Beginning of the End
+1/2 Necroface

Hero Engine is:
+2 Summoner Monk
+1 Shadow Mist
+1 Armageddon Knight
+1 Lavalval Chain

(Optional)
+1/2 Random/Useful Hero Monster (for the +1 that Shadow Mist provides, either Light for Construct, Dark for Winda/Dark Law or Water for Acid)
-1 Mask Change Second
-1 Dark Law

You can quite easily make the room for both of these engines, and then test the deck out + make some tweaks for a bit more consistency.

(This is only me speaking TCG.)

EDIT:

Woops, forgot the +3 Sinister Shadow Games for the Shaddoll option.

Last edited by Alikaey on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
+1 to Ali Smile

more_horiz
Well there's a nice surprise appearance! Thank you very much Ali! ^^

I knew this first draft was missing something.

more_horiz
Updated screenshot: http://www.mediafire.com/view/q644ehw4rl5c0tr/Screenshot_2015-02-07_19.50.26.png

I decided to put in a bit of everything ^^

more_horiz
Ali made Sophia Shaddolls this summer, you won't make a mistake if you listen to him :3

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply