Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Tournaments?

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+12
The Butler
Arcana_Knight92
Skitoritto
Burner3000
Order of Chaos
Dadasopher
Linda-Senpai
Gremlin
faervel
Virus
Kandy.JPEG
PowerNova
16 posters

descriptionTournaments? EmptyEvent Suggestions

more_horiz
I will begin doing events regularly here in the Slifer dorm once activity has risen to the level needed. I have as many as 100 ideas, but am always open to hearing suggestions, so post away. Keep the thread clean, I will delete unnecessary posts.

Suggestions:
- Crossfire
- Wars
- 3v3 Tournament
- Archtype

Last edited by PowerNova on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:23 pm; edited 4 times in total

descriptionTournaments? EmptyRe: Tournaments?

more_horiz
A good old slifer cross fire is always fun

more_horiz
We can make that happen. I'll edit the first post with all suggestions given.

more_horiz
TagTeam but, i'll hate dat idea .-.

more_horiz
In slifer wars maybe.
Or a 3v3tournament

more_horiz
3v3 tournaments never work

more_horiz
strip yugioh. Each time a duelist loses a round in a match, their opponent chooses an article of the losers clothing and makes them take it off.

more_horiz
you would like having little kids strip for you wouldn't you me personally would pass on that idea but to each their own

more_horiz
Rika Furude wrote:
strip yugioh. Each time a duelist loses a round in a match, their opponent chooses an article of the losers clothing and makes them take it off.

No. You're not in this dorm anyway, why you making suggestions?

faervel wrote:
In slifer wars maybe.
Or a 3v3tournament

It might work, but Grem makes a good point - they usually don't work out. Regardless, I'll add it to the list.

Virus wrote:
TagTeam but, i'll hate dat idea .-.

You make a suggestion, but hate the idea?

more_horiz
yeah, sumthing like that, but its an instresting event tho
i don't hate the idea, but hate the update in Dev

more_horiz
Oh ok I see. Yea if its an issue with the program we have to use, it'd be pointless to start that type of event.

more_horiz
Gremlin wrote:
you would like having little kids strip for you wouldn't you me personally would pass on that idea but to each their own

there are no little kids on this forum

more_horiz
How about an Archtype tournament: gather some Tier 3/4 Archtypes and radomly distributes them to the competitors.

more_horiz
Might have to do that one. Added to the list.

more_horiz
Just saw this. Give us premade decks to battle.  Asign us random decks . Or a tournament with one deck or archtype .  The winner will be known as that archetypes expert.

Edit : I see smth similar already suggested. OK. That means its a good idea.

more_horiz
Yessir Dada's suggestion was along the same lines, and its been added.

more_horiz
Opening up the suggestions again.

How many of you play/can download Byond to play DMG? Depending on the amount, we may do some events using it (i.e. Tag Team events)

descriptionTournaments? EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
I Am ALL for a Slifer Tag team tournament or competition. Me and a couple of other slifer students have already shown interest in this. If its just for slifer students or for all students and staff, it would still be fun and i personally think it would bring out a big turn out and bond students a little better with classmates. Maybe the winners get a title for their team or some DP or maybe even a bump up to Ra.  The Slifer Tag Tournament would be awesome!

more_horiz
Once again, I ask:

How many of you play/can download Byond to play DMG? Depending on the amount, we may do some events using it (i.e. Tag Team events). This is not limited to just Slifers, so any other members of DA feel free to speak up if you would like to join in on this.

more_horiz
PowerNova wrote:
Once again, I ask:

How many of you play/can download Byond to play DMG? Depending on the amount, we may do some events using it (i.e. Tag Team events). This is not limited to just Slifers, so any other members of DA feel free to speak up if you would like to join in on this.
DEVPRO/YGOPRO have Tag option too,and they are kinda better platforms to duel on.

more_horiz
Then it is nothing but a simple switch to using that platform. In that case, does anyone have any issues with using DEVPRO/YGOPRO for such events?

more_horiz
Devpro or ygopro to tag FTW !

more_horiz
Yes it will be on DEV/YGO.

more_horiz
3 ideas

mirror duel tournament
deck type tournament
timed deck build tornament

the 1st is self explanatory the second is a tournament where every duelist uses monsters of 1 type chosen at random

3rd one might be harder to do but people are given a set time to build a new deck following set rules/guidelines then duel

more_horiz
Hmm, I just was reading through (briefly admittedly). If this wasn't yet suggested, we could do a small competition where we give a deck recipe into the coordinator, and they proceed to send out said recipe to another player, and that person will need to duel with that deck. It would give introduction to new play-styles, cards, and be fun to try and work with what you get. If needed they could be checked for fairness to make a small tournament fun and fair, or just keep them random and just have fun with crazy or well built decks.

more_horiz
Concept Tournaments are basically that

descriptionTournaments? EmptyTournaments?

more_horiz
So you guys ready to try again? Activity seems good enough. I may even award a rank-up prize :p

more_horiz
do it nova dont be scared its just an online tournament for a card game

relax

more_horiz
I will if its desired by the majority. If you can't be active, don't join. I'll just blacklist you and won't allow you to join any tournament I host in Slifer.

more_horiz
lets do it nova

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply