Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionTournaments Names? EmptyTournaments Names?

more_horiz
Hi.

This was brought up a while back by someone, I believe It was Roach? I forgot lol

Anyway, as most of you are aware, we have 3 scheduled Tournaments every month: DA Rookie, DA Intermediate, and DA Advanced Tournament(s).

However, this seems to be misleading some people that each tournament is for specific type of players: Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced duelists, which is not the case.

We simply use the words "Rookie", "Intermediate", and "Advanced" because we sought a cool names for a synchronized tournaments, more like "brother" tournaments so to speak.

So, we're open to suggestions on what to use instead of those three words, note that they cannot be "long" words, they need to be short, they also need to be close in meaning, knowing all three tournaments are basically the same, only difference is their prizes.

Post below your opinions.

descriptionTournaments Names? EmptyRe: Tournaments Names?

more_horiz
But if they are closed in meaning you will have people saying for the first it is for "noobs" etc xD We should found new names or just call them Tournament or I don't know maybe use the name of three cards like the evolutiob game xD

more_horiz
By "close in meaning " i meant words that aren't different in meaning.

more_horiz
Oh If i got it you mean close in meaning such as they should have connection for example small medium big? Right. Well let me thing another trio xD

more_horiz
Yes it was me lol

I have not idea what to name them tho. Something YGO related would be cool maybe name them after the Ojama Trio or something (Ojama Green 'Rookie', Ojama Yellow 'Int' & Ojama Black ''Adv')

Pretty crap idea I know but its a start.

more_horiz
Ojamas... ._.

more_horiz
Ojama's are awesome there so over powered, They make Tier 1 decks look like crappy old structure decks.

I did say it was a crap idea lol

more_horiz
Or do it with a set of evolutions monsters.

Example:

Cyber Dragon (Rookie) < Cyber Twin Dragon (Int) < Cyber End Dragon (Adv)

more_horiz
I kind of like the Ojama idea xD

more_horiz
Well now you have 2 idea's to choose from.

descriptionTournaments Names? EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Hmm I agree, the current naming scheme does give a misleading impression on the tiers of competition you'll face. Since anyone from Slifers all the way up to people in ABD can join these.

My idea, as this is a regular championship series perhaps something of that nature could be in the title, then for its iterations the first one would be 'un' , the second one 'deux' and the third 'toris' because everything is sexier is french!

Just my 2 cents. 

more_horiz
We can't do that. Right now, let's assume we have DA Rookie Tournament #1 finished, next month It's Rookie Tournament #2, the month after It's #3, and so on. If we did DA's Un Tournament #1, next one is Un Tournament #2, after It's Un Tournament #3, doesn't really sound good.

more_horiz
Oh rite... Well easy fix; You'd need to add the month it's being held in as these all 3 are held once a month.

more_horiz
I can't make any proper reply right now. I'm pretty sure I've wrote over a 1000 word in 5 or 6 posts and then deleting all of them in the past 15 minute when I was trying to reply to your post. There is a lot of ideas in my head and I'm not sure which one to pick. lmao

I'll think a bit about this and post later.

more_horiz
Go with ojama's sounds cool as f@#k lol

more_horiz
lmao yea they do sound cool

more_horiz
Ojama FTW!!! Lol

more_horiz
I still do feel people are going to ask questions why do we name our tournaments after Ojamas .-.

more_horiz
And reply with '' because fuck you that's why '' lol

Or '' because Roach said '' . Personally I think it's quite fitting, it's yugioh related and I can't really think of any other way to make it ygo related because after all we are a ygo forum.

more_horiz
It's hard to imagine people joining a tournament with a yellow ojama banner lol

more_horiz
A wise man once told me '' Give them Ojama banners and they will come. ''

It could be worse it could be something like kuriboh or scapegoat lol

more_horiz
Such wise man op.

more_horiz
Kuriboh would be badass... Tourneys could have second name: DA Useless tournament Tournaments Names? 3974120512

more_horiz
i think the ojama theme would be cool

more_horiz
This is a little Off topic but its to do with name changing lol

Shouldn't the Abandoned Dark League be called Horakhty League or dorm to fit in with the whole God card dorm theme? Because you have to have Slifer, Ra & Obelisk to Summon her (Passed all those dorm)

Dont get me wrong I like the name Abandoned Dark League its sounds all mysterious and dangerous
I just think Horakhty fits in with the theme a better.

Tournaments Names? 2qv6xjp

more_horiz
LOKOS wrote:
Kuriboh would be badass... Tourneys could have second name: DA Useless tournament Tournaments Names? 3974120512

That ^^

Loko is a genius! :3

more_horiz
So Kuriboh Tournament, Kuribon Tournament and Kurivolt TOurnament lol

more_horiz
._________. now we're getting somewhere

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply