Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionLiga BBVA Discussion EmptyLiga BBVA Discussion

more_horiz

Liga BBVA Discussion Logo_liga_bbva

For all discussion regarding the Liga BBVA

descriptionLiga BBVA Discussion EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Did anyone else see Real Madrid got raped by Aletico 4-0!
Good old aletico not a big club and still smashing the big boys.

descriptionLiga BBVA Discussion EmptyRe: Liga BBVA Discussion

more_horiz
Boy I couldn't stop laughing. Even though they had 3 injured players getting 4-0'd is just too much especially with their top notch substitute players.

GO GO MSN!

more_horiz
Yeah they still had the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Isco etc.

more_horiz
Ronaldo can't carry a team, he'd only score when others give him the ball on a golden plate. Isco and Bale from the other hand can carry the game, but they weren't lucky.

more_horiz
Ronaldo is easily the best player in the world and his presence has won Madrid a few trophies.

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
Ronaldo is easily the best player in the world and his presence has won Madrid a few trophies.

He's not 'easily' the best player on the world. He might be at the moment on the top, however, he's only a few centimeters above the rest and that was only when Messi was under-performing last year or two. However, that haven't been the case as of lately. Messi is obviously showing a stronger metal compared to Ronaldo, just as we used to see hm do for years now. If we're to compare Ronaldo's 100% with Messi's 100% then I'll have to say that Messi is 'easily' the best player.

more_horiz
Messi relies on iniesta & xavi where as Ronaldo can work alone if needed.

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
Messi relies on iniesta &  xavi where as Ronaldo can work alone if needed.

I keep hearing this argument about how Messi cannot do something without Xavi or Iniesta. It's like, you want him to take the ball from the GK and run through the field and then score? Or are you implying that Ronaldo does that? You know that has never been the case. Messi the one who can work alone if and when needed. Sure Ronaldo can does that as well, but Messi is just better at it.

Watch this 10 Minute video of comparison between Messi and Ronaldo top solo goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ0Xcrz4uS0

more_horiz
Anzo ò_ó wrote:
Roach wrote:

I keep hearing this argument about how Messi cannot do something without Xavi or Iniesta. It's like, you want him to take the ball from the GK and run through the field and then score? Or are you implying that Ronaldo does that? You know that has never been the case. Messi the one who can work alone if and when needed. Sure Ronaldo can does that as well, but Messi is just better at it.

Watch this 10 Minute video of comparison between Messi and Ronaldo top solo goals:

What makes Ronaldo better is that he can keep Ballon d'Or level form in a 6 year time length (2008-2014, years when he won, including 2013) and also deserved it back in 2011... as Messi had a few good years now he's definitely not the best player at the moment. A player that wins a Ballon d'Or at 30 and manages to do it 6 years after his first one... that's just unseen. Not to mention he is a way better INDIVIDUAL which is the key word for choosing the best player in the world. Player, not team, as Messi is a team player.

more_horiz
That ^

plus the fact videos of these sort of things are always made one sided.

more_horiz
psychoturtle wrote:
Anzo ò_ó wrote:
Roach wrote:

What makes Ronaldo better is that he can keep Ballon d'Or level form in a 6 year time length (2008-2014, years when he won, including 2013) and also deserved it back in 2011... as Messi had a few good years now he's definitely not the best player at the moment. A player that wins a Ballon d'Or at 30  and manages to do it 6 years after his first one... that's just unseen. Not to mention he is a way better INDIVIDUAL which is the key word for choosing the best player in the world. Player, not team, as Messi is a team player.

We could argue about this all day, back and forth. I've seen every single match of Barcelona and Real Madrid and I'm confident when I say Messi is the better player. He's also a better individual in so many ways. Reason why people can't see it mainly because of Pep' Guardiola tactics which he used, the Tiki Taka which was a team-oriented method that Messi grew up accustomed to. However, how many players have you see that could take the ball from half the field and run through players and then scores a goal? I'd say only a few, and Ronaldo isn't one of them.

I'm not biased towards Messi or Ronaldo, I could careless of who's the better player to be honest, but I don't like it when people simply won't admit it. It's a team sport, not individuals sport. When you say Messi is a team-player, that alone makes him a better player - in addition to his countless cross-the-field goals that I'm sure you've seen before.

You could notice the difference just by looking at the last games of both teams, while RM having hard times beating some teams, FCB have no problem at all securing the victory.

Don't judge Messi as someone who isn't as good as Ronaldo - if not better - by looking down at his last 2 years. We all know that FCB has been struggling with their roster due to the ban on buying new players, and they had to adapt with the players that they had. Xavi gotten old and his performance wasn't on the same level anymore, It was Messi and Iniesta in addition to Alba and Pique that carried the team. Of course Messi wouldn't do well, meanwhile during the past 2 years RM have spent a good few hundreds of millions on their club and bought some new fancy-pants players which is only then where Ronaldo was able to score goals and take trophies.

more_horiz
You do know Barca 's transfer ban isn't in place yet?
Also Pep left barca because Messi was such a diva lol Liga BBVA Discussion 3974120512

more_horiz
Yea, ignore that sentence.

Anyway, we'll see at the end of the year who's the better player. Both Messi and Ronaldo have 2 amazing players on their side. Ronaldo has Bale and Benzema. Messi has Neymar and Suarez.

more_horiz
Crushing victory 5-2 for FCB against Athletic today.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply