Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[Discussion] What you often do in RPS Empty[Discussion] What you often do in RPS

more_horiz
What you often do in RPS

Yeah.....that's kind of an old topic to discuss, but it's still worthy. We all know that RPS (Rock, Paper, Scissors) is also an important part of YGO which can even let a person who wins get a really high chance to win the game. Like,.....Solemn Warning and whatever. So the player who goes second will have less advantages than the player who goes first. Even though people think it's not really THAT important because they believe somehow they will destroy their opponent's field and even go for an OTK. Well that really happens when you first know the game, OR PLAY AN OTK DECK!!!!! Going first DO make you have more advantages. If we go first, we can get +1 card and early set up, like I said above. It could be anything. It could be Solemn Warning, Torrential Tribute or some more trollish traps, or even an Evilswarm Ophion to make people rage quit already, etc,...and we can do it without any interruptions, except some Hand Traps. So how can we do it? I don't even know lol (seriously). I and also other people are just like playing RPS a lot to get experiences and people's minds.

When I get in the game and it's RPS part, I usually choose Rock first. Yes, many people choose Rock first because people usually choose Rock, which means other people will think like that and choose Paper, which means other people will think like that and choose Scissors, so I choose Rock. #logic #rps #nonsense

If it's not so then we should accept the fate and go second or go first due to merciful guys Razz If it's draw, I likely choose Scissors next because people always think we will use it twice (it's psychology, don't question :D) and if it's still draw, I will choose Scissors again due to Double effect (Rock-Scissors-Rock, Paper-Rock-Paper or so). That's how I think. Don't hate me Razz

So what do you guys often do in RPS? Please comment below and share your experiences :D If you don't want to share because you're scared of losing your trump move, it's okay lol.

description[Discussion] What you often do in RPS EmptyRe: [Discussion] What you often do in RPS

more_horiz
Indeed going first game 1 is really important. I choose Paper or Scissors, though I can play them mind games in RPS and have 10 draws [Discussion] What you often do in RPS 610493824

description[Discussion] What you often do in RPS EmptyRe: [Discussion] What you often do in RPS

more_horiz
I made two articles in the past explaining how to mentally control the game flow.

http://www.duelacademy.net/t10347-habits-during-the-duel

http://www.duelacademy.net/t10398-habits-during-an-online-duel

I wrote those at a time where i had an even worse English compared to my level currently, so don't focus too much on grammatical errors, seek the purpose of it instead.

more_horiz
I do scissors because they are scissors. You know, women stuff. And I play it until I win with it. Sometimes it takes just once but sometimes it can be extended up to 10 times too. Either way, I win usually at the end, at RPS or later in game. I do say GG for the sake of friendship that can go from there.

more_horiz
Yes I know Amy. Men choose Rock and women choose Scissors :D Because we always rock hard babe.

Thanks for the informations Anzo :D

more_horiz
I typically switch out which one I use in phases.
Although for months I always went Rock for no reason whatsoever.
IRL, though, I tend to inexplicably go Paper, even though I know my friend always goes Scissors.
I never think about what I'm throwing IRL. I just go on autopilot and hope it's one of the three choices.

However, after repeatedly playing someone, I am able to sort of read them better and anticipate what they will do in what situation following a draw.
For example, I've seen that when the tie is Scissors, most people will jump to Rock. It tends to tie again, then one person throws scissors and another throws paper.

more_horiz
im sure everty1 knows i pick paper 90% of the time

more_horiz
You can develop all kinds of strategies like:

• Begin with X
  • If it's a tie, pick what beats X/what X beats/ X again
  • If tied still, go to step 2

Or whatever crazy methods people think up of which they think beats the opponent most of the times.

Mathematics tells us that whatever you pick, there is always a 50% chance of winning and a 50% chance of losing. That's why I pick something random by closing my eyes and going nuts on the mouse and picking the option it was closest to.

more_horiz
but its hard in your mind when you miss such big card spots with your mouse lol. i always rage on that.

more_horiz
! High Dutchman Gianus wrote:
You can develop all kinds of strategies like:

• Begin with X
  • If it's a tie, pick what beats X/what X beats/ X again
  • If tied still, go to step 2

Or whatever crazy methods people think up of which they think beats the opponent most of the times.

Mathematics tells us that whatever you pick, there is always a 50% chance of winning and a 50% chance of losing. That's why I pick something random by closing my eyes and going nuts on the mouse and picking the option it was closest to.

Indeed, the random system does give you equal chance of winning or losing. When used a lot you tend to predict what the outcome will be most of the time.

more_horiz
In real life, I stare at the other person's hand and try to see what they choose in a split half a second.

other than that, rolling a dice is much more easier.

On DN, not that I use it anymore, I choose Rock 80% of the time since a lot of people choose Scissors. Maybe it's the aggressive attitude of the people there that makes them choose the most malicious looking option? If it's tied Rock, I go Scissors which has a 50% pay off chance since people will probably think I'm lazy and choose Rock again, thus they choose Paper.

On Percy, I choose Scissors which has a 50% chance of winning as well, in most cases. People rarely choose Rock on there for some reason. Maybe they're tired of all the Rock plays from DN, considering more are moving from DN to an auto dueling system.

more_horiz
On DN I always go with whatever my mouse is nearest too, there's no prediction method for online.

more_horiz
Paper > scissors > rock

I use this for 80% of the time

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply