Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Windows 10!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+8
Malcolm Merlyn
Neji
Dex
LòKóS
Anzo
Salader
Train Heartnet
Etwizzy
12 posters

descriptionWindows 10! EmptyWindows 10!

more_horiz
For any of you who are interested 

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/01/21/everything-microsoft-announced-windows-10-event-one-handy-list/

descriptionWindows 10! EmptyRe: Windows 10!

more_horiz
The only good thing is the Cortana assistant everything else is shit GrumpyCat

more_horiz
It cant be worst then Windows 8 surly? I hate windows 8.

more_horiz
It may be worth the free upgrade due to DirectX12 being in it, however I think you loose OpenGL in exchange. I was gonna wait 3-6 months to see if it was any good before upgrading.

more_horiz
I think waiting is defiantly going to be the best option as always with new software.

more_horiz
No matter what they do, Windows will always be x10 times better than anything else.

more_horiz
^Fuk windows Linux tha best!

JK Windows is the best Windows 10! 3974120512

more_horiz
Linux is actually better cuz open source

more_horiz
Linux COULD be better if they made solid programs to support it. You instal the system and then you have nothing else to do.

more_horiz
^not true at all, you can do so many things with it. There is even a Linux created for the police and you can legally own it which is used for hacking.

more_horiz
If Linux was a good system people would use it. It's obviously not practical.

more_horiz
people don't use it cuz there are no games for it, its a software for coding. Also there does not exist a single virus for that system ever. Stop being a blind Microsoft fanboy.

descriptionWindows 10! EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:

But capitalism though. I'd say Linux is less useful because it's only really usable on computers. Although, some of it's features totally got stolen by Microsoft and Apple. What's your favourite Linux OS? Do you use it?

more_horiz
What Microsoft does and it's strictly for marketing purposes is that they purposely introduce things that aren't likeable.
If they had kept Windows 7 out, they would have lost insane amounts of money. Solution? Make Windows 8. Many people will dislike it but some wont.
Now here comes Windows 10 and they make it free... the fuck.

I personally like it.

more_horiz
Neji wrote:
What Microsoft does and it's strictly for marketing purposes is that they purposely introduce things that aren't likeable.
If they had kept Windows 7 out, they would have lost insane amounts of money. Solution? Make Windows 8. Many people will dislike it but some wont.
Now here comes Windows 10 and they make it free... the fuck.

I personally like it.

They're planning something huge. I can see it. Either that, or they're just stupid. Do you know how much money is lost on their retarded search engine? They don't make any profit with it. I like that it's free too. But, they kind of have to make it free or people won't trust the OS. Or it's just to make people buy Windows 9 on tablets.

more_horiz
So dumb though. They could have made a small fee and made huge bank

more_horiz
It looks much better then Windows 8, I might finally upgrade from Windows 7 (by torrenting Windows 10 of-course), I tried the Developer Preview and it does look pretty good.

Multiple Desktops feature is awesome. I can't say I care too much for the new web browser, Firefox and Chrome do the job just fine but whatever.

What I disliked very much is that they asked me to make a 'Microsoft Online Account' when I installed the Developer Preview for Windows 10, I did get around this by simply disconnecting my internet, it allowed me to make a normal local account then, I really hate cloud services... there is just something not right with putting all my private documents on a hard-drive in who-knows-where.

As for people commenting about Linux... Well Linux has some good sides:

1. Its Open Source, anyone can edit it, see the source code and so on (Microsoft could put anything they want in their Windows source code and easily spy on you, be able to see everything you are doing on your computer and so on, and who knows, they might just be doing that)

2. Its Free, not really a big deal since you can torrent Windows for free, but whatever.

3. Certain versions take up way less resources then Windows does, so it can be useful for servers and such, some Linux servers have to stay up for years without going down or being restarted a single time.

4. Well you can simply install it on a USB or DvD and have your own OS wherever you go... school/work/public libraries.

However, its got quite a few downsides, the main being... well half the software simply doesn't work on it.

more_horiz
Yeah I think the main downfall to Linux is the lack of available software for it.
Also the lack of viruses for it is because its not commonly used, go back a few years and there where next to none viruses for Mac for the same reason.

more_horiz
Dex wrote:
Train Heartnet wrote:

But capitalism though. I'd say Linux is less useful because it's only really usable on computers. Although, some of it's features totally got stolen by Microsoft and Apple. What's your favourite Linux OS? Do you use it?

I have Linux Ubuntu

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
people don't use it cuz there are no games for it, its a software for coding. Also there does not exist a single virus for that system ever. Stop being a blind Microsoft fanboy.

1. Linux has no games
2. It doesn't work on all devices
3. It has way less Programs/Software than Windows
4. Most major corporations prefer to link their work with Microsoft for its popularity

I don't see why would Linux be better. I also don't see how Open Source is a big deal. This whole 'they could be spying on you without you even knowing it' stuff doesn't really stand out when you think about all the other methods people could do if they really wanted to expose or steal your identity or personal documents. For an ordinary PC/Laptop user Windows is obviously much better.

more_horiz
Open Source is only good if you know what your doing with it, Other wise its useless.

more_horiz
Malcolm Merlyn wrote:
It looks much better then Windows 8, I might finally upgrade from Windows 7 (by torrenting Windows 10 of-course), I tried the Developer Preview and it does look pretty good.

Multiple Desktops feature is awesome. I can't say I care too much for the new web browser, Firefox and Chrome do the job just fine but whatever.

What I disliked very much is that they asked me to make a 'Microsoft Online Account' when I installed the Developer Preview for Windows 10, I did get around this by simply disconnecting my internet, it allowed me to make a normal local account then, I really hate cloud services... there is just something not right with putting all my private documents on a hard-drive in who-knows-where.

As for people commenting about Linux... Well Linux has some good sides:

1. Its Open Source, anyone can edit it, see the source code and so on (Microsoft could put anything they want in their Windows source code and easily spy on you, be able to see everything you are doing on your computer and so on, and who knows, they might just be doing that)

2. Its Free, not really a big deal since you can torrent Windows for free, but whatever.

3. Certain versions take up way less resources then Windows does, so it can be useful for servers and such, some Linux servers have to stay up for years without going down or being restarted a single time.

4. Well you can simply install it on a USB or DvD and have your own OS wherever you go... school/work/public libraries.

However, its got quite a few downsides, the main being... well half the software simply doesn't work on it.

Go teach Thea swordfight or sthg.
Always wanted to do that sorry,

People keep forgetting that Android is based on Linux trolz

more_horiz
Windows 8 can suck my dick, so can this thing Windows 10! 4204681869

7 ftw

more_horiz
at least you didnt say XP galaboth

more_horiz
XP is love
XP is life.

more_horiz
LOKOS wrote:
XP is love
XP is life.

dos is where it's at.

more_horiz
Even Microsoft abbandoned XP lel

more_horiz
LOKOS wrote:
XP is love
XP is life.

I use XP aswell on my PC Windows 10! 3974120512

more_horiz
Loko knows what's good <3

XP 4 lyfe

more_horiz
:v microsoft hates XP

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply