Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+11
Juelz Anthony Cruz
Skitoritto
theman506
ILIEKCHEESESTEAK
Train Heartnet
L.Lawliet
DDS
Etwizzy
Kandy.JPEG
Anzo
Jv
15 posters

descriptionTCG Banlist January 2015 OUT EmptyTCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

more_horiz
Forbidden:
Super Polymerization

Limited:
Artifact Moralltach
Dark Strike Fighter
Snatch Steal

Semi-Limited:
Honest
Goyo Guardian
Dark Hole

No Longer Limited:
Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind
Mermail Abyssgunde
Reborn Tengu
Reasoning
The Transmigration Prophecy

descriptionTCG Banlist January 2015 OUT EmptyRe: TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT

more_horiz
Loool

This list tho

descriptionTCG Banlist January 2015 OUT EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT 380332

more_horiz
Nothing really amazing

more_horiz
is that it!?!?! i was expecting a assult of BA lol

more_horiz
It' cool. balanced. Nothing stupid like OCG

more_horiz
List is trash... Looks like I'll be primarily be playing OCG for another format.

These 'changes' don't change anything.

None of the problem cards of the format were dealt with. 
Floodgates/Large trap line ups are still going to decide games because Heavy is still banned.. Good luck trying to play anything that depends on combos at all.
Can't even use the artifact engine as mass MSTs because Moral got hit for some reason...

Also no Stratos... Wai? D:

more_horiz
Because there will be Elemental Hero Shadow Mist xD

more_horiz
Shadow mist isn't a Multi-hit MST on summon. Or a wind target for kamikaze.

more_horiz
Stratos was only useful for the searcher effect. the s\t was so reductive and don't say no

more_horiz
Only someone that's never used Stratos would say something silly like that. It comes in handy a lot more than you'd think! ;o

more_horiz
"You can destroy Spell/Trap Cards on the field, up to the number of "HEROmonsters you control, except this card."

People used that only as last resource lel

maybe now with the M. Hero it could be most attractive BUT still people will use it as a Searcher

more_horiz
Kinda expected the TCG Banlist to be pretty bad.

I mean there was no way they'd "hit" a BA card or a Qli card - maybe just TGU and Skill Drain from those decks. But honestly, I thought Shaddolls were gonna get slapped. I don't see why Konami didn't just limit Cons and SSG and get it over with. It's not like with BA and Qli that they have new cards in the next set...
Anyway, Gunde and Tengu at 3 is pretty good, I guess...

more_horiz
what is this I don't even D: KOnami on the most expensive drugs on the planet right now. Each format they make shittier and shittier lists.

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
what is this I don't even D: KOnami on the most expensive drugs on the planet right now. Each format they make shittier and shittier lists.

I'm not complaining until our lists are as bad as the OCG's.  
This is far from the worst banlist they have made, even for the TCG.

more_horiz
^you must be joking newbie a format without Heavy Storm is the worst kind of HELL. And honest is at 2, guess a certain deck will be very very happy. None of the stupid shit was fixed, vanity was not hit, skill drain was not hit, shaddolls were not hit like wtf.

more_horiz
The Banlist is balanced boys. Konami will never ban qli or ba since they're new stuff .

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
^you must be joking newbie a format without Heavy Storm is the worst kind of HELL. And honest is at 2, guess a certain deck will be very very happy. None of the stupid shit was fixed, vanity was not hit, skill drain was not hit, shaddolls were not hit like wtf.

Fix'd.  Heavy helps OTK, and even if I don't overextend I had better waste 2-3 deck slots for Starlight Road.
They won't hit Archetypes they've just created or supported.  I was also comparing to the OCG which does stuff like:
-Bring back Stein which is insane first turn (Exterioak).  Granted, not very good otherwise, but why even bring it back?
-Ban Heavy and bring back Feather Duster for no reason other than making money.
-Card Trooper at three.  Machine Duplication is still a thing.
-CED is still stupid, especially considering Eclipse Wyvern is a thing.  And it's back in the OCG.

The list is for Konami to make money.
I'm still standing by TCG having the better list.

more_horiz
My good you are the biggest noob on the planet, Heavy Storm is needed in the game for the one simply reason to make sure a format like this one NEVER HAPPENS.

1. Every single banned card OCG unbanned got its effects changed completely, they are good at best now and situational as fuck.

2. You must be a meta whore who thinks Heavy is bad cuz it will kill your stupid as fuck backrow that should not exist. What kind of fucked up format has decks that run 16+ trap card to be even viable and has stupid ass decks that float like mad, get insane hand and field advantage just by playing 1 card.

3. You are a newbie and will remain such with that kind of thinking. I have seen Konami's stupidity for 11 years, so I am sorry but this is complete BS.

@Jv1391 No its not GrumpyCat

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
1. Every single banned card OCG unbanned got its effects changed completely, they are good at best now and situational as fuck.

2. You must be a meta whore who thinks Heavy is bad cuz it will kill your stupid as fuck backrow that should not exist. What kind of fucked up format has decks that run 16+ trap card to be even viable and has stupid ass decks that float like mad, get insane hand and field advantage just by playing 1 card.

3. You are a newbie and will remain such with that kind of thinking. I have seen Konami's stupidity for 11 years, so I am sorry but this is complete BS.

1.  Sure.  "Mostly".  Play OCG if Heavy (Excuse me, feather duster) decides how you play.

2.  I haven't played a meta deck in... months.
I play casual decks, and excuse me for getting pissed when I lose say my Ghostrick Mansion in addition to any backrow I had simply because my opponent topdecked a card like heavy.

3.  There's a difference between being a newbie and a "bad player".  I've played for 2+ years. Excuse me for playing differently than you and having different opinions I guess.

You aren't taking this very well.
Card games is srs bsns?

more_horiz
TCG Banlist January 2015 OUT 2344349

more_horiz
Then you have 0 reason argue my opinion, hell you do not even know how to play around heavy storm. And yes card games are serious business which should be balanced and fun so everyone can enjoy with whatever deck he/she wants to play not 3 broken as fuck decks which are power creeped like mad.

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
Then you have 0 reason argue my opinion, hell you do not even know how to play around heavy storm. And yes card games are serious business which should be balanced and fun so everyone can enjoy with whatever deck he/she wants to play not 3 broken as fuck decks which are power creeped like mad.

I kinda know how.  That doesn't make it less obnoxious to have used.  Not sure why I shouldn't argue.  If I played Meta and hated Heavy I'd be a "meta whore" and since I don't I'm a noob.  Or I'm only good if I like Heavy.

And the game is still quite fun in casual play. There will always be a meta, and it tends to be a FEW decks at a time.  Konami will print new cards and they WILL be better than past ones. In this case they're trying to sell BAs and Qlips, as shown by Dark Hole to 2 in addition to having Raigeki.  They're a business.  They don't care about the players unless players stop buying.

JV, I'll stop arguing when Train stops arguing.
"He started it!"
After all, this is rather amusing.

more_horiz
you do realize the current meta are decks that say you can't play ygo because I don't allow you to even make a move or have some answer to what I have. Get on my experience level and stop being retarded.

more_horiz
Man just what everyone needed, honest at 2. (sigh) time to bust out the old clear vice dragon, dangit

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
you do realize the current meta are decks that say you can't play ygo because I don't allow you to even make a move or have some answer to what I have. Get on my experience level and stop being retarded.

Yes, I know Emptiness and Skill Drain attempt to do that.  That doesn't mean anything, because Konami seems to have a thing against hitting any such cards.  Looks like this has become a Heavy Storm topic, when Snatch Steal and Honest are the real problems in THIS LIST. Heavy has been banned for how many formats now?  Three or four?  Nobody should have expected it  back.
Given you throw insults for no apparent reason except that I disagree (I was polite about it too, until you started acting up) I don't think I want to be near your "level".
I think I'm done.  It was fun, but this argument is the same thing over and over:
"Heavy stops all floodgates so it should be back"
"Don't most decks have outs to floodgates?"
"Use of Heavy is a healthy way to balance the game"  "Heavy is a stupid topdeck that ruins established fields"  This hasn't helped either of us, but especially not me.  If you think you're better, fine.  I will NEVER want Heavy back, so I guess I'm a bad player.  OK.
But this stupid "argument" is starting to monopolize the topic.

more_horiz
The ban list was always accommodate Konami's current cash cows.

more_horiz
Chat bitch, also yeah we always knew it

more_horiz
DSF is at 1 and Goyo is at 2, why does it take so much time for KONAMI to put them Unlimited, they can not do anything spectacular any more.. Snatch-Steal, huehehe nice.

more_horiz
Goyo could go to 3 and nothing would change. You're right skit-san, it's just not the spectacular card it once was.

Also DSF is rubbish because of the errata, people won't play it at all.
Regardless of its place on the banlist.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply