Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionIdea for new tournament.  EmptyIdea for new tournament.

more_horiz
It's properly been done for before but I'll suggest it anyway.

A back to basics tournament could be pretty cool.
Like your only aloud to use cards from back in the days for example you can only use cards from the year of 2002 - 2003 (or something)
Or possibly do two, one where everyone is given the same pre constructed deck (like a structure deck) and another one where other users make there own deck made from the cards available at the selected time.

PS sorry I can't lay the text out any better I'm typing on my tablet Sad

descriptionIdea for new tournament.  EmptyRe: Idea for new tournament.

more_horiz
I'm not sure whether people are interested in a tournament that doesn't help them gain any new experience. Also, back in 2002 there wasn't that many cards that people actually use.

more_horiz
I do not approve of this hate old school and hate new school has to be just right for me to like it

more_horiz
Yeah 2002 - 2003 is a bit extreme thinking about it lol
Maybe pre 2009 (Pre Snyc, XYZ & Pend) so like the title it will be back to basics just Norm, Eff, Magic & Traps. I think it can help you gain valuable experience because its pushing people outside of there comfort zone and making them think outside the box.

more_horiz
On DMG Time machine tournaments (like this) are common. But instead of use cards from A to B, they just use a Banlist Reference for example the last was using the April 2005 Banlist. All cards that were legally released before that date was allowed. The format was GOATS and cool deck combos like Last Turn and stuff. We can try to do a Time Machine in a recently time such as 2010. This means 6 cards per 1st turn draw and ingnition effect priority.

more_horiz
The thing is not many people know when was some of the cards releases, and Googling when they were released cab be a pain in the ass. But, we could make a Banlist of our own and host a tournament around it, we'll see.

more_horiz
If need be I can gather those resources for you.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply