Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Upstart Goblin

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
psychoturtle
mystogen
Centrik
zactheking
Skitoritto
King007
10 posters

descriptionUpstart Goblin EmptyUpstart Goblin

more_horiz
I am not seeing the usefulness of this card.

It just lets you draw one single card (let's call it card X) at the cost of your opponent gaining 1000 Lp's.

Let's say you didn't have it in your deck, then you would have drawn card X instead of drawing Upstart goblin then using its effect to draw X, so in either case, you're going to draw card X.

Then what use does it have ? it actually benefits your opponent and it can be replaced with more valuable cards.

If it makes you draw 2 cards then it's a +1 but it's actually a -0.5, as it adds nothing to your draw power and gives your opponent free LPs.

What are your opinions about this ?

descriptionUpstart Goblin EmptyRe: Upstart Goblin

more_horiz
Upstart Goblin is a card that enables you to play a 37 card deck, life point gain is a small sacrifice for what it does. The smaller the deck is the better hands its going to get (Unless your ratios are crazy.).

descriptionUpstart Goblin Emptyupstart goblin

more_horiz
u r right is a use less card if u use it wroung but if u use it right it can help u change the duel in my exp i have i used the right most of the time but i have used it wroung and it has change how my opp has used his cards because of the free lps 

more_horiz
Hm 3 Upstart Goblin's will give you more draw power so you can play with purposes.

more_horiz
Nurse burn disagrees...

descriptionUpstart Goblin EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
mystogen wrote:
Nurse burn disagrees...
Nurse burn is a bad deck tho.

more_horiz
WHST i defeated many opponents and won all!

more_horiz
its a great card......speeds up your deck, imagine your upstarts are a random card that won't help much in your situation but the next card after that in your deck is a game saver/winner... if it was upstart it would save you, this way you die, wanna run upstart now ? ? :D

more_horiz
Summary: Basically cuts your deck size down to 37. Life points are a resource until they are depleted. Ex: Solemn Warning, Judgement, Mausoleum Field Spell, etc.

more_horiz
Like the others have said, it does Jar of greed's effect quicker with a little backlash, but since most decks now can flood the field in a single turn it really doesn't matter.

Personally I prefer having 3x reckless greeds and stacking them so I draw 6 cards for the price of only 2 draw phases, though they are a trap so it takes a turn. Some decks need the speed of a spell.

more_horiz
Active Upstar, draw another upstar, active that upstar, get another upstar... ...Opponent gain 3000 lp and you draw 1 card.

If i want draw power unban me pot of greed some allure, and aluure variant also reckless, but everyone is free to builds deck how they want, but i dont use that.

more_horiz
Mizato wrote:
Like the others have said, it does Jar of greed's effect quicker with a little backlash, but since most decks now can flood the field in a single turn it really doesn't matter.

Personally I prefer having 3x reckless greeds and stacking them so I draw 6 cards for the price of only 2 draw phases, though they are a trap so it takes a turn. Some decks need the speed of a spell.

STOP reviving Necropost -.-

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply