Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionUpstart Goblin EmptyUpstart Goblin

more_horiz
Again fairly new to this site. I don't think I am breaking any rules with this post.

So I realized a lot of people like using the card upstart goblin. I have no idea why any body would use such a useless card. Here is why I think this way.

Lets say you have 5 cards in your hand. You draw one card. Then you have 6 cards in you hand. The card you drew was upstart goblin. You use it. The end result is still 6 cards in your hand BUT, your opponent has a extra 1000 cards.

There is only one case where upstart goblin would be useful that i can think of. That is in a Exodia deck with exactly 40 cards. It is usefull because it is not a needy card. when u draw it u can discard it and draw another card. So it makes it like you only have 37 cards in your hand. The life point thing does not even matter because if you get exodia you win.

So can somebody tell me why anybody uses upstart goblin?

descriptionUpstart Goblin EmptyRe: Upstart Goblin

more_horiz
You talked like Maxx "C" with Spellbooks >:U

more_horiz
Certainly.

3 Upstart Goblins pretty much means a 37 cards deck. Drawing power and deck thinning are things that we need to be able to effectively conduct our combos. Now, the downside is 1000 life points, but what are these?

You have to learn that Life points are a resource. Giving your opponent 1000 sounds like a hard thing to do, but these days the game runs too fast and there's too much fast damage being done. The most abused deck right now is Dragon Lords. Everyone who wants to win simply plays this because it's easy to swarm the field with high level monsters, effectively taking more than the 8000 LP needed to defeat you in one round.

1000 points is a low cost considering the new way the meta works, being that it's all about monster removal and direct attacks with power mongers. Again, this plus the idea of a 37 cards deck I consider to be the reason why it's so popular.

Also, this is the Introductions and Farewells board. Look for another discussion based board to post card related topics.

more_horiz
Wrong section.
"1000 cards."
"37 cards in their hand."
Anyways, it makes your chances of OTKing a lot easier actually.  Draw into your key combos.  A 37 card deck is better than a 40 card deck.  What other card is actually like that?  One Day of Peace is limited.  And your opponent goes +1.  But you can dish out damage before you use it.  Upstart Goblin is a very meta card.  Dishing out damage is not a problem nowadays.  Unless you're like me and using Madolches.

more_horiz
Duel Academy :: Academy Main Lobby :: Introductions and Farewells

Welcome to DA.

more_horiz
L.Lawliet wrote:
Duel Academy :: Academy Main Lobby :: Introductions and Farewells

Welcome to DA.

Dat L 2 troll ._.

more_horiz