Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[Centrik] YGO Blog #1: New Beginning Empty[Centrik] YGO Blog #1: New Beginning

more_horiz
So I started playing again :D Yes, fortunately, the sky is not falling. Seriously I really don't know how to come back being a competitive player because the game has changed so much. Even DN changed. Luckily, 1per suggested me watching all the current YCS decks he posted because those decks are in current format. There are lots of new archtypes, decks and cards that I don't know or I'll never be able to know. Well, I think it's the consequence for not playing for 1 year. But yeah, check out his awesome report!

His awesome report: http://www.duelacademy.net/t40500-news-event-ycs-madrid

description[Centrik] YGO Blog #1: New Beginning EmptyRe: [Centrik] YGO Blog #1: New Beginning

more_horiz
Loving the "awesome report" bits Cent! Wink Do you know which deck(s) you will start using?

description[Centrik] YGO Blog #1: New Beginning EmptyRe: [Centrik] YGO Blog #1: New Beginning

more_horiz
lel this section isnt really open yet am still workin to fix some issues :> so all posts and topics will be deleted once everything is set

more_horiz
Yh my bad Anzo I only just noticed there was a problem with it after posting. Looking forward to it's completion though.

more_horiz
It's fixed

more_horiz
I haven't touched any cards yet 1per lol! I only read all of them a bit.

What decks do you recommend so I'm not hated when I'm playing?

@Anzo Thanks fm's admins.

more_horiz
This is YGO Cent your hated somehow with whatever you use. However I guess that depends on how competitive you want to be and your play style. Personally I find Burning Abyss and Shaddolls fun to use and they are highly competitive. Perhaps give them a go?

more_horiz
Yeah this will be a pain to learn everything new.....I'll try Burning Abyss first then.

more_horiz
It's never fun coming back after a brake from dueling. Good luck and if you want to do some testing let me know.

more_horiz
Also, can you give me sample of meta decks and current staple cards? That'll make it easier for me to replay the game.

description[Centrik] YGO Blog #1: New Beginning EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Ok here are example decks for the big 3 that were the most successful at YCS Madrid. Staples atm are: Vanity's Emptiness, Warning, CED, Breakthrough. You can get away with just that stuff in some decks. Bottomless and Torrential are still ok, just not as good as they used to be.

Shaddolls 1st Place :

Burning Abyss Top 8 :

Satellarknights Top 16 :

more_horiz
Only these 3 decks are new? And then there are old decks like H.A.T, Evilswarms, etc,...?

more_horiz
Well Yang Zing also came out in Duelist Alliance but despite being good by normal standards it was the weakest of the new archetypes in that pack.

Basically all relevant decks you need to be familiar with beating are on the Madrid page but all the others are older decks. You can view the amount of duelists who used the decks as the percentage chance of dueling against that deck. So therefore Shaddoll should be the most common match up.

more_horiz
Thanks mate. Looks like I only need to know these 3 decks and H.A.T to get back to the game. It may be easy.....may be not.

more_horiz
No problem, good luck. I doubt it will be easy but it won't be too hard. Oh and HAT isn't as much of a problem any more, it sucks against Shaddoll. Laughing

more_horiz
Why do they suck against Shadolls?

more_horiz
Well lets say that Shadolls go first and summon El Shaddoll Winda. HAT only has outs in the form of the attack reactive traps and CED without even mentioning any of the other Shaddoll cards. All the HAT monsters are useless against Winda alone.

Normally the only way HAT can beat Shaddoll is by siding the crap out of them or maining something like Majesty's Fiend. Either way, it's never a fun duel for a HAT player

more_horiz
Aw thanks man. It's really confusing me but I'll understand in no time :D

more_horiz
Haha, I remember I took a break about a month before the release of Tachyon Galaxy. I came back 1 week after it's release and went straight into a duel. I was just like WTF as I got pummelled by some noob with Rulers. I was confused for about a week after lol. It shouldn't be too hard to pick up though.

more_horiz
The second problem is I will need to take time to play competitive again. I've slept in peace too much that I'm scared of dueling and changes. But fuk that, I'll play meta lol I can't lose.

more_horiz
You guys using this instead of Skype conversations? lol

more_horiz
No I'm pretty sure I'm blogging lol #defense

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum