Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionPhoenix wing wind blast question EmptyPhoenix wing wind blast question

more_horiz
So in a scenario where both me and my opponent have monsters an im attacking into his monster. He'll use magic cylinder, now if I'd activate wind blast and targeted his monster, what would happen? Im guessing there would be a replay, would the cylinder just be wasted or would I still take my monsters dmg and it couldn't attack anymore this turn?

descriptionPhoenix wing wind blast question EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
It will cause a replay and Magic Cylinder will fully resolve.And when it resolves it's treated like your monster attacked.As it's attack was "negated" by Magic Cylinder.
Official Rulebook wrote:
"After you’ve announced your attacking monster and the attack target monster during a Battle Step, the attack target might be removed from the field, or a new monster may be placed on the opponent’s side of the field before the Damage Step, due to a card’s effect. This causes a "Replay". When this occurs, you can choose to attack with the same monster again, or choose to attack with a different monster, or choose not to attack at all. Note that if you attack with a different monster, the first monster is still considered to have declared an attack, and it cannot attack again this turn."

descriptionPhoenix wing wind blast question EmptyRe: Phoenix wing wind blast question

more_horiz
Chain's resolving, PWWB resolves, Cylinder resolves, negating your attack (even though you aren't attacking a valid target at that moment), and a replay does not occur.

descriptionPhoenix wing wind blast question EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Coolz good to know

descriptionPhoenix wing wind blast question EmptyRe: Phoenix wing wind blast question

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply