Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionHero Blast vs. D.D. Crow EmptyHero Blast vs. D.D. Crow

more_horiz
Ok we all know what these cards does, but i am confuse of the ruling of Hero Blast. My problem is that I don't know if the returning the normal hero monster is a cost for this eff to resolve. If it is, can d.d. crow effect it of anyway? If not, then i will be one happy man.

descriptionHero Blast vs. D.D. Crow EmptyRe: Hero Blast vs. D.D. Crow

more_horiz
There is no cost associated with Hero Blast. When Hero Blast is activated, 2 targets are chosen, 1 is a monster on the opponent's field (optional) and the other is a Hero in the player's graveyard. The card resolves by destroying the targeted monster (if there was one and if it still exists), and then bringing the Hero monster from the graveyard to the hand.

When Hero Blast is activated, you can chain D.D. Crow and banish the targeted Hero monster in the graveyard. Since it is a chain, Crow resolves before Hero Blast (chains resolve backward), and the targeted Hero monster will no longer be in the graveyard so Hero Blast will not receive that part of the effect (although it will still destroy a monster on the field if one was selected).

more_horiz
^ Correction Hero Blast first returns the Hero Monster to the hand then checks the opponent's field for a monster with equal or lesser ATK then the returned monster and then gives you the option to destroy the monster if you want. And if you chain D.D. Crow to Hero Blast, Hero Blast's effect would fizzle >_>

Hero Blast wrote:
If the selected "Elemental Hero" Normal Monster is not returned to your hand, you cannot destroy 1 of your opponent's cards.

more_horiz
As Archer says, destroying a card does not target nor is it mandatory since why Stardust Drgon also can't negate Hero Blast's activation.

And as mentioned before, if the target is no longer in grave and cannot be returned to the hand, you will not destroy anything.

Solved, locked.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply