Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[Test Suggestion]Change the Originality Chart! Empty[Test Suggestion]Change the Originality Chart!

more_horiz
Every tester has his own criteria for this,and in most cases these criteria do not match.
So students for example tested by Tester Bob get 5/5 for a H.A.T deck because he never faced one or 5/5 for a Archetype build whom way of function he forgot or never used the right way.
While tester Jill gives the same player 2 for playing H.A.T because that deck is over used and has a "Standard" build player uses,Jill knowing that the Archetype that player used plays that way and that build use is standard gives the player 2 for his "Originality".

Chart I'm Suggesting:
1 - Bad Archetype Build
2 - Regular Archetype Build ; Well known Cookie Cutter Build (H.A.T,Zombies,Quickdraw Turbo,Anti-Meta,Diamond Dude Turbo,Teleport DAD,Chaos Piper,Ritual Piper...) ;
3 - Unique Archetype Build ; Inconsistent Cookie Cutter Build ; Well known Cookie Cutter deck with unusual techs whom make it better.
4 - Inconsistent Unique Cookie Cutter with powerful plays/Field Dominance.
5 - Consistent Unique Cookie Cutter with powerful plays/Field Dominance .

Who cares about 5 points here and there you might ask?
Every point counts,as someone who has been tested I can tell that,just that 2-3 points is enough to make your an Obelisk,just that little push.
Just one mistake by the tester can place someone somewhere he does not belong,and that is why we should change it.

description[Test Suggestion]Change the Originality Chart! EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Staff members are discussing should we keep Originality as a Test Element at the moment...
It's a important in my opinion since even you know that it isn't the same to win with Meta or some random archeype that nobody knows.

more_horiz
From time to time there are people who put some work into it and make something interesting that works well and that noone has seen b4 with no cookie cutting in sight.
Those people deserve the respect and the reward for the effort.

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Staff members are discussing should we keep Originality as a Test Element at the moment...
It's a important in my opinion since even you know that it isn't the same to win with Meta or some random archeype that nobody knows.
Playing an Archetype no one knows of,really Galaksii?How is playing an Archetype deck Original,just how?They are pre-made decks...
@Hope,Ya that's what I was sayin.

more_horiz
It doesen't have to be Archetype and the way you said it since you did't understood me indicates you know to name only Meta?
-Please don't act smart again...

more_horiz
Btw what would be a "Bad archetype"

more_horiz
UniqueHope wrote:
Btw what would be a "Bad archetype"

Infernity deck using bad support they have and using plenty of Discard cards.A good example would be those famous 1 of Each HERO deck scrubs on DN play.
@Galaksii I really don't understand what you said ._..

more_horiz
You said: How is playing Archetype original?
You want to know how?
Here...
I heard Hope is using Artifacts (not sure what variant) on his tests, it's a little bit rough but it's correct way! We get so see how is player goingt to get out of shit...
So, if someone beats Hope or any of us with Meta, that's not original and it's expected...
And, if someone wins against him with CBs, Ice Barrier, Watts, Lightrays or anything similar isn't original? That person deserves to be high ranked and that person found a way to make it trough and make a form that can win against some crazy ass deck...
Skitt, I saw your dumb comments on DNF made you come back here since real talented players realized you're talking nonsence sometimes. You need to realize that you're just a regular member here who likes to be smart.
I got it all written... Have a nice day... Bye...

(Hope, sorry if you find this offensive since I mentioned you, you were good example of our testing. I apologize in advance to you... <33 )

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
You want to know how?
Here...
I heard Hope is using Artifacts (not sure what variant) on his tests,  it's a little bit rough but it's correct way! We get so see how is player goingt to get out of shit...
So, if someone beats Hope or any of us with Meta, that's not original and it's expected...
And, if someone wins against him with CBs, Ice Barrier, Watts, Lightrays or anything similar isn't original? That person deserves to be high ranked and that person found a way to make it trough and make a form that can win against some crazy ass deck...
Skitt, I saw your dumb comments on DNF made you come back here since real talented players realized you're talking nonsence sometimes. You need to realize that you're just a regular member here who likes to be smart.

(Hope, sorry if you find this offensive since I mentioned you, you were good example of our testing. I apologize in advance to you... <33 )
Term Original in Yu-Gi-Oh! means creating a deck no one has ever played before,
creating an deck with unique play style.
Person playing for example Fortune Ladies can't be considered Original,I would use word Hipster/Meta Hater instead as being original does not meat being different.It means being one of a kind!

Answer on DNF Part:
I stopped posting in discussion topics there because forums are to big and most of those discussions are useless.I agree I have made some dumb comments in the past,but I'm not who I was when I made those posts now.
Yes,I agree I'm not a good player,my only talent is Deck Building and that is it.

more_horiz
Np gala I don't mind at all, just a bit of a correction, I use traptrix and hands in da tests, but not the artifacts ^-^

more_horiz
Hidalgo™ wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
You want to know how?
Here...
I heard Hope is using Artifacts (not sure what variant) on his tests,  it's a little bit rough but it's correct way! We get so see how is player goingt to get out of shit...

Term Original in Yu-Gi-Oh! means creating a deck no one has ever played before,
creating an deck with unique play style.
Person playing for example Fortune Ladies can't be considered Original,I would use word Hipster/Meta Hater instead as being original does not meat being different.It means being one of a kind!

Answer on DNF Part:
I stopped posting in discussion topics there because forums are to big and most of those discussions are useless.I agree I have made some dumb comments in the past,but I'm not who I was when I made those posts now.
Yes,I agree I'm not a good player,my only talent is Deck Building and that is it.

I don't know where you read that, but as original deck is considered every single deck that is rare and not seen very often.
At least every player that I know thinks so...
Judging to you, there are no original decks at all :/

more_horiz
That is what they said to me at Serbian Yu-Gi-Oh!
Forums Original term means,I think Unique would be better term for it,I stick to Original as I was hoping everyone is using the same term,sorry mate.

Example of Original/Unique would be Cookie-Cutter decks like TELE DAD.The Idea behind this deck was something people have never saw before,it started being popular and become "Standard" but it still is an Original deck concept(Original - Not Pre Made by KONAMI).

Rate 4 and 5 should be hard to get,and only people who make something no one has ever tough about should get it.Like Imagine if the creator of H.A.T (Before the hype) came here to be tested,what would he get on Originality by my list?

Also I'm suggesting that everyone who gets a flawless score at DA's test becomes ABD.If you people used my deck Originality chart to pull off something like that would really be impossible,but a worthy challenge,might attract some good players if you spread the rumor a bit,who knows.

description[Test Suggestion]Change the Originality Chart! EmptyRe: [Test Suggestion]Change the Originality Chart!

more_horiz
I already shared my notion regarding Deck originality category in the staff sections, so I won't repeat the same thing here.

It's worth to note, that Deck originality was basically included in our tests because it matters to credit creative people for making good decks that aren't meta, as long as they can win with it or at least put a good show. When you're Slifer Red all matters is that you know how the game works, you know the general rulings of the game, and you know how to use your cards. When you're Ra yellow you're expected to have a better rulings and a better skills at creating different decks and not just lay back and netdeck others. When you're Obelisk Blue, you're expected to be perfect when it comes to rulings, game mechanics, deck building and your ability to create decks that no one can think of or even if they do they can't pull it off to win games with it. Deck Originality has 5 points out of 50, It's not large portion of the points, but If you can get the 5 points in such category, I can only expect the other categories to be easier.

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
I already shared my notion regarding Deck originality category in the staff sections, so I won't repeat the same thing here.

It's worth to note, that Deck originality was basically included in our tests because it matters to credit creative people for making good decks that aren't meta, as long as they can win with it or at least put a good show. When you're Slifer Red all matters is that you know how the game works, you know the general rulings of the game, and you know how to use your cards. When you're Ra yellow you're expected to have a better rulings and a better skills at creating different decks and not just lay back and netdeck others. When you're Obelisk Blue, you're expected to be perfect when it comes to rulings, game mechanics, deck building and your ability to create decks that no one can think of or even if they do they can't pull it off to win games with it. Deck Originality has 5 points out of 50, It's not large portion of the points, but If you can get the 5 points in such category, I can only expect the other categories to be easier.
So pretty much you said nothing.Why did you make me read this man.Can't you just simply say if you agree with this or not?

description[Test Suggestion]Change the Originality Chart! EmptyRe: [Test Suggestion]Change the Originality Chart!

more_horiz
I said it once, this type of testing is too flawed to be fairly used. Testing system like this works only if you sit down and play many games with different decks and situations. Playing a match or two does not work. Great players lose sometimes in simplest games which does not make them less pro at all.

Same like luck factor is hard to eliminate from ygo, you try to decrease it with your deck making. In tests is no different, that same luck factor can make your decision flawed if you don't test with multiple duels/decks/scenarios etc. However, this test system will always be like that since you cannot increase time for testing and more effort, testers are not robots and not paid to do it. So yeah. Plus they are all on different skill level which makes it even worse.

Still, for people who just want a bit of fun here, they can care less for those flaws and deal with what they get for free :D

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply