Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[Thought] Is performing important in a live? Empty[Thought] Is performing important in a live?

more_horiz
I thought I might paste my thought in here, too, since members may play music. So, let's start.

Is performing really important? Or we can just play music until the live ends? That's a really tough question, since people don't really think much about it. First, let's take a look at this example of one of the most famous classic Bossa Nova - The Girl from Ipanema:

She doesn't even move a bit when singing, right?

Now, let's listen to the singer again with the same song:

Can you feel the different? The second time, not only the singer, every other instrument players now have style. And what happens if everyone play with style? You won't stop your feet or neck. Let's see what's improved (both singer and others):

- Expres​sion(eyes, mouth, cheeks, etc,...)
- Hand (swinging around)
- Body (dancing)
- Neck (moving)
- Feet (stomping)

It's not like what she did when she was young. She really improved and you can really feel the music in the second one.

So, what can we learn from these videos? Never stop expressing when playing or singing, because that'll limit your skill to the next levels.

Thanks for reading my thought Smile Bye and have a good day!

Here the song the your day!

Want Skype Jazz Piano lessons? Skype: lawrencetranjazzpianist

description[Thought] Is performing important in a live? EmptyRe: [Thought] Is performing important in a live?

more_horiz
It's a show, people want to make their money worth.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply