Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[News] LS Support

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+10
BlackWarGreymon
Angry Dueling Nerd
spottysn1per
DefinitelyNotXrai
UniqueHope
Gremlin
jjh927
Luna
Anzo
Kandy.JPEG
14 posters

description[News] LS Support  Empty[News] LS Support

more_horiz
[News] LS Support  YgoNews

LightSworn Support: Lightsworn Sanctuary

[News] LS Support  Sanctuary

Broken or nwah?

LightSworn Sanctuary
Continuous Spell
Once per turn: You can send 1 "Lightsworn" monster from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 other "Lightsworn" monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. Each time a card(s) is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard, place 1 Shine Counter on this card. If a "Lightsworn" card(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can remove 2 Shine Counters from your side of the field for each of those "Lightsworn" card(s) instead.

Credits: https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=6233

description[News] LS Support  EmptyRe: [News] LS Support

more_horiz
.___. KONAMI...

more_horiz
Getting real tired of your shit Konami

more_horiz
Well this should up Lightsworns quite a bit. Luna wonders how much this will help LS; it definitely will help in the consistency area.

description[News] LS Support  EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Luna wrote:
Well this should up Lightsworns quite a bit. Luna wonders how much this will help LS; it definitely will help in the consistency area.

Not necessarily. This would be another spell that lightsworn need to run. There's the key word: "Spell". Lightsworn decks tend to need higher concentrations of monsters so that milling is actually worthwhile.

more_horiz
also the fact that this card does not get a special effect if it gets milled makes it pretty bad

and you normally dont leave you lightsworn monsters on the field if you are going for game so its effect to save them is a little pointless

more_horiz
Gremlin wrote:
also the fact that this card does not get a special effect if it gets milled makes it pretty bad

and you normally dont leave you lightsworn monsters on the field if you are going for game so its effect to save them is a little pointless

It's effect protects lightsworn card(s) so it protects itself as well, letting you protect it while giving you the ability to bring back things like Lumina from your grave.

more_horiz
It's bad for milling
It doesn't save cards from destruction by battle
It doesn't work on the most valuable card LS have, JD and possibly mikael, that one is yet to be determined

Overall meh, i'd rather run no actual backrow and other effects than to hope that i have 2 counters when there's an ice hand on board

Last edited by UniqueHope on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Lightsworn needs to keep up with the meta. I like it. Kill that Wulf you always draw to get your summoners.

more_horiz
Card is meh. At best it's a 1 of in the deck, as it really won't do anything that worthwhile for most of the duel. Only actually good thing I can see is you can keep adding back Luminas. The protection is mediocre in a world of 101 and battle destruction.

more_horiz
and you guys act as if it broken

just wait untill they start support for Crystal Beasts or better yet make a another broken card for six sams

more_horiz
We're not acting likke it it's boken....

more_horiz
Mediocre

more_horiz
I cant see it gettting any play.

more_horiz
probably this card was made to keep your otk alive for game, if you bring out jd and go boom, all you need is 10 counters for your field to survive while opp goes down.

more_horiz
Well JD isn't a LS so it can't protect him or Rulers etc. Most of the time you will only have a max of 3 LS on field when you push for game so really it doesn't even serve that purpose well enough for decent use.

more_horiz
Final conclusion this card sucks

more_horiz
It would be good in a deck that is focused on using the LS and doesn't use JD as a win condition...that deck however would suck donkey balls.

more_horiz
So again this thing sucks

more_horiz
Personally i think this card is alright. It can actually make a seperate LS build that can focus on the effects of the other LS monsters. To further side with this card i think you can even use the spell and traps of the LS archtype if you put some time into testing. I'll definitely try to prove this by testing the card :D

more_horiz
Good luck to you Black*5tar and if you do it you will shock almost every member of this accademy.

more_horiz
Yeah it prob will

more_horiz
I think the card is good, and has potential. What I don't understand is why is there no support for JD? I understand it doesn't really need it, but it would be awesome to have a card where the effect was something like "Reveal 1 "Judgment Dragon" in your hand; Send 2 "Lightsworn" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard and draw 1 card" It would be called "Judgment Calling", or something like that.

more_horiz
One slight issue being that chances of having JD in hand with that card aren't huge so it wouldn't be viable really as LS can't afford to have any frequently dead cards.

more_horiz
^people drawing 3 JD way too often though

more_horiz
Yeah I guess so. Personally I'm a consistancy whore so I try to remove anything that is likely to be dead. However being a consistancy whore I can't stand to duel with LS it causes unending pain as I have no luck.

more_horiz
Guess you are not dueling on DN as in there it is impossible to make a deck that will be consistent 10 duels in a row without starting to draw triples of everything and getting stacked like crazy.

more_horiz
Haha I only play on DN, I prefer to be social when duelling. Although can't disagree the shuffler is ass but I still try to beat it!

more_horiz
Shuffler bad?

This is where deck consistency steps in

more_horiz
Haha consistency can only get you so far. Like Train said if you draw 3 copies of a card in your hand it's rare you wanted all 3 and sometimes will just cost you the duel..

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply