Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionThanks for the support. EmptyThanks for the support.

more_horiz
I have had a question that I have been PMing the mods about for most of this evening and hadn't gotten a reply. I have been looking for answers about how I am actually supposed to learn something from other students all day and it seems no-one seems to actually know anything/care for this 'academy' at all.

Now I'm not trying to flame and I'm sure someone will assume I am and give me a warning but this is a valid complaint. The Ra dorm's leader has apparently been really inactive and not replaced and I still haven't been told what I'm supposed to do to learn apart from feel my way through deckbuilding by dueling, being told my choices are bad on a flawed dueling program.

Can someone get back to me tomorrow on my hamachi so we can smooth this all out?

Partisansoul

EDIT: I know this breaks rule 3 about showing respect but why should I show respect if I get ignored in return? That doesn't seem very respectful to me.

EDIT: I should also mention that I came here to learn, not be told to duel my way better as I want to get back into the game quickly before going to locals in a few weeks and building up from there, feeling my way through doesn't feel right to achieve this which is what this whole issue is about.
H3ll0

descriptionThanks for the support. EmptyRe: Thanks for the support.

more_horiz
If reading our starter's guide wasn't enough of help, what you did was right then. No warnings or anything.
Improving yourself comes in two steps, First, You improve your knowledge of the game..Asking how ? By reading articles posted, getting fixes, reading combos, strategies, discussions and even others' card questions and getting fixes for your own decks.

If that's not enough then there're tournaments/events/regionals which are frequently hosted where you can participate to test your skills (what you've learned).

If that's not enough, then we're sorry for inconvenience but we can't help you any further.[left]

more_horiz
Well that was... an entirely reasonable responce. I didn't expect that from a duel academy forum as I would have gotten banned for that on the last one I went to.

more_horiz
We are not banning people when they ask for help and don't get any Partisansoul Smile

As EJ said one of best things to learn is to read our articles about many different things about YGO. Then proceed to deck making (we have a very very good article for deck building in general in DA Article Section). When you make a deck you go and test it against random people in KCVDS then try it on some better duelists here by talking with them on Hamachi nets and arranging duels. Then you can post in Deck Discussion Class section to get help on your deck. After that you can also participate in tournaments to see what Side deck really means and get a good experience. In YGO its all in experience.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply