Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Nintendo wins E3

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+8
jjh927
Angry Dueling Nerd
Nuran
Anzo
Heatnix
Luna
Train Heartnet
Salader
12 posters

descriptionNintendo wins E3 EmptyNintendo wins E3

more_horiz
No one can top this

descriptionNintendo wins E3 EmptyRe: Nintendo wins E3

more_horiz
Hell no, Sony won it again....

more_horiz
Sorry Train but Luna is with Salad on this one. Nintendo won E3.

more_horiz
The problem with Sony is that it's major titles were third party, multi plat games. The other "big announcements" were re-masters and the last thing they had was Uncharted 4, which was a tiny cinematic video of what was going on. No gameplay, no mechanics, no story, just a small tease.

Although they did good, it wasn't mind blowing.

Nintendo didn't do amazing either, but they did enjoy themselves recording this so I suppose that was good. They had that battle scene plus some Robot Chicken stuff, some disappointing games and some interesting stuff as well. I think all 3 did fine but not amazing.

more_horiz
Don't spoil it for me please, I haven't had the time to see it yet, I just collected all videos and made a list on YT and going to watch them all once my internet gives me the permission and show some mercy on me.

more_horiz
Nintendo's conference was BS >_> they are even almost bankrupt..... Plus most of the games that you actually care for were shown on PS4... (thats coming from a PC gamer)

descriptionNintendo wins E3 EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
@Anzo I'll try not to spoil anything! there's a lot of good stuff there so I hope you enjoy yourself and the internet has mercy on you.

@Train, I think you're not seeing this with any objectivity.

First of all, they're not bankrupt, not by a long shot. They're worth more than Sony as a company and they only sell games compared to them. Also, MS has sent signs of wanting to sell their game division.

Also, again (and I suppose you're not understanding this) the "most of the games you care about were shown on PS4" while it's true, these games are MULTI-PLATS. Sony does NOT own these games, you can play them on XBone and PC as well, they were just *shown* there. That doesn't make them neither good nor bad, but the things they had to offer were just fine.

Nintendo didn't do amazing either, but they did something completely different to the other 2 so it was quite a refreshment. They definitely brought the gameplay and creativity down while the other 2 got us graphics and the games everyone loves.

Also, now I see why you're so close minded and aggressive. PC gamer... =p

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
Nintendo's conference was BS >_> they are even almost bankrupt..... Plus most of the games that you actually care for were shown on PS4... (thats coming from a PC gamer)

As long as they keep releasing pokemon games they will never go bankrupt

more_horiz
Heat not a good thing to say also not a good move to make me mad, Nintendo are in a bad shape the Wii U is dead, no one wants to buy it and no one wants to make games for it yeah....... Well except some weird die hard fans.... And multy-planform games always play better on a certain platform then the rest... Like a game meant for PC is ported to PS and Xbone and plays really bad there but is just fine on PC and vise versa...

And i would think twice before calling someone close minded you damn US ***** ************* **************************** D: *insert nuclear anger explosion*

more_horiz
Train, you've only proven me right. Your arguments are so wrong I don't even have to continue. =p

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:

Eh the only PS4 exclusive announcement that Luna really cared about was Bloodbourne. The rest were third party that would appear on PC (unless Luna missed a GG Xrd trailer or something). Splatoon looked interesting. Like it isn't super amazing, but it looked rather interesting and fun. The Zelda announcement was interesting, although Luna wants to see more gameplay, but it looks like they are upping the ante on the world. Wii U was only dead since it kind of lacked games, but as games are coming out, it may recover. Smash Bros. 4 is the one Luna is most excited about and will probably be the reason why Luna will buy a Wii U. Luna enjoyed Nintendo's Press Conference more than Sony's.

more_horiz
Luna wrote:
The Zelda announcement was interesting, although Luna wants to see more gameplay, but it looks like they are upping the ante on the world.

The video you saw was rendered in game. What you saw is pretty close to what you'll actually be playing.

On a side note, the conference didn't present some games or info. They've been casting for about 5 hours now with quite extensive demos of Xenoblade Chronicles, Splatoon, Mario Maker and the Smash Bros invitation-only tournament.

more_horiz
Heatnix wrote:

The video you saw was rendered in game. What you saw is pretty close to what you'll actually be playing.

It was rendered in game yes, but we didn't get to see how the game played.

Well Luna, is going to need to find a summer job to afford that Wii U now.

more_horiz
Heatnix wrote:
Train, you've only proven me right. Your arguments are so wrong I don't even have to continue. =p

Wrong? go read some gaming news first on nintendo and their sales first... plus Sony are supposed to bring out their big guns in the Tokyo Game Show, so that means GG Xrd and FF XV

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
Heatnix wrote:

Wrong? go read some gaming news first on nintendo and their sales first... plus Sony are supposed to bring out their big guns in the Tokyo Game Show, so that means GG Xrd and FF XV

The Tokyo Game Show is besides the point, as is Nintendo's current Sales. The thread is focused specifically on three first party companies' (Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft) performance during their E3 Press Conference in which Luna, along with others, believes Nintendo won. However, overall Luna didn't find any of them to do super fantastically amazing this E3.

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
Heatnix wrote:

Like I said, I have to say no more. You just keep digging deeper on your own! Man! xp

more_horiz
I think Xbox 1 is the way to go just cause they have 2 games the Nintendo gave up on
and 1 of witch is my favorite series that was dead for 17 years:

Killer Instinct

more_horiz
IGN's description of the zelda trailer wrote:

In the brief demo, a cloaked Link sits on horseback until a tentacle monster appears on the horizon. His horse races off with the monster in pursuit, as a few local herders and animals run for cover. The monster pursues Link across a bridge, breaks a portion of the wooden structure ahead of the hero, and moves in to strike. Link rips off his cloak

I wonder where this is going..?

more_horiz
obviously they are putting a rape scene into the next zelda game

very daring approach to the game but I for one think that old and new fans alike will really love it

this is something the series has really been missing I applaud it

more_horiz
But how long will it take for nintendon't fans to realise they are trying to out last there time:
yes they have better consols argu-ably but they games are for younger crowds (13 and younger) while Sony, PC, and Microsoft or getting games for all gamers (young and more mature) therefor nintendo loses in my eyes

more_horiz
Angry Dueling Nerd wrote:
But how long will it take for nintendon't fans to realise they are trying to out last there time:
yes they have better consols argu-ably but they games are for younger crowds (13 and younger) while Sony, PC, and Microsoft or getting games for all gamers (young and more mature) therefor nintendo loses in my eyes

Yes, but Nintendo has Smash Bros. So they auto-win because Smash Bros. is like Exodia. Though they are starting to get into more mature games... somewhat... if Bayonetta 2 comes out already...

more_horiz
^Guilty Gear Xrd says fu to Smash Bros

more_horiz
@Angry Dueling Nerd: Actually, Sony and Microsoft are busier releasing games for Manchildren above anything else. Go figure. But at least you admitted previously that you're biased due to nostalgia.

@Train: You, however, can't admit that you're biased for a few games you love that didn't even get that much presence if any at all at E3. I still have to say nothing for you to let you dig deeper on your own, since your arguments are just nonsensical. Every single MAIN Guilty Gear game has sold on average 100-150 thousand units. Smash Bros Brawl alone has sold 11.49 million units. Do the math if you can. That's one game in the series versus every game in the series. You're so biased this is still pretty funny.

I apologize for picking on you. I shouldn't go after easy kills.

more_horiz
Angry Dueling Nerd wrote:

You're completely wrong in every single way you could possibly be wrong.

Nintendo primarily caters to non-RTS or FPS games. And they do that incredibly well. The only games from sony or microsoft that I consider on par with nintendo's many first party and second party series in this aspect are the sly cooper series. Aside from that one series, nintendo dominates the market.

Let's have a quick look. Platformer games? People will play them as flash games online. However, nintendo can still sell mario games. That's a key point that shows the overall supremacy in market here; there are thousands of free platform games that you can play online, and yet people still buy mario games because they're adding new innovations and pushing forwards. And there's the characters with ever-increasing legacies and histories that you just can't get rid of. Familiarity is good as it works as both a seal of quality and a way to continue where you left off.

As you can see if you actually paid any attention to E3, nintendo has character in their characters. Nintendo used E3 as a way to showcase everything that makes the company great, and actually showed real GAMEPLAY VIDEOS for their announcements. They actually care about their followers and the people who play their games and don't just think of conferences as pure advertising. Reggie is proof that they see the need in communicating with their audience. I really don't see the same level of communication with sony and microsoft.

Next, nintendo are not aimed at younger crowds. Some games might be, but you're an absolute idiot if you honestly believe that even a significant amount of nintendo's games are aimed at children of 13 or younger.

Finally, I find it impossible to consider any online gaming community in existence "mature". FPSes and RTSes have some of the worst and least mature communities in the entirety of the internet.

When the console era inevitably ends, nintendo will still be around and will be succeeding. That'll be because they make games that people will want to buy consoles for, while for other games people will make do with PCs. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if other games companies gave up their exclusive games and ported them to PC at later points, but nintendo never will.

You'll see what I mean in terms of games that sell consoles when super smash bros universe comes out.

(And I bet nintendo are actually behind the gomatsu leak, and it's out there to make people anticipate news regarding SSB and get extremely hyped. Right before release they'll suddenly announce K. Rool, mewtwo, ridley and professor layton or something and 80% of the gaming world will simultaneously buy a wii U. They're probably starting to make millions of wii Us in anticipation of how sold out they're gonna be.)

more_horiz
in LTD sales Nintendo is ahead of Xbone... the Wii U is dead? i think not. PS4 is slightly ahead of them. and sales will continue to rise for the Wii U due to Zelda, Star Fox, Smash Bros., and all their other major games

more_horiz
The Great Wyrmking wrote:
in LTD sales Nintendo is ahead of Xbone... the Wii U is dead? i think not. PS4 is slightly ahead of them. and sales will continue to rise for the Wii U due to Zelda, Star Fox, Smash Bros., and all their other major games

Mariokart. The sales are already rising.

more_horiz
Most of the topic is like lol wat yuyoualldodis

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:
^Guilty Gear Xrd says fu to Smash Bros

Smash Bros. is enjoyable by all audiences while GG Xrd (while being a game that Luna really does want) is aimed at a much narrower audience. Luna may possibly enjoy GG Xrd more, but Smash Bros. will most likely make a much larger splash in the entire consumer base than GG will.

more_horiz
This is real cool, I like how they capitalized on the popularity of smash bros. It was probably one of the most played games for the nintendo wii. I just hope they don't do too much to it cause it could possibly take away from its authenticity.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply