Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionWind-up Deck (Trying to make it work) EmptyWind-up Deck (Trying to make it work)

more_horiz
I always had this WU fetish, I like the general idea behind the deck and how it works, I'm trying to see If i can make it capable of taking down meta decks with average hands if able.

I'm 6-4 with this deck so far, I've made few tweaks to it, I'm 1-1 after the tweaks.

I've tried using Rabbits with Factory and everything, but the way I see it, Rabbit was only good alongside Factory because It enables you to get cards faster which in turn should give you the edge to OTK your opponent. But after few games I noticed It doesn't really work anymore. The deck has to be slower now, but consistent with performance, at least from my point of view.

Wind-up Deck (Trying to make it work) FHkAslB

descriptionWind-up Deck (Trying to make it work) EmptyRe: Wind-up Deck (Trying to make it work)

more_horiz
uhm...I dont get it. You only have Rat Shark and Magician, I wouldnt call that a Wind-Up deck.

and why are u using Gorz in a deck full of Backrow?

descriptionWind-up Deck (Trying to make it work) EmptyRe: Wind-up Deck (Trying to make it work)

more_horiz
Gorz is my signature card, I've been adding him to all of my decks for two years now, it makes me feel safe lol

Also I'd call it Wind-up deck even though it doesn't have many WU cards, we used to call Bubbles Beat what it is while it had 3 H Bubbles and a total of 6 heroes. You can call it WU Fist though, if that makes you feel any better.

more_horiz
no wind up factory?

id say three wiretaps are a bit too much

more_horiz
Yea, I didn't see a real use of WU Factory after i removed Rabbit.

more_horiz
whats the last trap you have?

more_horiz
Even kuriboh will be better than gorz in that.

more_horiz
im not seeing the synergy between FF and WU

more_horiz
After removing Rabbit and Factory the closest thing i could replace them with was Fire Fists since they can pretty much blend in any deck if used properly. In general WU uses XYZs to clear the field or do something, while Fire Fists just have to exist there and do the same. It's back and forth relationship between WU and FF where if you're unable to make a combo with WUs by using the XYZ FFs just make it a bit easier with their effects, thats why the deck is a bit focused around surviving and not throwing your entire hand hoping your opponent won't chain anything. It's still a blurry image, there is no real "synergy" between the two archtypes, its all about choosing what you wanna do in certain situations whether you want to go for XYZs way with WUs or go with FFs for a standard results.

more_horiz
couldnt the ice hand and fire hand do that better?

more_horiz
dunno i havent played them together with wu yet i'll give it a try

more_horiz
id say it could be good no need to worry about backrow and icehand can get rid of skill drain

more_horiz
Playing Hands who fit in any deck instead of playing Fire Fist's you are not using to search rabbit looks more "consistent" if you as me.

more_horiz
Welp I've played few games after I replaced the FFs with Hands, I'm 3-1 with it so far, Shadoll is a bitch.

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
Welp I've played few games after I replaced the FFs with Hands, I'm 3-1 with it so far, Shadoll is a bitch.
Never play an TCG deck in OCG-TCG pool ._..

more_horiz
3-1 isnt terrible though

more_horiz
The 3 wins weren't against meta so i don't know how will the deck do against meta yet

more_horiz
3 Onslaught when you only have 5 targets that you'll be searching with Tenki...I dont get it.

more_horiz
circle of the fire kings might be a better option then onslaught

more_horiz
I removed it when i added the Hands.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply