Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionLesson politics (without bad atmosphere) EmptyLesson politics (without bad atmosphere)

more_horiz
Since you ppl tend to lock every topic that lasts more than a day nowadays, I'm not able to reply with some valuable questions/inputs time to time. I'm opening the topic to ask something which I think is wrong politics.

I've been there whole time and I know when we leveled up article and lesson writing to over 9000 ofc. There is one absurd thing in that leveling up though to me. We made it so pro that all those reviews and grammar nazi stuff went too far. One loses will to make it since it needs to pass so much filtering and it ends up as something no one wants to do. We had teachers, a lot of them, but at some point no one was willing to make lessons very active as once. In fast all that professionalism lived until Irate left head teacher position. Later, few of our beloved teachers tried to make it stay pro but failed due to other teachers not supporting them. Who would with so much rules. I mean, for lesson to be posted, in times I started em, I needed like 5 mins to think of something and just post the challenge, set the reward and that is it. Then it became like, days of review n stuff. You lose the pace of writing it then ofc. Now, we lack lessons due to such things. Thing is, few grammar mistakes here or there or some other stuff, it does not matter much as long as ppl get the point lol, aint it?!

Another important reason for not having need for keeping it so strict is this: we don't have anything sorted out, like lesson book that follows a path or so. It is just many random types of challenges written by many different ppl lol. So, why trying to make it so pro when we are not writing a lesson book with precise content list etc...

Imo, just keep it simple, let teachers post simple challenges for ppl to learn some small stuff, nothing too big or complex and that is it. When it gets the momentum again, you can raise the level of toughness and deal with it again.

This is just a thought of mine that I was feeling to share with ya. Maybe you already plan this same thing, maybe you don't like it, maybe you won't even read it, who cares maybe it could give some new ideas if nothing Smile

descriptionLesson politics (without bad atmosphere) EmptyRe: Lesson politics (without bad atmosphere)

more_horiz
and why u dont use the sig i made ;(

descriptionLesson politics (without bad atmosphere) EmptyRe: Lesson politics (without bad atmosphere)

more_horiz
cant find it! :/

more_horiz
Amy Kool wrote:
Since you ppl tend to lock every topic that lasts more than a day nowadays, I'm not able to reply with some valuable questions/inputs time to time. I'm opening the topic to ask something which I think is wrong politics.

I've been there whole time and I know when we leveled up article and lesson writing to over 9000 ofc. There is one absurd thing in that leveling up though to me. We made it so pro that all those reviews and grammar nazi stuff went too far. One loses will to make it since it needs to pass so much filtering and it ends up as something no one wants to do. We had teachers, a lot of them, but at some point no one was willing to make lessons very active as once. In fast all that professionalism lived until Irate left head teacher position. Later, few of our beloved teachers tried to make it stay pro but failed due to other teachers not supporting them. Who would with so much rules. I mean, for lesson to be posted, in times I started em, I needed like 5 mins to think of something and just post the challenge, set the reward and that is it. Then it became like, days of review n stuff. You lose the pace of writing it then ofc. Now, we lack lessons due to such things. Thing is, few grammar mistakes here or there or some other stuff, it does not matter much as long as ppl get the point lol, aint it?!

Another important reason for not having need for keeping it so strict is this: we don't have anything sorted out, like lesson book that follows a path or so. It is just many random types of challenges written by many different ppl lol. So, why trying to make it so pro when we are not writing a lesson book with precise content list etc...

Imo, just keep it simple, let teachers post simple challenges for ppl to learn some small stuff, nothing too big or complex and that is it. When it gets the momentum again, you can raise the level of toughness and deal with it again.

This is just a thought of mine that I was feeling to share with ya. Maybe you already plan this same thing, maybe you don't like it, maybe you won't even read it, who cares maybe it could give some new ideas if nothing Smile

I think a lot of the staff is focusing on so many things that they dont all come together to focus a strengthen one thing at a time. everyone just needs to get together and go down the list of section one by one

more_horiz
I think you don't need to quote that long Minaj.

Amy Kool wrote:

Thanks Amy you supporting Asians Sad

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:
I think you don't need to quote that long Minaj.

Amy Kool wrote:

Thanks Amy you supporting Asians Sad

more_horiz
It's neither Amy. We're not focusing too much on grammar or too much on content either. We're not even planning anything regarding lessons as of now. Our primary objective right now is to slowly make articles, but still, this time we'll focus the quality and not the quantity. I remember in the past any article with good grammar was approved regardless whether it's actually useful for the majority or not. The game is changing, nobody cares about reading a whole page full of walls of texts just to learn how his or her deck works. You can literally learn everything you need about a certain deck by using it for few times, i came back to this game after not playing it for a year and a half and it took me 4 hours to learn everything i needed to learn. What we have in mind is to neither revive lessons or articles, but it's to relax and focus on other aspects, instead of telling people they can read about something, we'll actually show them how it works in an actual duel, which is our main goal, teach people in real duels. That's mainly what our events in the future will focus at.

more_horiz
Fair enough then.

Centrik and Virus, what did I say wrong lol?

more_horiz
You can't teach a newbie all about Yu-Gi-Oh! in 4 hours Anzo,it's impossible.
You can teach him the basics having him read this stuff:

Neko's Guide on Deckbuilding

Konami's Rulebook

Article on Inherent Summons

Problem Solved due to Card Text 

Missing the Timing - An in-depth explanation why Yu-Gi-Oh! relates to busses

7 Steps of Battle

And then he/she has to watch other people duel on high level.Deck guides come after reading this stuff if the player does not want to watch duels.
And after all that he/she needs to learn how to side.
Read cards.
All that takes 5-6 days Wink.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply