Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

I'm assuming DA is dead

power_settings_newLogin to reply

I'm assuming DA is dead

Well since most of you probably wont read this I assume that DA is dead. Why would I make such an obscure statement? Look at the Presentation of Awards Heatnix left DA for some reason, me and N resigned from DA staff, and BWG is no longer anywhere to be found. (JK he is out revolting!) Anyways I don't see this place being any more active since less and less people are logging on everyday. Who do I blame? Mostly Admins when I was mod I couldn't deal with admins just saying no to practically every idea that we had and I am pretty sure that older mods feel the same way. Well this is my two cents thanks for reading pretty sure only like ten people will read this and only like two will respond to me. Razz

Comments

VoxPopulii
the drama.
Endless Sorcerer
Yes
We actually did take into account ideas, however not all of them can be just processed. As the largest academy, we cannot simply have everyone's wishes granted. We take the best ones and see what we can do with them. Ask Heatnix, he was mod once and got to admin position due to his ideas and effort put into them. Also I don't think Train and LOKOS would agree here with you considering that they got many ideas rolling in the past, Train got his tournament ideas through many times, he has now even traditional tournaments he hosts like Chronos one. It was so good in past that now he has 4th episode of it. JJ for example, he has been having a lot of ideas, many rejected though, but still some of them get through, like now Dice Roulette tournament he created. But, i do understand your concern, it is kind of valid to some extent due to us planning what to do with DA. We have come to moments where it's either this or that for DA, many big scale changes are about to come since the place got saturated with same old stuff, we got different visions of the future in DA and thus we could not concentrate much on normal kind of events and suggestions. Sorry for that Whatup, but soon it is going to be over don't worry Wink
Heatnix
Nab, you were a really good mod and we worked well together until you spent your free time on other things and stopped logging in entirely. Don't blame admins for that.

There are big changes coming to DA, as Amy said, and me resigning is not a sign of DA dying. I have my reasons but I can just say that I'm sad that I had to do it but honored that I got to work alongside every mod and admin I met through the time I spent here. I'm not going inactive, I just know where to place my loyalty.

If you logged in more frequently, you'd know what's going on and who's responsible =p
Centrik
Just like what kuro said. DA is going to have its time.
Skitoritto
@Centrik,stop acting like Gremlin and be your own man !
@Whatup It's not dead yet :s. There are little BA's going on tho Surprised .
Centrik
Bro do you even know me.....when I don't write carefully, I'm copying grem.
Alikaey
Lol.
Bubbles
hi
Whatup Nab
My post got deleted ;d Too confidential I'm assuming DA is dead 3974120512
BlackWarGreymon
I say hi
Train Heartnet
lel them spam posts, how about some warnings? I'm assuming DA is dead 610493824
Whatup Nab
Freedom of Speech Razz
Naito Raizu
This is Oceania. There is no freedom of speech in Oceania.

There is only Big Brother. :3
Kandy.JPEG
Plot Twist: This is Big Brother. Freedom? There is no speech in Oceania

There is only Oceania. :3
JudgmentDuelist
Why don't you guys just accept the new website thing beacuse now you can see what will be of DA. I know it's hard for lot of you people, but cmon, changes are hard, but good. Give it a try. Don't be close-minded and accept the fact that this place needs better shet!
Frisky Badger
Have you personally been to the website?
JudgmentDuelist
Frisky Badger wrote:

No, I have not. But cmon, with a lot of work, everything can be better than seeing an academy falling apart. There is just nothing new that can be done here now. Every event would look like it took something from other events, every game, roleplay, just every academy activity. This place is falling apart and yet no one is trying to do a thing about it. If you all really love this place as you say you do, you should try to do something, not be sad about it falling apart.
Naito Raizu
Frisky Badger wrote:

Realise that this same argument works against you.

Have you personally been to the website? How do you know that the changes that come with it aren't needed, or aren't better than what we already have?
Heatnix
Frisky, remember what I said back in the chat? about keeping it to yourself and look pretty? keep doing that.

People are hyped for the chance of growing into something more, beyond the best forum for everything Yu Gi Oh, we will become the go-to-site for everything Online Yu Gi Oh. We're working hard, we believe in our team and this staff and we will continue the tradition of DA and it's community. We will fight hard to keep the community the way it is and even harder to bring new people.

Everybody is welcome: Old friends, new friends, naysayers, hardcore supporters, even depressive realists =p
Linda-Senpai
needs more me
Naito Raizu
Rio Kastle wrote:
needs more me

A lie that Anzo tells himself every night. :3
Anzo
I don't get it Razz
Heatnix
It definitely needs more cowbell, though.
Ezekeil
Heatnix wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMYSWiPm7E0
AND YOU SHALL HAVE YOUR COWBELL
Heatnix
Ezekeil wrote:
Heatnix wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMYSWiPm7E0
AND YOU SHALL HAVE YOUR COWBELL

I can always trust that you'll get my references xp
Whatup Nab
Admins make new website... ends up like Dueling City
Jin Kazama
People who receive votes leaving staff makes the community considered 'dying'?

Last edited by Jin Kazama on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Heatnix
Whatup Nab wrote:
Admins make new website... ends up like Dueling City

I really enjoy people's negativity on this matter. It makes me smile and see how much they trust staff and the community itself. All we have to do is prove you wrong, and with the plans we have it won't be too hard to do so.
power_settings_newLogin to reply
remove_circleSimilar topics
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum