Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Vote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+10
Neji
DefinitelyNotXrai
Nina Titaia
A k e n o
Jin Kazama
Exiled
Linda-Senpai
Centrik
Order of Chaos
Amy Kool
14 posters

pollWhich set of "skill rank" names you prefer?

Rookie -> Skilled -> Professional -> Master -> Grandmaster
27%
Complete Noob -> Experienced Rookie -> Meta Boss -> Cardfather -> King of Games
19%
Bronze -> Silver -> Gold -> Platinum -> Diamond
33%
Freshman -> Sophomore -> Junior -> Senior -> Professor
21%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionVote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA EmptyVote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA

more_horiz
We have seen some cool suggestions from your side about skill rank names so we will present the final version of those and you shall vote for the thing you like most.

Because we have seen that many of like multiple of these, we might make another round after this, like the best two options get the voting again, so that all others that liked also those can vote for their favorite. But, this depends really. Don't consider this voting as final, more like we want to see opinion of the majority in DA.

Last edited by Amy Kool on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionVote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA EmptyRe: Vote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA

more_horiz

Why did u lock the New Dorm System: Skill Rank Name Suggestions

I mean we only had :

Tomoko :

(which is very unserious)

And the Suggestions from Naito and u didnt use the one with
His best suggestion :

Why not let it open for some more suggestions........

............... Vote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA 4163577783 

descriptionVote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA EmptyRe: Vote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA

more_horiz
Voted.

more_horiz
well it stayed there for a day. who had something in mind they posted. Also, that suggestion from naito has teacher rank (and we got staff teachers here as well) and graduate rank as 3rd. graduate may mislead ppl, since we got two more ranks above it. those are the reasons for not using that one, but his other two were very reasonable for DA

more_horiz
No offence on Naito but:

Bronze -> Silver -> Gold -> Platinum -> Legend

was very avarage....

i mean why the rush......

I mean :

..............Still , i support ur decission(and the staffs)................ Vote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA 3807250379

more_horiz
fable and myth.... what do those have to do with ranking? I mean legend okay it is used when someone was so great and they call him a legend but fable and myth? I understand you like games but here we have to focus on interesting stuff for most ppl, not only strategy players lol. for a new user in DA, who likes ygo very much, seeing some people wearing myth or fable would totally be confusing.

Also, apprentice and student. Relation between those two is unclear. apprentice is mostly used as a student that is being trained by someone, like you got some sort of wise man teaching some kid stuff and we call that kid apprentice. Student is just student lol. I mean student is generally someone who is studying stuff. Apprentice is a beginner in some field that is being trained for. Leveling those two.... we cannot just merge random things or synonyms or very similar things together lol.

more_horiz
Amy Kool wrote:
fable and myth.... what do those have to do with ranking? I mean legend okay it is used when someone was so great and they call him a legend but fable and myth? I understand you like games but here we have to focus on interesting stuff for most ppl, not only strategy players lol. for a new user in DA, who likes ygo very much, seeing some people wearing myth or fable would totally be confusing.

Also, apprentice and student. Relation between those two is unclear. apprentice is mostly used as a student that is being trained by someone, like you got some sort of wise man teaching some kid stuff and we call that kid apprentice. Student is just student lol. I mean student is generally someone who is studying stuff. Apprentice is a beginner in some field that is being trained for. Leveling those two.... we cannot just merge random things or synonyms or very similar things together lol.

The reasoning here is exelent....  Vote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA 3785705527 what can i say

And i agree ..........yes i agree.

But only after what i read , and my last question on the matter (sorry if im beeing a pain in the a**)

Where do this type of reasonings take part , can we see them so we dont act like morons.....

PS. I voted.

more_horiz
Cicada>Cicada>Cicada>Higurashi>Cicada>Higurashi>Cicada Master

more_horiz
ddeevviiss wrote:
Amy Kool wrote:

The reasoning here is exelent....  Vote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA 3785705527 what can i say

And i agree ..........yes i agree.

But only after what i read , and my last question on the matter (sorry if im beeing a pain in the a**)

Where do this type of reasonings take part , can we see them so we dont act like morons.....

PS. I voted.

Hm, I haven't understand you well in the last thing you asked lol. Was your question from those we put as options where that reasoning happens or?

more_horiz
yeah , where are the visual(words) behind those great minds comming up with good ideas(not trying to be funny )

(physically where can we see disscussions on the matter)

arigato ,onegaishimasu.

more_horiz
But I'll just explain them a bit anyway.

1st option is pretty obvious. Even though, expert would be more suitable tech-wise instead of professional, but since pro is used in many many things for these purposes, then we used pro as better option than expert.

2nd option. noob is just noob lol. rookie is also a starter but when you compare it to noob, rookie knows at least something, and if some ppl don't feel like that I added words "complete" to noob and "experienced" to rookie to additionally differ them and give them more interesting names ofc. Then there is meta boss, indicating that those people utilize meta decks very much since winning a tournament without meta deck is a rare case. Plus whenever we see someone winning we say usually its a meta player. Cardfather derived from godfather (the mafia meaning) indicating that these kind of duelists are so good that they are boss of the bosses. U know, meta bosses being all loud and praise themselves while cardfather sits behind in a chair full of leather and is above it all simply. King of games is obvious, no matter how much cardfathers be good and pro, you can't simply get over yugi. he draws cards he wants, speaks with monsters he wants, has its own spirit to talk with when he is alone, he simply always is one step in front of everyone. whenever kaiba screws the rules, yugi does that much more and beats the crap out of him again and again. never a ygo anime had such a boss protagonist than yugi and will never have one. when pot of greed was not drawing enough cards he used cards of consonance and modified its effect so he could draw cards until he has full hand of them lol. cards that are unbeatable, he has beaten with kuriboh.... LOL and after all these years of synchros and xyz crap, he still likes old fashion and fuses his gazelle with befomet LOL. classics are classics after all. In anime, he is the only one called the king of games and remains that title. That is why no better title will suit best duelist ever :D

3rd is naitos. metal names used in order based on their cost, this is very old fashion but as naito said still used very much. legend at the end indicates someone who is just so pro that he remains something special in DA and deserves to be called a legend. i know, it is a bit off of metal names but it is actually okay to raise last rank to higher grounds than the rest :D

4th school names, which is obvious and suitable for our academy needs :D

about discussions and such, usually we speak this in staff section but in general, these ideas happen just like that single person suggests and others like it or just suggest some small modifications to it or so. Its not like we all work on one name or so lol.

more_horiz
Would have liked to thank you in your native language , but i dont know...

Still  .... handshake ....and .... Vote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA 3479277773 

more_horiz
Bronze -> Silver -> Gold -> Platinum -> Diamond

Works better if you use those, Legend just looks out of place.

more_horiz
good one, deserves correction lol.

more_horiz
...These votes are really close.

more_horiz
Bronze -> Silver -> Gold -> Platinum -> Diamond > *Challengers*

Do et :D

more_horiz
voted

more_horiz
Eh... I'd prefer graduate > professor, but still like the bottom one.

more_horiz
I have a feeling that every League player is going to choose the 3rd one.
xD

more_horiz
Didn't bother reading a single post here, just gonna say; whoever suggested the "Bronze -> Silver -> Gold -> Platinum -> Diamond" is a bloody walking genius. I hope that wasn't germfeg. League of Legends dominating DA!

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
Didn't bother reading a single post here, just gonna say; whoever suggested the "Bronze -> Silver -> Gold -> Platinum -> Diamond" is a bloody walking genius. I hope that wasn't germfeg. League of Legends dominating DA!

I do not play LoL, but I voted for that since the other "sux".

more_horiz
You should play LoL <3

more_horiz
Why the hell LoL reference is getting the most votes Oh Shit

more_horiz
LOKOS wrote:
Why the hell LoL reference is getting the most votes

we are here in a yugioh forum , Vote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA 6295259 LoL

more_horiz
we will eventually delete that thing and then 1st one gonna win.

more_horiz
LOKOS wrote:
Why the hell LoL reference is getting the most votes Oh ****

I'll go Bot lane

more_horiz
I take Top.

Also lo Amy do that Vote on names for new "skill ranks" for DA 3974120512

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply