Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionUse of acid golem EmptyUse of acid golem

more_horiz
Hey, can you use Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction to summon Black ray Launcher?

descriptionUse of acid golem EmptyRe: Use of acid golem

more_horiz
If you mean using Acid Golem as an overlay material to summon Lancer? no, you can't. You can't use any XYZ monsters to synchro nor Exceed summon because they don't have a level, they have a rank. Notice that their rank is on the left side of the card.

You did mean Black Ray Lancer, right?

Last edited by Heatnix on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Black Ray Lancer, no.

Full Armored - Black Ray Lancer, yes.

The difference between them is their effects. The original Black Ray Lancer requires monsters with Levels for his summons. Full Armored also requires monsters with levels, but they can be substituted for a Rank 3 Xyz Monster with no materials due to his effect.

more_horiz
No to both. Acid Golem has an effect where you cannot special summon any monsters. This is put into effect unless something negates its effct, such as Skill Drain.

more_horiz
XraishionX wrote:
No to both. Acid Golem has an effect where you cannot special summon any monsters. This is put into effect unless something negates its effct, such as Skill Drain.

Crap, that's right. I'd forgotten Acid Golem had that effect.

more_horiz
As for the reasoning behind konami logic, let me quote myself from this DNF topic:

! Gianus wrote:
Before anyone attempts to make an action, the gamestate checks whether or not that action is valid.

The moment you try to Special Summon a monster using Acid Golem (or similar cards like Fossil Dyna), the gamestate checks if it is valid. Since just before the attempted Summon you are not allowed to Special Summon, you cannot go ahead and Special Summon, even if you want to use 1 of those said monsters.

This is also why you cannot activate effects like that of "Lumina, Lightsworn whatever" if you do not have valid targets in the Graveyard to begin with, eventhough discarding 1 card is a cost for its effect to activate.

more_horiz
Hehe, thankes, i just want to say, i rote it rong, i ment to say full armored black ray lancer, sorry xD

more_horiz
This appears to be solved-ish. Unless gaticadesE has any more questions. I'll also leave it open for more feedback.

more_horiz
But it's already answer. Just lock it.

I can't lock it myself D: I have no power here ;w;

more_horiz
Whitney wrote:
But it's already answer. Just lock it.

I can't lock it myself D: I have no power here ;w;

Like it should be.

more_horiz