Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[COTW Article] Phantom of Chaos Empty[COTW Article] Phantom of Chaos

more_horiz
[COTW Article] Phantom of Chaos PhantomofChaosGLAS-EN-SR

"Any Battle Damage this monster inflicts to your opponent becomes 0. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 Effect Monster in your Graveyard. Until the End Phase, this card's name is treated as that monster's name, and it gains that monster's effect(s) and ATK."

Phantom of Chaos Rulings

This Card is Pure awesome..but before i start talking about its effect.Let's have a look at its stats :
1- Hmm It's Dark...So assuming that you run a good amount of DARK monsters in your deck,you can also run
"Allure of Darkness"
2- Its attack is 0...That means it's searchable by "Sangan" and "Mystic Tomato"
3- It is a 4 star level monster so...it can be searched by "Summoner Monk" and is good synchro material (4 + 2/3/4 = 6/7/8 )

Now Time to have a look at its effect and analyse it.
"Any Battle Damage this monster inflicts to your opponent becomes 0"
This is not very good..But still you can destroy the monster you're attacking if you have higher attack.

"Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 Effect Monster in your Graveyard. Until the End Phase, this card's name is treated as that monster's name, and it gains that monster's effect(s) and ATK."

This is the effect that was the center point to abuse the absurdly hard to get out "Sky Scourge Norleras's" effect..You'd somehow send Norleras to the graveyard then summon "Phantom of Chaos" to Nuke the field,your hand and your opponent's hand.then you draw a card.This Combo Works greatly in Hopeless Dragons,Norleras Variants or even some Other Zombies Variants

This effect isn't only abused with Norleras,but it can be used with DAD,JD,Chaos Sorcerer,The Dark Creator...etc

Beside that you get the effect,you can also abuse cards that summon from RFG and the best example is RFTDD (Return from the Different Dimension).
D.D.R would also work quite good

Hmm This card is good but doesn't it have any weak points ?!
Sure it does...this card's 0 attack would cost you a direct attack the following turn.That attack won't help it against "Tiger King Wanghu".
This card would get owned by "Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer".
Book of Moon and Shadow Imprisoning Mirror would also waste your turn exposing you to a direct attack *Incase of SIM*

Ok got it but where can i use it ?!
-Desperate Dragons : It works perfect there..Beside abusing norleras's effect,you have many other options *JD,DAD,The Dark Creator,Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon,Darklord Zerato or even Grepher*

-Other Norleras Variants..it also has its place in twilight builds,you can use it with Chaos Sorcerer,DAD.

Example Deck :
Hopeless Dragons :
Monsters (24):
1x DAD
2x REDMD
3x Dark Horus
2x The Dark Creator
2x Sky Scourge Norleras
1x Darklord Zerato
1x Summoner Monk
3x Dark Grepher
3x Phantom of Chaos
3x Red-Eyes Wyvern
3x Necrogardna
1x Plaguespreader's Zombie

Spells (16):
3x Hand Destruction
3x Trade-In
2x Allure of Darkness
1x Card Destruction
1x Heavy Storm
1x Future Fusion
1x Gold Sarcophagus
2x D.D.R
2x Foolish Burial

Extra Deck (15):
1x Five God Dragon
2x Stardust Dragon
1x Red Dragon Archfiend
1x Thought Ruler Archfiend
1x Colossal Warrior
1x Dark End Dragon
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x X-Saber Urebellum
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Brionac
1x Mist Wurm
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Magical Android

Last edited by EJ on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:09 pm; edited 5 times in total

description[COTW Article] Phantom of Chaos EmptyRe: [COTW Article] Phantom of Chaos

more_horiz
Good job with the new article EJ.Keep it up.

description[COTW Article] Phantom of Chaos EmptyRe: [COTW Article] Phantom of Chaos

more_horiz
Great job but the deck kinda looks like one in nekos articles or not 10/10 nice article good card against amazoness sword no dmg

more_horiz
Nice job and good article Wink.I like it.

Last edited by .::MUFC::. on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
"This Combo Works greatly in Dark World decks/Hopeless Dragons."

Careful EJ. Norleras' effect SENDS cards. They aren't discarded so Dark World monsters won't activate.

Also, for a pure Norleras build don't forget to check my article all about Norleras:
http://duelacademy.aforumfree.com/da-articles-section-f13/exploding-scourge-of-the-skies-t2863.htm

Not quite as good as your last article considering you missed rulings on DW monsters and forgot to mention other things that stop it such as the ever powerful Book of Moon and the popular Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror. Still, not bad. Will give it a 6.5/10 this time.

more_horiz
I thought the same nekofjung till i read that at TCG

Then pay a thousand life points and blow up both the field and both
players hands,then you get to draw a card. This is easily combo'd with
a Darkworld deck who rely upon having their own cards discarded to the
graveyard and brings them right back to the field.

so i thought i was wrong...anyway i'd edit it and about Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror and BoM...they're weak points for many cards and not for this one specifically !! Still I'd edit my article point that out.
Thanks Neko I'd becareful next times tho

more_horiz
dunno what site TCG is, but what they are saying is wrong. Dark World monsters do not work with Norleras' effect.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply