Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionChaos Warning (Chaos Plant Deck) EmptyChaos Warning (Chaos Plant Deck)

more_horiz
Monsters:

Chaos Sorcerer x2
Debris Dragon x2
Card Trooper x2
Lonefire Blossom x2
Effect Veiler x2
Ryko, Lightsowrn Hunter x3
Tragoedia
Dandylion
Spore
Glow up Bulb
Sangan
Plaguespreader Zombie

Spell Cards:

Pot of Avarice x3
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Giant Trunade
Charge of the Light Brigade
One for One
Foolish Burial
Mind Control
Book of Moon
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole

Trap Cards:

Solemn Warning x2
Solemn Judgment
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
Call of the Haunted
Limit Reverse x2
Return from the Different Dimension

Extra Deck:

15 Staple Cards

Last edited by Train Hardnett on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionChaos Warning (Chaos Plant Deck) EmptyRe: Chaos Warning (Chaos Plant Deck)

more_horiz
I would personally do:

-1x Return
-1x Limit Reverse ( btw Call of the haunted holds the same purpose, if you are just going to run 1 so you should also go with Coth now )

+2x Bottomless Trap Hole ( with the upcoming Priority rule going to change, BTH is going to be like a weaker version of Solemn Warning but still good, so why not run it.

Also I think you have too few Dark Attributed monsters, but that would have to be play tested and all that, same goes for that 3rd Pot of Avarice.

For now these are my "fixes".

descriptionChaos Warning (Chaos Plant Deck) EmptyRe: Chaos Warning (Chaos Plant Deck)

more_horiz
why not run tomato, its plant, dark it could do well here

more_horiz
I don't run Tomato because, i don't have targets for it. And Duth i am running both Limit Reverse and Call of the Haunted, also replaced Gorz with Tragoedia. Also Return from the Different Dimension is very important in this deck. Untill now i don't have any problems having Dark and Light Attribute Monsters in the grave for Chaos Sorcerer (that's why i run only 2 in the first place).

more_horiz
then update the opening post of thi topic, since we cannot give accurate fixes/suggestions if you have a different version of the deck already.

As for Return, ofc you will remove a few for CS and maybe for Spore and something thats BTH'd and PSZ. Apart from that I dont see the usage in the deck, therefore I don't find a priority to run it, hence my Coth suggestion.

So update the opening post, so that we can actually help lol.

more_horiz
Tomato is not good, is exceptionally great. You said that you don't have targets for it, actually Sangan and Plaguespreader Zombie can be summoned by Mystic Tomato's effect. Other than that, it has excellent synergy with Lonefire. After sending two of them to the Graveyard you get to summon Tomato then Sangan after destruction by battle, ending up with with a <1500 monster in hand. The choices you have are something more than enough to help you execute a strategy from that point and after, considering that about the 85% of your monsters have an attack of 1500 or less. Overall you can dump up to 5 monsters pretty easily (Cat used to do this) using Pot Of Avarice whenever you need it, also gaining pluses from Sangan or Pot in the long run.

I prefer to run 21 Monsters in order to eliminate unwanted mills through Ryko's effect along with the two copies of Card Trooper we can have, for now. Dandyllion is only available at one so you're likely to target Card Trooper often with Debris, milling for Chaos Sorcerer, the one level Tuner plants and more. Gorz would be better compared to Tragoedia for me, by the time that you run 2 Effect Veilers, combo with the Emissary of Darkness Token for level 8 Synchro which being even reusable with Limit Reverse. Of course, Tragoedia gives the player a wider spectrum of moves taking advantage of some unused Tuners you keep at hand but I wouldn't sacrifice card utility in any case or maybe in this particular deck type. You can experiment on either another Chaos Sorcerer or Caius, just find what suits you best and adjust accordingly the ratio of Sorcerer and Pot Of Avarice.

It looks effective and pretty consistent overall. Keep in mind that 3 Sorcerers could be mandatory and Mirror Force could even not deserve a place there when facing deck types you can't find in KCVDS, but I regard it to be a deck for KCVDS. There are two techs in which I don't agree with other people and these are both Trap Dustshoot and One for One. The first gives profusely dead draws, considering the absence of a well-structured draw engine. You don't have any, but you can test it if you like doing it. One for One has a sick combo with Glow-Up Bulb and Chaos Sorcerer but can be disrupted easily except for cases where the opponent's cards you'll be destroying are no real threat at all. The main reson I rejected it was again its relatively being situational when a Chaos Sorcerer play is not viable and monsters like Level Eater are not there to provide any other types of moves.

@ The_Dutch_Prince Last time I checked the ruling about Priority didn't apply for TCG. My sources are to be trusted of course, but also got a confirmation by judges, one of them being a member of DA.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply