Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionCompilation of Card Questions EmptyCompilation of Card Questions

more_horiz
First things first;

Some ZW questions that always gets on the way of my duels:
1 - When I prompt to activate Tornado Bringer or Lightining Blade effects from my hand, can my opponent chain Forbidden Lance? If can what happens in the resolution?
2 - Same situation, but instead of Lance it's Forbidden Dress, what happens this time around?
3 - If my opponent activates Eternal Rest, does all ZW go to grave no matter what?
4 - If I activate Leo Arms eff on the field to equip to an face-up Utopia on the field and my opponent chains Effect Veiler it means Leo Arms'll stay on the field and be able to attack directly this turn, correct?
5 - Eagle Claw is equiped to my Utopia, during the Battle Phase I activate Utopia's eff to negate his own attack, my opponente then chains with Divine Wrath (counter trap) and discard a card to negate and destroy Utopia. My question is does it triggers Eagle Claw after resolution of the trap, meaning Divine Wrath resolved effect is negated, or does Divine Wrath resolves normally and kills Utopia?
6 - It's impossible to activate Dark Bribe or similar cards on top of the activation of any ZW from hand, correct?
7 - My Opponent controls a Face-up Light and Darkness Dragon, I try to activate Lightining Blade or Tornado Bringer in my hand, does LaDD negates the activation? What happens afterwards? Can I try to Equip Lightining Blade or Tornado Bringer again? Or are they sent to the Graveyard instead?
8 - Same set-up but instead of Tornado and Lightining I have a face-up Eagle Claw or Leo Arms and I activate their effect to equip with Utopia, what'll happen?
9 - Skill Drain is face-up on the field, does the effect of already equiped ZW go negated? Can I still equip ZW's from the hand? And from the field?

Now some miscellaneous questions regarding one of my favorite card;

1 - Breakthrough Skill is in my graveyard, it's my turn and I want to activate it's eff and negate a monster's effect. What'll happen in these cases;
a) I want to negate Light and Darkness Dragon
b) I want to negate Shooting Quasar Dragon
c) I want to negate Herald of Perfection
d) I want to negate E-Hero Wild Heart (tottally hypothetical as there is no reason at all to do this)
e) the opponent has a face-up Royal Decree
f) the opponent activated Trap Stun this turn
g) the opponent monster targeted is affected by Forbidden Lance or similar cards.

2 - Regarding Flip effect monsters, can I activate Breakthrough Skill during the damage step? Can I activate if the monster is flip summoned? Can I activate it from the graveyard if I flip the monster with Book of Taiyou (for example)?

3 - If I activate Breakthrough on my turn and my opponent somehow negates it, I still can't use it's effect from the graveyard on the same turn, correct?

That's all for now folks, I'm sure to come with new questions soon. \o/

descriptionCompilation of Card Questions EmptyRe: Compilation of Card Questions

more_horiz
Ugh... I had to scroll down to post. :<
1. Utopia will still be equipped with the ZW cards, but don't gain any of the effects from the equips.

2. Utopia will ONLY lose 600 ATK. This is because the ZW cards had already targeted Utopia, and cannot "un-target."

3. Unless Utopia is equipped with ZW - Lightning Blade, which saves it, Utopia will be destroyed.

4. Leo Arms is not equipped and is allowed to attack directly, as it is part of the effect.

5. Divine Wrath will destroy Utopia as it is a counter trap and is spell speed 3. You cannot chain to it at all. Eagle claw can not activate its effect at all either to it.

6. No. Since they are monster effects and not spells yet.

7. Not sure on this one. But I believe you can loop it and activate again since there's nothing that makes it go to the grave.

8. Same thing as 7.

9. After equipping to a monster, "equip monsters" are counted as equip cards. This means that they are now spells. So skill drain does not negate it. Skill drain also only negates the effects of monsters on the field, not the hand, so you can equip whatever from the hand. However, skill drain will stop you from equipping from the field.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1)
a. LaDD will attempt to negate, and will succeed if it has enough defense and attack.

b. Quasar can still negate it.

c. Herald can negate it.

d. That's stupid. Does nothing.

e. Royal Decree doesn't stop it, as it only negates on field traps.

f. See "e."

g. Breakthrough Skill does not affect the monster then.

2. Not during the damages step as it doesn't change ATK or DEF. Yes if flip summoned. And yes, as it IS a trap card, and therefore spell speed 2.

3. Course.

more_horiz
Some of the misconceptions of Eagle Claw comes from it's wording, it doesn't negates activation, it negates resolution, so all in all I thought it could deal with counter traps as well (as that was it's primary function on the Anime). All the others were the way I was playing already, thanks.

Adding to the Breakthrough Questions; Can I chain it's effect to any of those monsters I asked earlier? (Not E-Hero thought ahuashuashuashu) I read this somewhere that his effect on the graveyard can be chained, thus making it pretty much a counter against theses guys I mentioned, but I'm not sure.

more_horiz
Guilherme wrote:
Some of the misconceptions of Eagle Claw comes from it's wording, it doesn't negates activation, it negates resolution, so all in all I thought it could deal with counter traps as well (as that was it's primary function on the Anime). All the others were the way I was playing already, thanks.

Adding to the Breakthrough Questions; Can I chain it's effect to any of those monsters I asked earlier? (Not E-Hero thought ahuashuashuashu) I read this somewhere that his effect on the graveyard can be chained, thus making it pretty much a counter against theses guys I mentioned, but I'm not sure.
Only on your turn, breakthrough skill can negate from the graveyard and chain. It's a trap card. :>

more_horiz
Some new situations! Now adding to the pile the mighty Double or Nothing!

1) Can I chain Double or Nothing to Maiden of Blue Eyes effect?
2) Can I chain to Magic Cylinder? Does I still lose LP?
3) Can I chain to Necro Gardna? And my own Bacon Saver?
4) Now it's more asking for suggestion, other than Bancon Saver and Utopia there is any other card I can use on my turn to get this card working?
5) It's common knowledge I can't use another one on top of this one cause the boost only works on damage step. But, if I use it with a Muzurhythm and then activate it's effect, does the attack becomes the double of the doubled attack?

Now adding wood to the fire I'll post the OCG Ruling of Eagle Claw that makes it ANTI-TRAP KING:

>>> The effect that negates the effects of Trap Cards activated on the opponent's side of the field does not start a Chain. If the opponent activates the effect of a Trap Card, when that effect would resolve, the effect of this card is applied immediately.[1]

This ruling means only one thing. Eagle Claw surpasses even Counter TRAPS as it doesn't need to chain and the effect applies after the trap tries to RESOLVE. Isn't that amazing? Does anyone have a counter-argument?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply