Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Card Questions

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+5
PabelFTW
Amy Kool
Phoenix King
FluffyTots
Minako
9 posters

descriptionCard Questions EmptyCard Questions

more_horiz
If you have a section for answering questions about individual card rulings you should make sure the people that answer said questions and lock the topics involving them know what they are talking about.

http://www.duelacademy.net/t20878-hero-blast-vs-dd-crow

This topic here had a first answer that was very incorrect. The second post corrected most of it but ended up saying that hero blast's destruction was optional then the third post made restates that it's optional and that stardust can't negate it.

It's not optional, it's mandatory and stardust can negate it if there is a monster with less attack than the target monster at the time of activation on the opponent's side of the field. If there isn't, then you can't. I pmed 3 mods about unlocking this topic so I could correct it. All but one ignored me and the last pmed me back that the rulings are correct and he wouldn't unlock it.

So 4 members of staff stand behind an incorrect ruling. I'm about to get hate for this but I was actually just wanting to correct the information given to the guy wanting a ruling on the card and to anybody else that might read it and be misinformed.

Thank you for your time.

descriptionCard Questions EmptyRe: Card Questions

more_horiz
Is dis the admin Minako? If so then PWN!

more_horiz
This is real Minako Tots

Yeah I was gonna say it but I was afraid of the hate

more_horiz
Its because you PMed my slaves. They only accept PM's from me other ones go to junk. Next time PM someone that matters Smile

Now to topic, yea thanks very much for pointing this out Minako, we will try to repair the mistake.

P.S. The slave who replied to you back, can you name that slave to me, cuz u know, replying is against the feudalism rules so i might have to delete that member.

more_horiz
I would name him but I think I'll keep that information to myself so I can blackmail him into becoming a double agent for myself. Risk letting me in or kill them all. The choice is yours.

more_horiz
Well I was the one who posted that, so I kinda feel down that you didn't get the chance to help my problem. ::Monkey9::

more_horiz
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1045132

As suggested by Redshift, AntiTcb and Neonian, the answers given in the thread are correct.

more_horiz
There is no tcg ruling for stardust and hero blast. But their is one for the ocg which says you can negate it if it would destroy something. The tcg and ocg both say that stardust can't ever negate zero max and people compare them despite the rulings being different in the ocg anyways.

The truth is you could use the ocg ruling or compare it to zero-max in the tcg since there is no tcg ruling and either way you'd be correct but you wouldn't really be right.

All that aside, you're still wrong for saying it's optional which isn't an individual card ruling but is just how it functions so you're wrong.

more_horiz
I'm not a ruling guru, but if there is no specific ruling for it, how can you tell who's right and who's wrong?

EDIT: Oh, i didn't read all posts.

Anyway, now i did, the situation is not complicated, and if there is no clear ruling for it, then we use what we have to come out with an answer

Stardust Text:
When a Spell, Trap, Spell/Trap effect, or Effect Monster's effect is activated that destroys a card(s) on the field: You can Tribute this card; negate the activation and destroy it. During the End Phase, if this card negated an effect this way during this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

Hero Blast Text:
Target 1 "Elemental HERO" Normal Monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand, then destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with ATK less than or equal to the target's ATK.

Things to notice about Hero Blast rulings:
1. You can activate it even if your opponent doesn't have Face-up monsters.
2. If you happen and selected 1 monster in your graveyard, but that monster wasn't added to your hand, you can't select a monster on your opponent field and destroy it.

Stardust dragon can negate a card that destroys at activation, Hero Blast doesn't destroy at activation, therefor Stardust Dragon can't negate.

more_horiz
Cards that destroy at resolution that stardust can negate include but are not limited to:

bottomless trap hole
ryko, lightsworn hunter
ally of justice catastor
airorca
stardust dragon
starlight road
judgement dragon
dark armed dragon
et cetera, et cetera, et cetera

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:

Stardust dragon can negate a card that destroys at activation, Hero Blast doesn't destroy at activation, therefor Stardust Dragon can't negate.

That really is a dumb thing to say because there are alot of card[incliding minakos list] that destroy at resolution and stardust can negate

more_horiz
Cyrogenic Exorcist wrote:
Anzo wrote:

That really is a dumb thing to say because there are alot of card[incliding minakos list] that destroy at resolution and stardust can negate

Not doubting that stardust will negate cards which destroy at resolution, it's proven and all, but something has always been bothering me about those nasty cards that destroy at activations. If you have to chain stardust's effect to the destruction effect, and if chaining happens by activations, doesn't this mean stardust will only be able to chain to it AFTER that destruction effect has been activated? Then how would it negate a destruction that has already happened at activation, before it could chain? Not doubting the ruling and all, stardust beats all those cards that destroy at activation, just always wondered how it can...

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:

Call me an abuser, but +1 warning.

There is allot of civilized ways and allot of good manners to express your opinions in this society, so behave.

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
Anzo wrote:

Call me an abuser, but +1 warning.

There is allot of civilized ways and allot of good manners to express your opinions in this society, so behave.

abuser cuz this same thing yu did in my topic

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply